Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

10 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Not really. He wouldn't start ahead of Costa hence wouldn't be on the form he is.

Yes, but he would have added depth to the squad and/or like Anelka used to - we could have played him out wide using his pace... I mean anything is better than Pedro, even MARIN!!!!

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I would say 'exaggeration' - massive - is a big too far - Pedo is diabolical!

Even Cuadrado wasworld class compared to Marin, that's how bad Marko was, I usually give players At least 6 month worth of games before writing them off but he was so so shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope he goes on to have the best career he can have, but as far as the here and now goes, I can't say I'm unhappy that Costa's return to scoring form has coincided with a dip for Romelu after the crap that was getting spouted pre Christmas when it was the other way round.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I do hope he goes on to have the best career he can have, but as far as the here and now goes, I can't say I'm unhappy that Costa's return to scoring form has coincided with a dip for Romelu after the crap that was getting spouted pre Christmas when it was the other way round.

And apart from you and a few others now this thread is like a graveyard :lol:

12 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

And apart from you and a few others now this thread is like a graveyard :lol:

What do you want/expect people to say though? He has had a mini drought. Big deal. People should start suddenly start coming into the thread and talking about that? The thing is he is still only 22, has 19 goals already for the season, 15 of those in the league. At this rate he should easily get past 20 league goals which is a fantastic achievement.

5 hours ago, Stats said:

What do you want/expect people to say though? He has had a mini drought. Big deal. People should start suddenly start coming into the thread and talking about that? The thing is he is still only 22, has 19 goals already for the season, 15 of those in the league. At this rate he should easily get past 20 league goals which is a fantastic achievement.

It's not the fact he's having a goal drought its the fact that while Lukaku was scoring an Costa wasnt Costa was getting  constantly slated and this thread was getting invaded with comments basically saying Costa is average and we should have kept Lukaku instead (although tbf the two main culprits are banned now).

5 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847_400x400

Come on pal. What is the irony? 4 games without scoring? Or is it something else.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's not the fact he's having a goal drought its the fact that while Lukaku was scoring an Costa wasnt Costa was getting  constantly slated and this thread was getting invaded with comments basically saying Costa is average and we should have kept Lukaku instead (although tbf the two main culprits are banned now).

Fair enough. I always praised Lukaku but I never slated Costa off. I come in here and give him compliments when he performs well but I also do the same with Costa. But as you said it was mainly DF who always use to slate Costa. I have always been a big fan of Costa. One thing I did mention in here though when Costa was not really performing is that I think Lukaku has improved his overall game and he now his an all round striker. Good thing is Costa is showing a lot of these traits again now. Looks beastly.

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Come on pal. What is the irony? 4 games without scoring? Or is it something else.

Fair enough. I always praised Lukaku but I never slated Costa off. I come in here and give him compliments when he performs well but I also do the same with Costa. But as you said it was mainly DF who always use to slate Costa. I have always been a big fan of Costa. One thing I did mention in here though when Costa was not really performing is that I think Lukaku has improved his overall game and he now his an all round striker. Good thing is Costa is showing a lot of these traits again now. Looks beastly.

One thing I have noticed he has improved on considerably is his one touch passing with his back to goal, this time last year giving him the ball in that situation was effectively giving the opposition the ball back.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Apparently broke Everton's goal scoring record in one PL season. Is this true?

Sure is true. Most by an Everton player in one season since the competition began in 1992