Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

2 hours ago, Madmax said:

Did he actually name drop Chelsea? Surely it's happening then.

Sigh.

I don't think what he said is a hint or anything. It could simply be the truth (look at the way the things our Belgians have said have been interpreted). He spent time at a club where winning titles was expected. A lot of players get this drive throughout their careers.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'd laugh my head off.

And then people will moan why we didn't buy him, that we are penny pinching and all that shenanigans.

You can never win with the people on this forum.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

And then people will moan why we didn't buy him, that we are penny pinching and all that shenanigans.

You can never win with the people on this forum.

One thing is spending 65m pound for a player we ultimately don't need and wouldn't add anything to our team.
Another thing is penny pinching on a position such as CB where we are severely lacking in quality.

All I know is that he's a die hard Chelsea fan that grew up with Drogba as his idol and has a room in Belgium filled with Chelsea posters, scarfs and Chelsea shirts. Has a beautiful goalscoring record at the age of 23 and most importantly he's stayed free from injuries in all this time. Loud mouth, but who cares as long as he wants to come back to the club he loves. Might not have the perfect first touch or technique, but no footballer is perfect. He bangs them goals right and left and this is what matters the most. Remember he's just turned 23. Drogba was a complete anonymous at that age. Suarez wasn't far off, too. Give the guy a chance and we might end up with another quality striker for the next 6-7 years.   

I think the main problem people have here is the sheer size of the money involved. We are currently light in about 3/4 areas, possibly even more, yet the 65M spoken about could be split in half to fetch in 2/3 players.

Right now Costa remains here, if this continues to be the case then this is a stupid transfer.

True it would be stupid to spend big on him and he right now is not worth near those 65m.

BUT if another big club buys him ala United, city or whoever else and Lukaku suceeds, this thread will crash again because same fans will talk why didnt we pay the money for him and went for cheap alternatives etc etc.

I will remain neutral here, because there is 50% chance Lukaku will end up as Drogba or 50% he will end up a flop. In first case 60m will be nothing, in second even 20m would be too much.

If we buy him so be it, but if the board decides to spend 60m on Lukaku, they better have enough money for top CB and CM.

For that kind of sum it really goes down to a simple question, for me at least: Is he an upgrade on Diego Costa?

Now, I'm one of Costa's biggest critics, but Romelu simply is not better, at least not yet. 

Imo true. I see him as prolific, but detrimental for the team performance, sadly...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

For that kind of sum it really goes down to a simple question, for me at least: Is he an upgrade on Diego Costa?

Now, I'm one of Costa's biggest critics, but Romelu simply is not better, at least not yet. 

I too think Diego is currently the better player, but to be honest I think Lukaku would get a similar goal return if given a full season here.

They're so similar as players, though, which is why this doesn't make sense yet until we know what's happening with Costa. By all accents and rumors I've seen Conte is keen to keep him.

6 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Explain me why sadiki CHOULO,Romely isn't better ,at least not yet.Mla3bi behi,y7eb barcha Chelsea.Ana nchouf taw ya3ti barcha lil jam3iya,wait and see.

11 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Explain me why sadiki CHOULO,Romely isn't better ,at least not yet.Mla3bi behi,y7eb barcha Chelsea.Ana nchouf taw ya3ti barcha lil jam3iya,wait and see.

What the fuck is this? lol