Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Don't worry, Mourinho will bring in a new striker for sure. I'm betting on Ronaldo (the old one), fits the Mourinho striker profile perfectly in terms of age and fitness!

That's funny.

You should be in a good mood though. Lukaku will be a much happier person now he's realised what level he's capable of playing at. His poor performances at the World Cup probably made him recognise that he's simply not a Champions League calibre player so he's gone somewhere we he won't have to gain try and fail.

Don't worry, Mourinho will bring in a new striker for sure. I'm betting on Ronaldo (the old one), fits the Mourinho striker profile perfectly in terms of age and fitness!

Yes because Mourinho has made some awful purchases hasn't he?

We absolutely have to. And I can't imagine after a season which Mourinho complained about strikers he wouldn't go after another.

Dee, this is Chelsea FC. We always find a way to fuck something perfectly good up and look like absolute clowns, so don't be surprised if we bring in nobody.

No, no, no. There's no way. What would have been the point of spending 16m on a 29 yr left back if you're not going to put yourself in the best possible position to win now? Drogba and Torres as backup? When the current holders have Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic?!

No. It doesn't make sense. A striker will come in.

That would be ideal .... But who though ...?

I really have no idea tbh Sting. The strikers market is really scarce. I thought someone like Origi would've been a very interesting project, but not as 2nd choice.

Can see us bringing in someone like Loic Remy tbh.

Good luck, Romelu! Finally off to a club where you're appreciated. Still hate to see you go though. Hope you prove everyone wrong here and put five or six past us coming season (we'll try to score one more than ;-)) !

About the price: £ 28 Mio seems about right for a 21-year-old who scored 32 goals over two seasons in the PL. Good deal for Everton, good deal for Lukaku and good deal for Chelsea where fans and manager didn't like him.

Was about time the Lukaku topic was closed here :)

I bet you were a Barcelona fan 4 years ago.

Drogba as a third option really isn't that bad. The real problem is Torres.

The problem is not Torres, the problem is Torres at Chelsea. He's been top class everywhere he played except for at The Bridge. Same goes for many other strikers who tried here. So I think main problem is with the way we play, not necessarily the strikers.

Anyway, wasn't Torres heading back to Atletico? Wouldn't surprise me. Get one decent (expensive) back-up for Costa then to replace both Lukaku and Torres and have Drogba as third option.

Just hope Drogba won't make a fool of himself here, not after all he's done for us. Would hate to see his legend go down.

I really have no idea tbh Sting. The strikers market is really scarce. I thought someone like Origi would've been a very interesting project, but not as 2nd choice.

Can see us bringing in someone like Loic Remy tbh.

Remy, Lavezzi......

The problem is not Torres, the problem is Torres at Chelsea. He's been top class everywhere he played except for at The Bridge. Same goes for many other strikers who tried here. So I think main problem is with the way we play, not necessarily the strikers.

Anyway, wasn't Torres heading back to Atletico? Wouldn't surprise me. Get one decent (expensive) back-up for Costa then to replace both Lukaku and Torres and have Drogba as third option.

Just hope Drogba won't make a fool of himself here, not after all he's done for us. Would hate to see his legend go down.

While I have been criticial of our style of play in the past that won't wash as an excuse for Torres. He is rubbish.

Basically we've sold a guy who isn't good enough to be our number 1 striker, put in a transfer request when he actually had to compete for a spot, talks too much and is technically limited.....to a club who aren't a direct rival, for twice what we paid for him.

And people are moaning? :getin:

:worship::worship: