Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

What I'd like the most is to focus our efforts for now to get at least a CB and LB, strikers can wait. I'm implying this, of course, basing myself on the latest rumours; It could very well be that the club is minutes away from signing a defender.

I'm sure clubs can multitask and do more than one deal at a time. 

1 minute ago, King11Didier said:

Because we need a defender more than a striker. And this amout which is rumoured to have been offered for Lukaku, can be offered for a CB which we must bring.

Why not buy both? We have loads of money with the new tv deal and kit deal. 

Why do you believe our budget on a striker will affect what defender we buy. 

Clearly we are still trying to buy koulibaly or manolas..so chill out

11 minutes ago, Diego said:

Why not buy both? We have loads of money with the new tv deal and kit deal. 

Why do you believe our budget on a striker will affect what defender we buy. 

Clearly we are still trying to buy koulibaly or manolas..so chill out

I don't think Lukaku worths so much, that's why. I think this amout of money can be used far more reasonably.

11 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Are you didierforever in disguise?
Calm down dude, there is no need to be so exasperated, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone.

Leaving the psychopath aside, I also think Diego could be on his way out if we bid this kind of money for Lukaku (?!!!) Which would make me pretty damn sad; I'd take Diego 10 times out of 10 over a pampered child who wants to be given his starting spot instead of earning it, not to mention his shocking lack of basics.
Who would I take instead of this spoiled brat? Depends on what we're looking for.
If it's to replace Diego, then we could go for Cavani, try, albeit unlikely to come off, Aubamenyag, Lacazzette.
If it's to partner up with Diego, any of those three and Embolo, maybe Fekir.
For this amount of money I'd take Morata over this donkey 10 times out of 10.

Who?

Anyways I'm very calm, I'm just trying to figure out why everyone is up in arms about acquiring a striker who at the age of 23 has scored 60 goals in the toughest competition out there. 

PSG will not sell Cavani, they have their ambitions too and he hasn't demanded a move away so its safe to say a bid for him, a 29yr old with no resell value is pretty expensive and dumb in this climate. Aubameyang I also like but he's just re-upped for a team he happy to play for, you think €60m gets him to the Bridge? guess again. 

Fekir? meh... maybe... haven't seen enough to comment but he looks more like a winger to me.

I get the Morata thing, he knows the system and is probably ready to make a huge jump in his game. I just don't like the idea of paying €75m for a guy who scored 9 goals last year.

Lukaku isn't the ultimate choice but he most certainly isn't the worst given his penchant for scoring goals in this league and also the fact that he is homegrown. Very value pluses in my books.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would love to hear what the other suggestions are outside of Morata since so many here are so staunchly against a homegrown 23 yr old striker who has scored tons in this competition... And if I hear the name Gabigol I will fucking scream.

I respect his goal record but he can't trap a bag of cement and unlike Costa doesn't make up for it with intelligent runs to pull defender's.

If we can't find another top option id rather take my chances on Bats-Costa partnership and sign a good squad player, I'd probably get slated for this but if we can convince him to take a big wage cut i wouldn't say no to Asamoah Gyan for a season.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I respect his goal record but he can't trap a bag of cement and unlike Costa doesn't make up for it with intelligent runs to pull defender's.

If we can't find another top option id rather take my chances on Bats-Costa partnership and sign a good squad player, I'd probably get slated for this but if we can convince him to take a big wage cut i wouldn't say no to Asamoah Gyan for a season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one see the value in adding a proven goalscorer especially since goals were in great shortage last year. Costa isn't exactly the healthiest striker out there, I wouldn't be comfortable with just him and an unknown striker new to the league but thats me. 

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I for one see the value in adding a proven goalscorer especially since goals were in great shortage last year. Costa isn't exactly the healthiest striker out there, I wouldn't be comfortable with just him and an unknown striker new to the league but thats me. 

Thats why I think Gyan could be a good option for us, let's us splash out in major problem positions and we have a squad player proven in the league, I know hes played ffar east for years but he still plays for Ghana and in that time has scored 25 in 46. Him, Costa, Bats and Traore not only give us a perfect youth/experience blend but also a variety of different attributes.

I just don't think my heart can take a Lukaku-Costa partnership, the amount of clumsy touches would be soul destroying, find them both on a bad day were as good as playing with nine.

Cant see us using Pedro as Costas partner. Hes going to have problems finding a seat on the bench.

What we need is a right selfish ruthless cunt thats going to push past everyone with his eye fixed on goal. Can Lukaku do it? If he can then we should get him.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Thats why I think Gyan could be a good option for us, let's us splash out in major problem positions and we have a squad player proven in the league, I know hes played ffar east for years but he still plays for Ghana and in that time has scored 25 in 46. Him, Costa, Bats and Traore not only give us a perfect youth/experience blend but also a variety of different attributes.

I just don't think my heart can take a Lukaku-Costa partnership, the amount of clumsy touches would be soul destroying, find them both on a bad day were as good as playing with nine.

And you don't think Gyan is a little far fetched? I mean I'm trying to be as realistic as possible here... 

Lukaku and Costa are def not the best partnership out there but why not trust the work for a change? Look at what Conte did with Giovinco, Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri? Definitely some real garbage who worked effectively in a good system.

Absolutely hate his attitude and work rate. 

While Everton has problems with their defense for a lot of reasons, his complete unwillingness to work for the team should also not be underestimated as a factor. Always complaining and bitching, never showing any winning attitude by working hard and putting on pressure. He's the perfect representation of the Belgian national team. A lot of skills, but not the head on right. We already got Hazard to walk around being a lazy belgian.

Stay away.

12 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

And you don't think Gyan is a little far fetched? I mean I'm trying to be as realistic as possible here... 

Lukaku and Costa are def not the best partnership out there but why not trust the work for a change? Look at what Conte did with Giovinco, Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri? Definitely some real garbage who worked effectively in a good system.

Probably, just putting some options out there.

Also, I just been on Rubens thread and Antonio has hinted he is going to turn him into a forward. 

I would much rather overpay for Morata than overpay for Romelu. Trust me, this guy doesn't have what it takes to cut it at a top club. His first touch and horrendous link up play are his biggest limitations and the reason a midtable club is his ceiling.

34 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Absolutely hate his attitude and work rate. 

While Everton has problems with their defense for a lot of reasons, his complete unwillingness to work for the team should also not be underestimated as a factor. Always complaining and bitching, never showing any winning attitude by working hard and putting on pressure. He's the perfect representation of the Belgian national team. A lot of skills, but not the head on right. We already got Hazard to walk around being a lazy belgian.

Stay away.

I'm not being nasty but dont you think that could be said about the majority of Belgian payers?

They all walk round with races like a slapped arse. I very rarely see them laugh and when they do it looks awkward. And only once have I seen Eden celebrate a goal by kissing the badge.

Now I know none of this means anything as long as they do their job well and hopefully get on well with their team mates.

Ive only been to Belgium for football matches and gigs and admit I dont know any Belians personaly so Id love to know if this is the same for all the nation or just footballers?

Not too thrilled about this especially since we've got Michy Batshuayi.

If Lukaku is going to come in for that kind of fee he's bound to start, and he would probably throw a fuss if he doesn't.

And honestly don't want him to relegate Michy to third choice.

Already know a lot about Lukaku's game from the last two seasons and the Euro's. His consistency is nothing to shout about