Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think it also says something that almost all of the Everton fans I've seen online wouldn't be bothered at al to see him go. Many are happy to see it as a matter of fact. When he's on top of his game he's an unplayable monster. When he's off form or not bothered due to a poor attitude he's Giroud-tier.

£30-35m, okay. Not £60m or more.

Isn't he their best goalscorer for many years?!
I guess most of them are just bitter that he constantly talks himself to 'better' clubs... the boy is just talking a big game, not that good, imo.
Apart from the one odd exception he has been poor for quite some time, because of the circumstances (young, had to pay ~30 mil, long contract), 60 mil. isn't far fetched,
but we shouldn't do it. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

In terms of pure football technique you're correct, but Lukaku is on pace to be one of the PL's all time goal scorers. He scores no matter where he is.

All I'm saying is that no, he definitely isn't worth this insane price, but I wouldn't mind us giving him another shot. I just don't see how he and Costa coexist.

Lukaku is a good Premier League player and I respect his goals record, but I don't want him back under any circumstances.

12 minutes ago, Styles said:

Lukaku is a good Premier League player and I respect his goals record, but I don't want him back under any circumstances.

Definitely understandable. It would just suck if one of our rivals buys him and he continues banging them in and becomes the player we hoped for when we first bought him.

If only the extent of our terrible season ended with us scraping 4th rather than 10th. Then we'd actually have a small chance of convincing Griezmann to join up. He'd be perfect up top next to Diego. Obviously zero chance without CL football.

5 hours ago, Melanicus said:

If we want to play 442, why don't we go for technical striker to partner Costa up front? Like Lacezette, Morata, Dybala, Icardi etc. Much better & cheaper options.

Since when is Dybala cheaper? Or since when is he an option at all? Juve would rather sell Pogba than him.

Icardi, Morata.. I don't know.. I don't really feel they're special. Morata simply doesn't score enough.

Lacazette would be a fit imo. Quick, agressive. I'm in.

That what I think, although I believe the criticism of Costa is massively overrexaggarated, him and Lukaku would never work, and if it's one or the other, then I choose Diego 100 times out of 100.

Yes, I think despite his lack of top-class technique Costa is still a world class striker (or atleast close to it), because of his movements and goal-scorig instincts, he showed that especially last season.

Lukaku on the other hand just doesn't cut it at top level for me. He is missing football IQ, despite getting on the scoresheet on a regular basis. His overall qualities are enough for Everton for example, but he wouldn't start at any top club in Europe as it stands now.

11 minutes ago, James said:

If we are even considering paying £65 million for Lukaku i have officially lost all confidence in the board.. absolute shambles. 

Imagine some of the players we could get with that money...

Could surely sign anyone outside of a handful of players in world football with that much money. Even our board aren't this mad. 

2 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Chelsea confident of signing £65m striker Romelu Lukaku as he favours Stamford Bridge return. #CFC #EFC (Standard)

Surely to goodness this tells us all we need to know. Where are Barca or Real or Bayern or Paris or Juve or Atletico or the Manchester clubs or Arsenal even, in the chase for this wonderful striker? Nowhere to be seen it seems. I'm inferring that on the assumption that this story is true, because, if it is, that's the only explanation for Rom preferring Chelsea. If any of those clubs put their hat in the ring Rom would undoubtedly be at least considering them. Trouble is for Rom that those clubs have seen him play and that fact is, I'm affraid, always going to put a ceiling on his ambition.

Rom has some highly desirable attributes but he lacks the one quality which, ultimately, all of the great strikers possess, high level technical skills. That shortcoming dooms him to being ranked among the good, not the great and the good is not what I want Chelsea to be chasing in the transfer market. Not at £65m, not even at £28m. Buy good players, keep buying good players then buy enough good players and you end up 10th. Unless of course you end up 11th. Like Everton.

If we really are contemplating this stupid move there can be only one of two explanations to my mind. Either it suggests a dangerous nativity on Conte's part; it's England so let's get a big lump up top, or it is someone in the decision making group wanting to prove that they were right all along. Bringing Rom back would be a very expensive way to prove that they were not.

On 22/05/2016 at 2:25 PM, Melanicus said:

Oh my fucking god, can he and his dad just shut the fuck up for once?!

To be fair to Rom he has made some good judgements in his career so far. Joining Chelsea was the right choice, as was the decision to leave again. Now, wanting to move on from Everton is once more the right plan. Just so long as he doesn't end up here that is. :)