Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Inferior in terms of what though?

The same word could be used for Origi, who benched Lukaku for Belgium.

Torres, ba and eto are better holdup players than lukaku is ....Right now.

Torres is awful. The fact you are even questioning how he is inferior amazes me. Words don't even need to describe how Torres in inferior because he just is. Lukaku is simply better than Lukaku. Torres is not good at anything apart from being a pain in the arse. Even if Torres hold up play is better and I think people go OTT with Lukaku's hold up play anyway, that is the only thing he is on par or better than. Everything else, Lukaku is better.

Ba's hold up play is better but Lukaku has got everything else on him and is improving. Lukaku has more pace, better for counter attacks and is simply a better striker. Ba has qualities but is not suited for a top team over a whole season.

Lukaku needs to work on a few things but he is much better than Torres and Ba for a fact.

Because he saw that he couldnt get a start over an inferior Ba and Torres and then Eto'o arrives. I am sure there was some humour to that anyway but regardless he has not directly said he wants to leave because Costa is here. As I was saying, the most reliable source was that he wanted to fight for his place from Steve Holland. So it is unfair for people to put words in his mouth and say he wants out simply because Costa has arrived.

Actions speak louder than words, he doesn't need to say it directly that he wants to leave if he continues to act like he doesn't want to be at the club anymore and using these subtle hints is whoring himself to anyone that might be interested. Anyway, here's a quote for you:

"You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker. At this stage I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That's very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer, and I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view." - Romelu Lukaku in June 2014

Maybe he has changed his mind in the last few weeks and told Mourinho he wants to stay but those comments and the continuous rumors of his departure tell me another story. What else is Steve Holland going to say than 'we expect him to return when his holiday is over'? Do you honestly think a staff member of the club would go out and openly admit that either the player is desperate to move elsewhere or that the club is looking to sell him and is not even welcoming him back for pre-season? What good would that do in getting the best deal possible for Chelsea if everyone knew that Lukaku staying at the club is not an option? Filipe Luis returned for Atletico's pre-season but everyone knew he had his heart set on a move.

Torres is awful. The fact you are even questioning how he is inferior amazes me. Words don't even need to describe how Torres in inferior because he just is. Lukaku is simply better than Lukaku. Torres is not good at anything apart from being a pain in the arse. Even if Torres hold up play is better and I think people go OTT with Lukaku's hold up play anyway, that is the only thing he is on par or better than. Everything else, Lukaku is better.

Ba's hold up play is better but Lukaku has got everything else on him and is improving. Lukaku has more pace, better for counter attacks and is simply a better striker. Ba has qualities but is not suited for a top team over a whole season.

Lukaku needs to work on a few things but he is much better than Torres and Ba for a fact.

Torres and Ba are both better holdup players, not slightly, but a lot better.

Lukaku for his size and strength plays like he is 5 feet tall and 150lbs. He reminds me of big man in basketball that play like shooting guards.

THe CF role in Chelsea is a different dynamic, than other teams. Tell me how great Lukaku was in the world cup, on a team with better players than everton? Thats right, he was crap.

I've said this for a while, Remy would be a better player (short term) for Chelsea than Lukaku will be this season.

Unfortunately Lukaku asked for a transfer last season so couldn't establish himself. Your refusal to blame anyone accept him is wilful ignorance of the facts we have available.

Lukaku is a good goalscorer, but Costa is better. Drogba is a better target man still at 36, has a better touch than Lukaku and is still better in the air. That is all good for tactical versatility.

Torres is a busted flush, but he's still technically superior to Lukaku. Lukaku is a good goalscorer, but the Premier League is littered with strikers who scored goals for mid-table teams and couldn't make it at top teams. Demba Ba is a case in point.

The people who think this is a mistake simply don't understand who Jose Mourinho is or what he expects from players. God knows what they actually think Mourinho respects in his lads but their lack of ability to understand the manager of the club they say their support is both mind-numbingly strange and hilarious. :D

does it ever cross your mind ,,that you could be wrong

About what?

Does it ever cross your mind to point out where I might be wrong?

At the end of the day I generally trust the board and Jose. Selling Lukaku might've meant something to me 12 months ago, but he's pissed away a lot of the support he had here.

you have kept posting the same shit on here for months .. calling him a coward ,, saying he is a quitter ,,, YOU also have pissed off a lot

of other good members .

you have kept posting the same shit on here for months .. calling him a coward ,, saying he is a quitter ,,, YOU also have pissed off a lot

of other good members .

TBF, I think a ton of people here just post things to make buddies/friends, rather than give honest assessments.

Fing facebook and the "like" generation.

The club/Jose can/will only invest a certain amount of time and effort in a player before cutting losses. If he thinks he's doing us a favour by staying and has an attitude to match ala Sturridge then he can fuck off. It is a shame but it has to be down to him in the end.

I think Costa & Drogba is a step up from Eto'o & Ba so I'm not too worried about striking options. I'd rather Torres go and Lukaku stay but if needs be I'd let both leave and keep Bamford as a third striker. Unfortunately I don't think anyone will take Torres so we're stuck with him. At least he's an option, for the odd day when he doesn't look like an escapee remedial.

Unfortunately Lukaku asked for a transfer last season so couldn't establish himself. Your refusal to blame anyone accept him is wilful ignorance of the facts we have available.

Lukaku is a good goalscorer, but Costa is better. Drogba is a better target man still at 36, has a better touch than Lukaku and is still better in the air. That is all good for tactical versatility.

Torres is a busted flush, but he's still technically superior to Lukaku. Lukaku is a good goalscorer, but the Premier League is littered with strikers who scored goals for mid-table teams and couldn't make it at top teams. Demba Ba is a case in point.

The people who think this is a mistake simply don't understand who Jose Mourinho is or what he expects from players. God knows what they actually think Mourinho respects in his lads but their lack of ability to understand the manager of the club they say their support is both mind-numbingly strange and hilarious. :D

So what is the point of the loan system if our excuse is because they performed at "mid-table teams?" I know Costa is better but was he anyway near the finished article at 21? Of course not and I reckon Lukaku will be as good if not better when he reaches Costa's age. Time will tell. It is funny how Martinez views him as the "complete striker" yet many people think he either one-dimensional or very limited. Before we use Lukaku as a Ba example of people scoring for mid-table teams but not being able to adapt to big teams, how about we give him a full season to prove that. Looks like he won't get that though.

Torres and Ba are both better holdup players, not slightly, but a lot better.

Lukaku for his size and strength plays like he is 5 feet tall and 150lbs. He reminds me of big man in basketball that play like shooting guards.

THe CF role in Chelsea is a different dynamic, than other teams. Tell me how great Lukaku was in the world cup, on a team with better players than everton? Thats right, he was crap.

I've said this for a while, Remy would be a better player (short term) for Chelsea than Lukaku will be this season.

Lukaku's hold up play is not excellent but it is underrated. How pivotal was Lukaku when Everton beat United at OT? His hold up play and all round game was excellent. I like Remy but I would still have Lukaku over him. If the argument is that Lukaku can't perform against teams that defend deep how can we be so sure of Remy? Martinez on Lukaku said: "he has power, pace, really good hold-up play, and on top of that he has an understanding of where to run and play".

A manager who I hold in high regard and who managed Lukaku excellently said this. So while I am not going to disagree with people and say you are chatting crap for saying his hold up play is not that good, I certainly feel you lot are going overboard because I think it is just inconsistent. The way Lukaku was put out on the RW against Arsenal and still put in an excellent display proves to me that with work with top coaches he can adapt to playing against 'ultra defensive' teams and improve his weaknesses.

"Woah, what's happening here?" - Romelu Lukaku a year ago when Chelsea signed a has-been Samuel Eto'o

If that was his reaction when faced with a challenge to compete with Eto'o and Torres for a place, do you honestly think he fancies going up against Costa either? If he goes, it was most certainly by his own request.

I see your angle, I do but let's not pretend that he is being pushed out the exit door. It pisses me of when people call him a coward. I agree he would have got more chances if he stayed last season but he saw a similar situation last season with the signing of Eto'o and his first season. He did not want a repeat. When he moved he said he wanted to come back and fight for his place. I personally reckon he would have been content to fight for his place with Costa but I also reckon it is 2 and 2. If he is looking for a move it is because he knows he is not part of Mourinho's plans which is obvious to me. If he was I am sure Mourinho would not have signed Drogba. This mentor thing was overhyped. Lukaku respects Drogba but he does not need tutoring from him and I don't think signing Drogba necassarily meant he would be persauded to stay, especially when we found out Mourinho's words on Drogba.

But tbh with you, I would rather people reserve the name-calling and assumptions until we hear Mourinho and Lukaku speak officially because I am sure Lukaku ideally would love to be here but his dream is being crushed and is being forced to look elsewhere.