Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Not to bring anyone down here ... but i recollect last season when I had mentioned I really wanted to punch Jose and the way you jumped in to defend ... And today hearing you go against just got that flash of memories back (If i sure it was you, apologies in advance if not) :)

yup, that definitely sounds like me. :lol: and i would have done anything to defend jose before today. he certainly has lost a ton of respect that i had for him simply by starting iva today.

yup, that definitely sounds like me. :lol: and i would have done anything to defend jose before today. he certainly has lost a ton of respect that i had for him simply by starting iva today.

good so now with one layer of defene gone, can I still punch him :)

On a serious note, Jose needs to get out of his one dimensional egotistic approach, it is high time ... I always use to quote his statement which he had given way back "To be a top manager, you need to keep evolving season after season" to every one ... I realized it some time back that Jose will never follow what he says ...

He wasn't that bad against City, had a few bad touches, but also had some decent link up moves. There was a great attack in which he jumped to the sky and tried to send a through ball with his head that Kompany intercepted and started counter attack. Considering he is 22 he has done great at Everton anyway already. Still we made a great deal with him, 28m is a lovely amount of money, and he would take some time to break into our team.

Poor touches per game

3 for Lukaku ... touches MD1(47), MD2(45), MD3(48) ... total(140)

3,3 for Costa ... touches MD1(44), MD2(44), MD3(50) ... total(138)

Last season ... poor touch Costa (2,2) should be a lot better as his teammates provide quality service (much higher than he would have received at Everton) ... while Lukaku (1,8) was among the CFs with the least poor touches per game.

Let's look at the one statistic that counts - goals per game - then.

I'm confident that he'll be one of those players that reaches 20 plus league goals in a season (maybe even this one).

fMVptLp.jpg

Balotelli, to some extent Rooney and on other hand Ronaldo prove this list pointless.

Lukaku scored shitload of goals back in belgian league too.

He might or might not become top forward we will see...

But yes he is good striker already, he certainly isnt shit.

32 Premier League goals at the age of 21 isn't bad at all (he has scored 44 now) ... 29 (+ 4 in play-offs) in the Belgian league (would have been a lot more in a less defensive league). He definitely has goals in him ... so far this season: 2 goals (and 1 assist) in 3 matches.

Balotelli, to some extent Rooney and on other hand Ronaldo prove this list pointless.

Seriously, that doesn't make it pointless at all. It just shows you how much of a beast Lukaku already was at 16. Balotelli might be a complete fool, but he took Italy to the EC finals only 3 years ago. Don't get me started on Rooney. He might not have been in top form for the last 2 seasons but he's been one of the top strikers in the PL for the last decade. He scored 170 premier league goals and counting.

Lukaku scored shitload of goals back in belgian league too.

He might or might not become top forward we will see...

Yeah no I'm with Johnny:

Seriously, that doesn't make it pointless at all. It just shows you how much of a beast Lukaku already was at 16. Balotelli might be a complete fool, but he took Italy to the EC finals only 3 years ago. Don't get me started on Rooney. He might not have been in top form for the last 2 seasons but he's been one of the top strikers in the PL for the last decade. He scored 170 premier league goals and counting.

that list won't predict if anyone will ever become a football great, but it does what is says it does (read the title): list football's early birds. So in that aspect it's not pointless. You can't deny Lukaku, Balotelli and Rooney were early birds. Rooney has indeed been more quiet the last two seasons but he used to be a football great.

Man I still remember that one EA Fifa game, can't remember which one, and the opening movieclip had that Rooney goal for Everton that went into the top corner. Commentary in the clip was great as well. I usually skip the fifa clips so I can play a few seconds earlier but man that clip used to give me goosebumps.

But yeah, back on topic, there's no denying Lukaku is an early bird and has already scored a big amount of goals in all leagues or in the premier league alone, for his age. But that doesn't say he will nor does it say he will not become a football great.

EDIT: now I had to go back and look it up. Still a great intro clip (got goosebumps again haha) but apparently Wayne already played for United when he scored the goal I was talking about. I confused that goal with his "Remember the name"-goal, of which I also added a clip for those interested.

Yeah no I'm with Johnny:

that list won't predict if anyone will ever become a football great, but it does what is says it does (read the title): list football's early birds. So in that aspect it's not pointless. You can't deny Lukaku, Balotelli and Rooney were early birds. Rooney has indeed been more quiet the last two seasons but he used to be a football great.

Man I still remember that one EA Fifa game, can't remember which one, and the opening movieclip had that Rooney goal for Everton that went into the top corner. Commentary in the clip was great as well. I usually skip the fifa clips so I can play a few seconds earlier but man that clip used to give me goosebumps.

But yeah, back on topic, there's no denying Lukaku is an early bird and has already scored a big amount of goals in all leagues or in the premier league alone, for his age. But that doesn't say he will nor does it say he will not become a football great.

EDIT: now I had to go back and look it up. Still a great intro clip (got goosebumps again haha) but apparently Wayne already played for United when he scored the goal I was talking about. I confused that goal with his "Remember the name"-goal, of which I also added a clip for those interested.

FIFA was real cool back then. It's so monotonous now.

I'm confident that he'll be one of those players that reaches 20 plus league goals in a season (maybe even this one).

fMVptLp.jpg

If he stays in the PL for his whole career he will definitely break Shearer's PL goalscoring record

If he stays in the PL for his whole career he will definitely break Shearer's PL goalscoring record

How do you figure that? He's got 44 right now. He's 216 short of Shearer. He would need to have just over 21 goals a season for 10 years, until he's 32. That'd be an incredible record of consistency. I dount he does that.

How do you figure that? He's got 44 right now. He's 216 short of Shearer. He would need to have just over 21 goals a season for 10 years, until he's 32. That'd be an incredible record of consistency. I dount he does that.

One does not just break shearer's record.. He'll be among the top epl scorers but no where near shearer

Lukaku is a beast he will break Alan's record with ease.