Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

15 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

For that kind of sum it really goes down to a simple question, for me at least: Is he an upgrade on Diego Costa?

Now, I'm one of Costa's biggest critics, but Romelu simply is not better, at least not yet. 

faster, stronger , younger, better dribbler, better aerially , more shot power, can shoot outside the box, not liable to be banned every few games, and HG i think

40 minutes ago, lucio said:

faster, stronger , younger, better dribbler, better aerially , more shot power, can shoot outside the box, not liable to be banned every few games, and HG i think

Yep, he is HG (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/sep/030915-2015-2016-premier-league-squads-announced.html)

As you can see from the link, we desperately need HG players who are not just squad sheet fillers. Romelu would be ideal for that. In fairness he has quite a few advantages over Costa and I would take him if it weren't for that ridiculous quoted price. He will not be cheap considering he's at Everton and is home grown, so I'd rather we focus our financial power elsewhere and keep Costa for now.

16 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

For that kind of sum it really goes down to a simple question, for me at least: Is he an upgrade on Diego Costa?

Now, I'm one of Costa's biggest critics, but Romelu simply is not better, at least not yet. 

Lukaku is better than Costa there is no doubt.

10 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Explain me why sadiki CHOULO,Romely isn't better ,at least not yet.Mla3bi behi,y7eb barcha Chelsea.Ana nchouf taw ya3ti barcha lil jam3iya,wait and see.

Sadiki, no offense, but I can barely understand spoken Tunisian Arabic, let alone written! :lol: 

Basically I think they are both very similar and while Lukaku is homegrown and better aerially, Costa's movement is on a different level and creates so many chances for his teammates. His pressing and defensive work is miles better as well which I believe will be key under Conte. Also you can get into motivational and leadership qualities...

2 hours ago, lucio said:

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Lukaku is better than Costa there is no doubt.

Please see above.

10 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Basically I think they are both very similar and while Lukaku is homegrown and better aerially, Costa's movement is on a different level and creates so many chances for his teammates. His pressing and defensive work is miles better as well which I believe will be key under Conte. Also you can get into motivational and leadership qualities...

Clever play,physical attributes pace,strength,his lifestyle:the successor of Didier Drogba. Every year, Lukaku is progressing in all the level.Costa look at his age,at the long term Chelsea will not benifit about his service. 

He's going to be first striker this tournament and it feels like he's up to the job. We shall see.
Would be ideal to let him bully defenses for 60-70 minutes and then let a super fast goal machine like Batshuayi fuck them up when they're tired. 
I'm glad Benteke went down in the picking order. Just not clinical enough. 

6 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Come on, what are you going to do with it anyway? You get 300 million from the tv contract alone or something. That's five Lukakus and some strippers on the side.

To be honest, as long as we also address all of our other problem areas I couldn't care less what we do when it comes to strikers.

If we spunk a huge amount on Lukaku as if he's priority #1 and cheap out on CM and CB signings I'll be pissed off.

Plus, there's this whole issue of Lukaku and Costa being completely incompatible as a pairing.

Would be REALLY stupid of us to keep making losses on players who were already at the club and not featuring before they left. I distinctively remember Matic being one of these players when he left us for Benfica! Signing him for £15m more than the amount we originally sold him to the club for!

Sorry, but £60m is too much money to be exchanging.. don't really care if you do want to return to Chelsea.

35 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku insists he’s one of the best strikers in the world

Wannabe Zlatan.