Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

8 minutes ago, Diego said:

Knowing what sort of price tag Everton put on Lukaku isn't really "transfer scoop" It won't be a huge secret and would of put on him before the end of last season. 

Like i said many others have reported a while ago that they will ask for £60+

Like who? Bleacher Report? Who claimed we pulled out because of the 75m price tag? So how did we make this €60m bid then?

21 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would love to hear what the other suggestions are outside of Morata since so many here are so staunchly against a homegrown 23 yr old striker who has scored tons in this competition... And if I hear the name Gabigol I will fucking scream.

balotelli

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would love to hear what the other suggestions are outside of Morata since so many here are so staunchly against a homegrown 23 yr old striker who has scored tons in this competition... And if I hear the name Gabigol I will fucking scream.

Why not use Pedro as one of the second-striker options? Pedro is more of a wide-forward anyway, and it doesn't look like he's going to be able to provide Conte with what he wants from his wingers (genuine width and some physical robustness). Pedro's main attributes are his attacking movement and finishing ability. Costa paired with one of Pedro/Batshuayi could work, particularly with Traore being an additional option as a sub.

1 minute ago, WNDS said:

Why not use Pedro as one of the second-striker options? Pedro is more of a wide-forward anyway, and it doesn't look like he's going to be able to provide Conte with what he wants from his wingers (genuine width and some physical robustness). Pedro's main attributes are his attacking movement and finishing ability. Costa paired with one of Pedro/Batshuayi could work, particularly with Traore being an additional option as a sub.

I would bet good money he will be used in this fashion. I said earlier I think Pedro, Hazard, Cheek and Traore will be used as secondary strikers.

12 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Like who? Bleacher Report? Who claimed we pulled out because of the 75m price tag? So how did we make this €60m bid then?

I can't remember for sure, it was a while ago. It defo wasn't BR (i don't follow them) It was more than one paper/person reporting it.

Why do you find it so hard to believe everton want £60+, have you forgotten the Stones bullshit last year?

Just now, Diego said:

I can't remember for sure, it was a while ago. It defo wasn't BR (i don't follow them) It was more than one paper/person reporting it.

Why do you find it so hard to believe everton want £60+, have you forgotten the Stones bullshit last year?

No its not that I have a hard time believing it, its I have a hard time believing the source. They could very well want 80m I just doubt a known wantaway will ever fetch them what they actually want.

8 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would bet good money he will be used in this fashion. I said earlier I think Pedro, Hazard, Cheek and Traore will be used as secondary strikers.

If Pedro is used as a second striker, then I don't see the need for the big-money purchase of a striker... unless Costa is going to leave. Costa (PL-proven high-level goal-scorer), Pedro (hugely experienced and technical, with good finishing), Batshuayi (all-round prospect with huge potential), Traore (similar to Batshuayi, but at an earlier stage of development) appear to cover most of our needs up front; and yeah, you could maybe even add Hazard to that list as well.....

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

No its not that I have a hard time believing it, its I have a hard time believing the source. They could very well want 80m I just doubt a known wantaway will ever fetch them what they actually want.

erm, stones, transfer request, new owners, more money, no need to sell etc

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Okay Diego wants a known psychopath who Conte purposefully left off of team Italy.

Anyone else?

Are you didierforever in disguise?
Calm down dude, there is no need to be so exasperated, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone.

Leaving the psychopath aside, I also think Diego could be on his way out if we bid this kind of money for Lukaku (?!!!) Which would make me pretty damn sad; I'd take Diego 10 times out of 10 over a pampered child who wants to be given his starting spot instead of earning it, not to mention his shocking lack of basics.
Who would I take instead of this spoiled brat? Depends on what we're looking for.
If it's to replace Diego, then we could go for Cavani, try, albeit unlikely to come off, Aubamenyag, Lacazzette.
If it's to partner up with Diego, any of those three and Embolo, maybe Fekir.
For this amount of money I'd take Morata over this donkey 10 times out of 10.

7 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Better spend this money on CB. Bonucci or Koulibaly. No way Lukaku to worth 60mln.... And give this silly money to Everton who fu*ked up Stone's move to SB and now he will go to citieh..

I don't get this idea that just because we are willing to spend big on a striker it means we will have to buy budget defenders. =/=

Just now, Diego said:

I don't get this idea that just because we are willing to spend big on a striker it means we will have to buy budget defenders. =/=

What I'd like the most is to focus our efforts for now to get at least a CB and LB, strikers can wait. I'm implying this, of course, basing myself on the latest rumours; It could very well be that the club is minutes away from signing a defender.

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

Because we need a defender more than a striker. And this amout which is rumoured to have been offered for Lukaku, can be offered for a CB which we must bring.