Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

His technique is not great but he scores goals. He scores goals in shitty teams with shitty manager and average players providing service.

I imagine he'll be much more effective under a world class manager and with players like Cesc, Hazard, Willian, etc feeding him. A strike partner should help, too.

Well neither DeBruyne nor Hazard could make him look good at the Euros.

Bringing Lukaku back especially for silly amounts money is one of the worst deals we could pull off. Would probably make people forget about the Torres fiasco.

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The only reason this player has a "sudden longing to return to his old club" is because no other big club is in the market for him.

The only other big club who is after a striker is Arsenal and we all know they'd never spend the money necessary to sign Lukaku.

I going to come off the fence here and say that if Costa goes I would welcome him back here with open arms. I am sick and tired of looking at transfers figures now and to be honest it's just all completely fucked, but one thing I am sure of is, if he comes, that Conte can get the maximum from him. Like someone already stated he scored goals in an average side, yes he may not be immaculate but for me he would a complete blank canvas for Conte to really make him work out. 

I'd be very happy to see him and Michy lead the line.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I going to come off the fence here and say that if Costa goes I would welcome him back here with open arms. I am sick and tired of looking at transfers figures now and to be honest it's just all completely fucked, but one thing I am sure of is, if he comes, that Conte can get the maximum from him. Like someone already stated he scored goals in an average side, yes he may not be immaculate but for me he would a complete blank canvas for Conte to really make him work out. 

I'd be very happy to see him and Michy lead the line.

Lukaku or Costa, I'd be happy either way. I was reluctant a few weeks back when the Lukaku rumors popped back up but the more I think about it the more I'm warming to it.

Lukaku and Bats as the two-headed monster and flanked on either side by Hazard and Willian looks mouthwatering. And with Lukaku we wouldn't have to constantly worry about him losing his head or worry about niggling injuries. Costa, as great as he can be, is a ticking time bomb in both of those aspects.

With Atleti now signing another striker I think any move for Costa is now off the table, though. Which means Lukaku is a no-go for us.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lukaku or Costa, I'd be happy either way. I was reluctant a few weeks back when the Lukaku rumors popped back up but the more I think about it the more I'm warming to it.

Lukaku and Bats as the two-headed monster and flanked on either side by Hazard and Willian looks mouthwatering. And with Lukaku we wouldn't have to constantly worry about him losing his head or worry about niggling injuries. Costa, as great as he can be, is a ticking time bomb in both of those aspects.

With Atleti now signing another striker I think any move for Costa is now off the table, though. Which means Lukaku is a no-go for us.

I disagree. I don't believe the costa move was ever on the table (A.Madrid couldn't afford him) I think Conte wants 3 big(ish) name stikers. 

4 minutes ago, Diego said:

I disagree. I don't believe the costa move was ever on the table (A.Madrid couldn't afford him) I think Conte wants 3 big(ish) name stikers. 

Don't think we'd spend £60-70m on a striker whilst having Costa still here. Especially Lukaku who is so similar to him. It made sense in Morata's case because he could play with Diego. Lukaku & Costa would be ineffective I think.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't think we'd spend £60-70m on a striker whilst having Costa still here. Especially Lukaku who is so similar to him. It made sense in Morata's case because he could play with Diego. Lukaku & Costa would be ineffective I think.

Whether it will/would work or not is another argument (i don't want him)

But i do think a big money striker is still on the cards with costa still here. 

Well we wanted to get Morata but that's not happening. So after that there's no other striker out there other then Lukaku that can come in and do the job if we are playing with two strikers. 

Lacazette to name one. We won't be paying Everton £60m+, if he have any sense.

57 minutes ago, Leif said:

Lacazette's worst seasons mirror Lukaku's best seasons.

+

Lacazette's best season, he was like Suarez. Lukaku's best season, he was like an in-form Grant Holt.

Lacazette also plays in a cupcake league, to be fair. Lukaku with his power and scoring ability would net 25 or more goals in the French league.

15 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Well neither DeBruyne nor Hazard could make him look good at the Euros.

To be honest, De Bruyne couldn't even make De Bruyne look good at the Euros. Lukaku didn't play bad at all considering our tactics. He scored twice, put several players in front of goal with a pass (who then wasted the opportunity) and was just half a foot away from a couple of more goals at times. I would like to see how he and Michy would get along on the field though. Could be a good combo.

2 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

To be honest, De Bruyne couldn't even make De Bruyne look good at the Euros. Lukaku didn't play bad at all considering our tactics. He scored twice, put several players in front of goal with a pass (who then wasted the opportunity) and was just half a foot away from a couple of more goals at times. I would like to see how he and Michy would get along on the field though. Could be a good combo.

Well a Belgian combination up front would be interesting to watch, I'll admit, but we already have one with Michy and Eden. Plus Hazard+Bayshuayi is more of little striker-big striker combo, which IMO works better than having two big guys upfront. We saw some of this combination at work today against Madrid. It was not for too many minutes, but I liked what I saw.