Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If we buy Lukaku back for 60 million I'll jump of the Tower Bridge.

Holy shit how does Conte not see that we need a central defender like KOULIBALY(!!!!) or even Mustafi. 

But no change in hell (n)Everton are letting him go. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Pogba isn't worth 100M either, this is the market now.

If we really are in for Lukaku he is coming because Costa is off, dead simple.

But when we offered this money for Morata everyone agreed that Conte wants to play him next to Costa... i dont think Costa is leaving.

Conte wants 4-2-4, letting Lukaku and Michy be the only strikers (with Traore) will be terrible .

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Pogba isn't worth 100M either, this is the market now.

If we really are in for Lukaku he is coming because Costa is off, dead simple.

Yep. Can't see how Lukaku and Diego fit together.

If Lukaku comes, Costa is off. 

Conte sounded very sure yesterday about Costa.

‘Diego is our player. He is a fantastic player, a player with a fundamental importance and there is no problem. He stays with us, he is working very hard, he is very happy to work with his teammates and with me in the new idea of football. He is a Chelsea player.

‘He is an important player, a very strong player, one of the best in the world, and I am sure when he goes into our ideas he will score a lot of goals for us.’

My two cents, probs wrong. 

They got told to feck off by Madrid for Morata.

Negotiating with Napoli is a ballache so that's Higuain out

Now it's onto Lukaku. 

Still don't think this means Costa's off, but maybe that's my wishful thinking. We haven't signed Romelu yet anyway, its not like Everton need the money now. 

I would be very fine with a strike force of Costa, Lukaku and Batshuayi! With Traore waiting in the wings!

Clearly Strikers and CB are going for a mint now(and Pogba!) €60m seems right for a guy who's scored 60 premier league goals at the age of 23... Given the market of course

hmm i really don't rate him tbh. His scoring record is pretty damn good though...

I guess we have given up on Morata so R.L is our 2nd choice...

Anyone else have a better suggestion on which ST we should sign? I cant think of one 

15 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I would be very fine with a strike force of Costa, Lukaku and Batshuayi! With Traore waiting in the wings!

Clearly Strikers and CB are going for a mint now(and Pogba!) €60m seems right for a guy who's scored 60 premier league goals at the age of 23... Given the market of course

when you put it like that:carlo:

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Just can't see how we could play with two technically subpar, physical, battering ram strikers together. You need to partner that kind of striker with a technically superb one like Batshuayi.

Lukaku and Costa occupy the same areas and play a very similar style. They love to make runs in behind and like receiving the ball on the run. Their game relies on beating the offside trap and running like a freight train in open space.

Dont see how it would work.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Just can't see how we could play with two technically subpar, physical, battering ram strikers together. You need to partner that kind of striker with a technically superb one like Batshuayi.

Lukaku and Costa occupy the same areas and play a very similar style. They love to make runs in behind and like receiving the ball on the run. Their game relies on beating the offside trap and running like a freight train in open space.

Dont see how it would work.

Ya I get what you mean. Batshuayi is pretty nice on the ball so that solves that, also I would bet good money someone like Hazard, Loftus Cheek or even Pedro will see some time in that secondary striker role. 

If today is any indication on how we intend to play, I think most of the action is going to be played in wide areas with crosses and one on ones with our wingers. Team won't be able to double down on Hazard in this system and it will provide a lot more space for the likes of Lukaku and Costa to operate in.

That's my take anyways.