Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

Still a donkey for me. As seen numerous times, against a more than decent side he disappears.

He was poor but so were Belgium against Italy and he was up against 3 quality CB. Loads of strikers would struggle against them. People scream for Morata and yeah I like him but compare his goal stats against Lukaku. In Morata's defence I would argue he is not and out and out striker, however Lukaku is a goalscorer and despite his flaws will continue to score loads eveyr season.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You are one of my favroite posters on here but posts like that annoy me, this thread was quiet as shit when he went 10 games without a goal at the end of the season, 2 goals against Ireland and this happens.

As for today, he looks brutal against teams committing men forward leaving themselves exposed for a counter, but the problem is, in the premier league not many teams will play that way against Chelsea and every time I've seen Lukaku face a parked bus or an astute defence he's been absolute wack.

For me he's like a striker version of Ramires in the sense that has world class attributes that in certain circumstances can be a massive help, but has too many flaws to his game, meaning for one time he amazes you, he will frustrate you a further 7 times.

I hope he makes a good career for himself, but I genuinely hope we stay clear of him, £65m for Lukaku is a brutally depressing thought.

Yeah, fair play. I agree with you but it annoys me when people stay after one game in the Euros that "thread aint bouncing anymore". I mean I have no problem with criticsm but when I see comments like that I just say to myself it will only take him a matter of time for him to start banging in the goals anyway and todya proved it. I don't usually post comments like this but when I saw what BlueFox wrote on the page earlier, I just knew that by next game he would end up scoring and believe me that is the only reason I wrote this.

For example people stating on here they would rather Morata over Lukaku, I have no problems with but when people start coming up with all this 'where is this and that' person etc, it just gets annoying and I am guilty of doing it today but that was just in reference to people who said that after the Italy game. But believe me I agree with you, he has flaws but £51m for Morata who is maybe a better team player than Lukaku and better technical qualities but not a prolific striker or Lukaku who is few months younger and more prolific and is already used/suited to the PL.

But just for the record I would not have made that comment if it was not for the comment I read earlier because I find it annoying myself mate.

Lukaku by itself sucks. 

But lukaku with another striker now that would be good. 

Said it before my dream before was lukaku and sturridge but thats not possible anymore. 

However a partnering of lukaku and morata, now that might be possible and still have a good complement to each other. 

If we are going for the two strikers formation then it will make a lot of sense paying that big money for lukaku and morata at the same time. 

Even when he's scoring and playing well I can't help but notice how shocking his first touch is. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Just makes me wonder how well he'd do against top class opposition in Europe and in big time PL games when he's playing for a big team like Chelsea. Teams can render him totally ineffective if they close him down and press him. The ball often bounces off him like a brick wall.

Against small clubs he'll run riot because they won't be able to deal with him physically.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Even when he's scoring and playing well I can't help but notice how shocking his first touch is. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is why my long standing feeling about Rom remains unchanged since I formed it within twenty minutes of the first game I saw him play. He has qualities, not quality.

I learned later that Rom also has brains so there is no doubt he'll find a way to contribute but no manager of a top level, Champions League contending, side will ever be satisfied with Rom as his first choice striker. Any such manager presented with Rom as his top option, will soon be on the look out for an alternative. That's the prediction I made nearly 5 years ago and I stand by it.

• 4 weeks later...