Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Think it's either Zlatan or Lukaku as United's new #9 next season. I'd honestly rather it be Zlatan as much as I love him because he'd only be there in the short term. Lukaku would be there for 10 years. He's scored goals wherever he's been and with much better players around him and Mouinrho in charge he'd be scary.

There aren't really many clubs he can move to. There are only a couple of huge clubs looking for a main striker. United, Arsenal, PSG when Zlatan leaves, and I guess Juventus when Real Madrid inevitably buy Morata back. PSG would be best case scenario for us I suppose.

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think it's either Zlatan or Lukaku as United's new #9 next season. I'd honestly rather it be Zlatan as much as I love him because he'd only be there in the short term. Lukaku would be there for 10 years. He's scored goals wherever he's been and with much better players around him and Mouinrho in charge he'd be scary.

There aren't really many clubs he can move to. There are only a couple of huge clubs looking for a main striker. United, Arsenal, PSG when Zlatan leaves, and I guess Juventus when Real Madrid inevitably buy Morata back. PSG would be best case scenario for us I suppose.

I can't see Lukaku or Mou going United now.

The LVG sacking rumours have gone a bit quiet, I think the promotion of Rashford has brought him more time.

Just now, Tomo said:

The LVG sacking rumours have gone a bit quiet, I think the promotion of Rashford has brought him more time.

Nah, it's nailed on. No way their fans will put up with Van Gaal for another season. The success of Rashford has meant that he's saved himself the embarrassment of being sacked midseason but he's definitely gone in May.

Mourinho may very well want a young, PL proven striker with great pace and power so Lukaku would be ideal. Mou will say "I never wanted to sell him at Chelsea but he needed to develop and now has" Lukaku will say "I've always wanted to play for the world's best manager and blah, blah, blah." 

Think José will raid Everton for both Lukaku & Stones. 

41 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah, especially if he gets top 4 he's going to be around another season.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

They're not gana sack him now with possible champions league placePlus story were going round in circles anyway not much that can be reported.

End of season it'll be back on.Been so hit and miss this season be surprised if they chance it

A 20 goal a season striker at 22 years of age. If he had not been a part of our roster in the past, everyone would have been banging on and on and on about this guy. Look at whats happened with dybala. And in all honesty, even his overall game has improved 10 folds.

No, I dont think he is better than Costa. But if Costa wants to leave, I would love Lukaku here even if its for 50million pounds. Cavani would cost 30odd millions, he is already 29 and is only going to get worse. On the other hand, Lukaku knows the league inside out, would be playing for his dream club (hopefully we are still that for him) and he is ONLY going to improve and give us 10 good years at least.

Please, lets just GET HIM back!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is true as well:

Chelsea may use contract loopholes to snare Romelu Lukaku for reduced fee as striker prepares to leave Everton 

•  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3536809/Chelsea-use-contract-loopholes-snare-Romelu-Lukaku-reduced-fee-striker-prepares-leave-Everton.html#ixzz45kZxMyAd 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I wonder if this is true as well:

Chelsea may use contract loopholes to snare Romelu Lukaku for reduced fee as striker prepares to leave Everton 

•  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3536809/Chelsea-use-contract-loopholes-snare-Romelu-Lukaku-reduced-fee-striker-prepares-leave-Everton.html#ixzz45kZxMyAd 

What a stupid piece of click bait. Loopholes? The article claims that Everton may owe Chelsea bonus payments under the terms of the deal which took Lukaku to Goodison and that, if so, Chelsea will expect those bonuses to be discounted from any transfer fee if Rom is re-signed. Well hold the front page!

P.S. Don't want us to bring him back but if Conte does, he does.

On 05/04/2016 at 0:35 PM, chelseafan26 said:

And in all honesty, even his overall game has improved 10 folds.

I don't agree. Not even twofold.

Last summer, I was among those who would have liked Dybala to happen. This summer I'd prefer Cavani to either either Costa or Lukaku. He's not the top option but I use him as the comparison because you did.

On 13 March 2016 at 11:19 PM, Tomo said:

And the minute Lukaku has a goal drought and Costa scores loads you wont come near this thread.

Lukaku isn't as good as Costa, Costa has fired two teams to the title in two different league's, Lukaku has proven little in comparison, but hey his goals has fired Everton to 12th so he must be better.

Im happy he has created a decent career for himself, but we have got a better striker and one who in my opinion will be at least as good (who proven more in a Chelsea shirt than Romelu ever did).

Costa is surrounded by players such as Hazard, Willian,Fabregas. Romelu doesn't have that kind of service yet he manages to score so many goals 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't agree. Not even two fold.

Last summer, I was among those who would have liked Dybala to happen. This summer I'd prefer Cavani to either either Costa or Lukaku. He's not the top option but I use him as the comparison because you did.

29 year old for 30odd million pound or a 22 year old for 50 odd million pound - mind you the 22 year old player is already PL proven, has scored bucket loads of goals for teams which dont boast half of our attacking capabilities compared to a player who has been playing on the wings for the past 2/3 years. 

As for Lukaku's improvement, you must be in a minority of the percent of people thinking his game has bloomed in a lot of aspects. As for cavani as a replacement for costa - another decision in the wrong direction.