Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The thing that annoys me is that despite his flaws anc communication with the media he is a top young forward and a HG player. I don't think he is a Balotelli type of player where you cannot work with his off the field problems. We could of worked on that. But it just disappoints me that sign him for around £18m. He goes on loan for 2 seasons running while our strikers have not set the world alight and then we sell him. I just find it ridiculous and does not set an example for younger players of breaking through. It basically shows 'I have talent but I will never make it at Chelsea because they will buy someone else as usual'. It is bloody frustrating. I know he did not come through our academy but we bought him at 18 with the sign of being our no.1 forward in the future. He has proved himself in the PL but what do we do sell him?

If he comes back here we could easily manage to stop him communicating to the media. It is not that hard. It is really fickle for fans to believe his potential is limited. I doubt Costa was even scoring that much goals at 21. When Lukaku reaches Costa's age I won't be surprised to see him at a top club.

Sturridge gone, we regretted and now Lukaku has gone... time will tell. Regardless of whether Costa does the business, we had a top young, HG talent who could have been a huge bonus for us for the upcoming seasons but like I said the arrival of a 36 year old Drogba pushes Lukaku to the exit door. Just don't get the reasoning behind this.

It is frustrating but that's unfortunately what happens here, not just that, but we really don't know the full story and what has been said in communications between all parties in this. If relations between Jose and Lukaku have gone like some people say then there isn't any coming back from that and as it stands we have four strikers with one being a complete and utter dud, we all know who that is, and in the cold light of day we would all fuck him off right now but there is a small thing of contracts to run down plus astronomical wages meaning only an idiot would take him on.

We made a mistake with Sturridge and we could possibly do the same with Lukaku, only time will tell. But I'm not one to point the finger at the board because I am a firm believer that they deserve more credit than criticism over the years because Emanalo and Co have made some genius buys and also the sales of some players. As fans we can be annoyed and display our frustration to suit, but we must trust the owner and board that whilst we think it's a mistake that new boys like Costa will fit such a gap that he won't be missed and that Lukaku goes on to be happy and enjoys his football, and together, all parties move on.

Like so many names, one who was never given a proper chance despite a big investment. Real shame!

You don't mean 'given a proper chance', you mean 'handed the first-team shirt on a plate despite proving nothing'.

He was given chances. That's a fact. He asked to leave.

You don't mean 'given a proper chance', you mean 'handed the first-team shirt on a plate despite proving nothing'.

Well yes he was given chances but imo he should have started at least one of those first 4 games. Especially considering the two other strikers we had at the time and none of them actually scored. But by a proper chance I mean letting him come back this season and shwoing that if you impress out on loan you have a chance of making it here. So when the likes of Chalobah, Kalas go on loan what sort of optimism will they have when they see what happened with the likes of Lukaku?

Well yes he was given chances but imo he should have started at least one of those first 4 games. Especially considering the two other strikers we had at the time and none of them actually scored. But by a proper chance I mean letting him come back this season and shwoing that if you impress out on loan you have a chance of making it here. So when the likes of Chalobah, Kalas go on loan what sort of optimism will they have when they see what happened with the likes of Lukaku?

He got increasing amounts of time against Hull and Villa, but he was unlucky in that against United we didn't use a striker. We simply didn't know that United were as shit as they were that early in the season.

Then against Bayern he got another chance. He would've got more, but bear in mind it took until October for Azpilicueta to amass equivalent minutes on the pitch but he didn't ask for a move (despite the competition in the World and European Champions squad for a spot) and took his chances when they came.

That's why Azpi is loved by the fans and Jose, and Lukaku increasingly isn't.

Skysources say he is moving closer to a permanent move to Everton. We won't realise how much we miss something till it's gone. Got a feeling this will be the same with Lukaku in a few years. I wish him good luck with his new chapter. Like so many names, one who was never given a proper chance despite a big investment. Real shame!

We miss? He never played for us.

Skysources say he is moving closer to a permanent move to Everton. We won't realise how much we miss something till it's gone. Got a feeling this will be the same with Lukaku in a few years. I wish him good luck with his new chapter. Like so many names, one who was never given a proper chance despite a big investment. Real shame!

Romelu Lukaku is set to return to Chelsea for pre-season and fight for a first-team place, according to Sky sources.

sky sport reported this few days ago, still don't believe

£25 million is great tbh, He's very limited and for that reason i don't see him ever being a WC player, he's way too raw. I wanted him to be our second striker because he's better than Torres and Drogba and he still scores goals but if we sell him and bring in a technical striker who suits our system than i'll be very happy.

Mourinho apparently wants Torres out as well so i can only assume we want another striker. As i said before, if we don't buy another striker and keep Torres than i'll be pissed, we simply cannot go into a season with Costa, Torres and Drogba, i just cant believe our board and Jose would allow it.

He got increasing amounts of time against Hull and Villa, but he was unlucky in that against United we didn't use a striker. We simply didn't know that United were as shit as they were that early in the season.

Then against Bayern he got another chance. He would've got more, but bear in mind it took until October for Azpilicueta to amass equivalent minutes on the pitch but he didn't ask for a move (despite the competition in the World and European Champions squad for a spot) and took his chances when they came.

That's why Azpi is loved by the fans and Jose, and Lukaku increasingly isn't.

But tbh the general consensus this point last season was that Lukaku would lead the line against Hull. Even the likes of Cundy and fellow CFC tv pundits thought the same too because he was the most in form striker albeit at WBA but the other strikers had not exactly set the world alight. I was surprised to not see him start against Hull but because it was the first game I took it with a pinch of salt. When we had Villa I thought he would definitely start but Ba did and the next 2 games while he was given chances he did not start. Then Eto'o comes. I am not arguing with you that he was not given a chance last season as I believe he would have been given more due to the inconsistencies of the other strikers but due to not starting one of 4 games before Eto'o came in, surely Mourinho and fans can forgive him for that. He had such a dissapointing first season under AVB so it is understandable that he panicked and did not want to waste another season. I really empathise with him.

But what I appreciate Lukaku for is for 1) owning up that he asked for the move but 2) saying he wants to come back here and fight for his place. So now I want him to be given a proper chance here by Mourinho keeping him here for a season because we know what he is capable of. I would feel so much better if we have a game where Costa might look out of place a bit and you got a guy like Lukaku coming on to wreak havoc. I can't bare to see Torres again and while I hope Drogba has still got it in him, I just feel it is better for the long term to have Lukaku and sets out a good example for other loanees.

No, he doesn't mean that... He probably meant 'given about 1/10th of chances Torres keeps on getting' ... that should be enough to prove himself ;)

Nah, given chances...sorry, but no: that's not true. How many competitive minutes did he play in the Chelsea shirt? Not many...

It's another story about his request to leave: he probably would have gotten chances, but he didn't wait for them.

Could you hold that against him? I don't.

The only thing i do hold against him is his communication.

We miss? He never played for us.

Wrong. He did play for us. In his first season he was kept in the reserves but made the odd prem appeance and few cup games and started 1 game at the end of that season. He made sub apperances this season. Also by miss I mean regret like same way United miss/regret Pogba. A player they had in their own hands but ultimately left and has become one of the best CM in the world. They regret losing him. Think it could be the same with Lukaku. I think we will and without having a dig at the club I hope we do regret it as I want him to achieve at his next club and show what he is capable of.