Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

what people often forget while talking about lukaku is that HE IS STILL ONLY 22.

ofcourse he is going to improve. ofcourse his game would have had a couple of minor flaws but with age, he was always going to be a much better player. selling him made no sense to me at all. but i guess everythin has to take a backseat when we are talking about jose and his ego.

22 and the Special One couldnt see his talent .. think jose is " THE unseeing ONE "

what people often forget while talking about lukaku is that HE IS STILL ONLY 22.

ofcourse he is going to improve. ofcourse his game would have had a couple of minor flaws but with age, he was always going to be a much better player. selling him made no sense to me at all. but i guess everythin has to take a backseat when we are talking about jose and his ego.

Lololololololololololololololololololol

You say the most ridiculous of things to get one over Jose - we get it, you want him out

I much prefer Costa

You say the most ridiculous of things to get one over Jose - we get it, you want him out

I much prefer Costa

but you are unable to see the polished Diamond we had in Lukaku ...not LOLOLOLO but pitiful lack of vision

I much prefer Costa

a 26 year old costa who has pretty much reached his peak compared to a 22 year old lukaku who even right now is as good as costa. but do continue to LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. please continue the delusions.

a 26 year old costa who has pretty much reached his peak compared to a 22 year old lukaku who even right now is as good as costa. but do continue to LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. please continue the delusions.

We don't and didn't have time to wait - unless we wanted to go through last season, when he scored bearly nothing in the league which would have cost us the prem snd probably the cup too and you'd probably be moaning at Jose for that too

And Lukaku is not as good as Costa. You're just believing your own bullshit.

We don't and didn't have time to wait - unless we wanted to go through last season, when he scored bearly nothing in the league which would have cost us the prem snd probably the cup too and you'd probably be moaning at Jose for that too

And Lukaku is not as good as Costa. You're just believing your own bullshit.

10 goals and 5 assists for an everton team which half the time looked like they were on their last breaths is now nothing, hmmm. did not CR want to leave united and SAF gave him some tough love about staying in united. well, thats the difference between the best manager in the world and the self prophisized best manager.

lukaku is not??? really? which aspect of his game exactly?

hmmm sure dude.

Costa led Leti to a title and the Champions League final then came here and lead the line in a walkway title win, two months of average form (where he has still had great games in the midst of it) and all off a sudden Lukaku is as good?

Lukaku may be only 22 but realistically what can he improve on? He's not going to suddenly become a technical genius, his level right now is his ceiling in my opinion, a good PL level goalscorer like Darren Bent and even our very own Remy.

Costa led Leti to a title and the Champions League final then came here and lead the line in a walkway title win, two months of average form (where he has still had great games in the midst of it) and all off a sudden Lukaku is as good?

Lukaku may be only 22 but realistically what can he improve on? He's not going to suddenly become a technical genius, his level right now is his ceiling in my opinion, a good PL level goalscorer like Darren Bent and even our very own Remy.

Positioning, anticipation, finishing, shooting technique, heading. Adding a greater physical presence in terms of moving around, working the channels and work rate to his game. At 22, he's also still growing in terms of physicality. Learning how to be more effective in physical tussles, timing his jumps better, things like that. I doubt Drogba was the physical monster he was at 27 when he was 22. Ibrahimovic certainly wasn't. He made great leaps in the use of his body and in his agility as he aged and reached prime physical shape.

He could also turn into a big game player, who knows?

He's easily better than Bent and Remy imo. He'll never become Ronaldo reincarnated but I don't see why he can't become a Costa or Cavani. Their technique isn't that much superior and he's still refining his technique to, like they did at a younger age. I've already seen clear improvements in his touch and passing, and his ability to play with back to goal as well. Neither do they beat him in terms of physical attributes.

I'm not saying it will happen but there's plenty of room for improvement.

oh come on man!!!!

just 2 years ago someone said he was going to be as good as cameron jerome.

look at lukaku now. each and every aspect of his game has improved. his hold up play IS better than costa. his linkup play which is his biggest flaw is getting better by the game. his goal scoring rate is brilliant. what is he not improving on?

so just cos costa led ATM to CL finals that means lukaku cant be as good. DD led us to the CL glory does that mean a 33 year old DD is better than the current costa. also, exactly which parts of lukaku's game is not as good as costa's?

and to compare him to remy and bent, just WOW.

'Hold up play'

'Link up play'

I hate buzzwords or in this case phrases.

Lukaku is a good player, that can't be disputed. In saying that however, just because he performs for X club does not mean he will perform for Y club. The same applies for every player, there are far too many factors to be taken into consideration. Tactics, ethos, teammates, pressure and games played. I believe for Chelsea and Lukaku; one is a square peg, the other a round hole.

'Hold up play'

'Link up play'

I hate buzzwords or in this case phrases.

Lukaku is a good player, that can't be disputed. In saying that however, just because he performs for X club does not mean he will perform for Y club. The same applies for every player, there are far too many factors to be taken into consideration. Tactics, ethos, teammates, pressure and games played. I believe for Chelsea and Lukaku; one is a square peg, the other a round hole.

The last point I am not sure about. Our play has always been centred on a big, athletic striker who can shield and distribute balls aka the striker lukaku was always going to become. Sure he has always had technical deficiencies. IMO the last 3 seasons he has performed on the same decent level but this season he made a leap. However, neither we nor him would have had the patience to let him develop here. His talent or that he might eventually become the player we need has never been in question not even by Mou. But the last few seasons showed we are reliant on a consistent striker and hence we were in no position to take the time for him to become just that.

Lukaku can't trap a bag of cement......even that would bounce of him.

His hold up play is poor compared to the likes of frontmen similar in stature to him such as Costa.

What he is good at and thrives upon is running onto balls between the lines and on crosses/set pieces finding space between the 2 centre backs.

If only he had the 'balls' to stay at the club he would have ended up getting quite a few matches that first season due to injury problems etc with our players.

Then who knows what would have happened

Had a complete shocker today for Belgium! awful performance! he is proving to be someone who can perform for an average team but cant hack it at a top team, he is starting to look like another Kevin Phillips, Robbie Keane or Les Ferdinand

oh come on man!!!!

just 2 years ago someone said he was going to be as good as cameron jerome.

look at lukaku now. each and every aspect of his game has improved. his hold up play IS better than costa. his linkup play which is his biggest flaw is getting better by the game. his goal scoring rate is brilliant. what is he not improving on?

so just cos costa led ATM to CL finals that means lukaku cant be as good. DD led us to the CL glory does that mean a 33 year old DD is better than the current costa. also, exactly which parts of lukaku's game is not as good as costa's?

and to compare him to remy and bent, just WOW.

Doesn't mean he can't be, but he isn't right now, I don't think he will be but if I'm proved wrong I'll hold my hands up, if we're both still on here in a few years we can come back to this properly, look at say Martial, some people think he can Be as good as Henry, but until he proves it in the same levels Henry did, that will always be an if, same with Lukaku/Costa.

And I say Remy and Bent because they were both promising as youngsters but never really hit the potential people thought they had, Bent was getting linked with all the big clubs after his debut season at Charlton and Remy had lots of hype as a youngster.

Doesn't mean he can't be, but he isn't right now, I don't think he will be but if I'm proved wrong I'll hold my hands up, if we're both still on here in a few years we can come back to this properly, look at say Martial, some people think he can Be as good as Henry, but until he proves it in the same levels Henry did, that will always be an if, same with Lukaku/Costa.

And I say Remy and Bent because they were both promising as youngsters but never really hit the potential people thought they had, Bent was getting linked with all the big clubs after his debut season at Charlton and Remy had lots of hype as a youngster.

which part of lukaku's play is not? goal scoring - he is brilliant. hold up and link up play - he is improving per game and costa's hold up and link up play is average at best.

in the air, lukaku trumps costa. i mean i dont remember the last time i saw costa win a longball or even score from a header. costa's shooting from outside the box is well, non existent.

i am sorry, but lukaku already is as good as costa. dont even know why u r bringing martial/henry comparision here. henry was the best striker at a point of time. costa does not even come close to that. the gap between martial and henry is day and night. the gap between costa and lukaku barely exists.

remy made a terrible career choice joining qpr then loaned to newcastle etc etc. i think the sole reason behind that move being money lukaku took a step down to play first team football. dont think that would be lukaku's fate.

Had a complete shocker today for Belgium! awful performance! he is proving to be someone who can perform for an average team but cant hack it at a top team, he is starting to look like another Kevin Phillips, Robbie Keane or Les Ferdinand

LOL, Costa has played for Spain against very average teams and has not managed to get on the scoresheet on several occasions. Is Costa therefore a player who will not perform on the international stage?? Also Lukaku is 22 and can be leading Belgium's line for years. Any coincidence that Costa did not get included for Spain? You probably will say the manager was annoyed at his antics against Arsenal but it can easily be looked at that he has not been in good form for his country.