Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I'm not worried, the success of this season isn't tied to Romelu Lukaku. We just bought the most clinical striker in europe and the 4th highest goal scorer overall. We came off a season where a couple of HIGHLY questionable decisions didn't go our way and in the end we lost out on the title by 4pts(first season back under the boss, players getting used to his philosophy) not to mention we went to the semis of the champions league one home win away from the finals with a plethora of important injuries to compensate for.

Lukaku wants to be the main man and in the squad we've assembled its clear he's not close to that level. If he would rather go play for a second rate team and not push himself against the best, (and by not signing an extension that is an indication that this is likely the scenario) then he's already proven to me long before he's stepped onto the pitch that he's not proper Chels. The board have done a fantastic job turning wantaways(Mata, DeBruyne) into gold and I trust they have targets in mind should Romelu go. The key here for me is he has two yrs left on his deal so its imperative we lock him down this summer or risk not getting true value on the dollar. Haven't heard a whisper about an extension and all the talk from Lukaku is he wants to go elsewhere...

Whether he stays and learns from one of the best or he goes is not my concern because the success of this club doesn't hinge on him being in the squad. We were missing goals last year and addressed that in a major way with Costa. Drogba coming back gives us an added dimension we also didn't have even if only 20mins left in the game. We also strengthened in other areas and will have Matic from the start of the season along side Fab... Honestly guys if Lukaku doesn't see himself fighting for his place and the badge don't let the door hit you on the way out. My concern is we get a decent price for him and reinvest it into the development of our squad.

:lol:

We were debating this the other day. He spent 3 seasons with utd but less than 36 months. The rule is not clear (at least to me) on that, so I don't know. Very similar case to Lukaku (except Lukaku would still count as U21 this season).

I'm sure we'll find a crack to creep through. He just turned 21 in March isn't u-21 applicable to anyone under the age of 21 before the turn of the calendar? Not sure. Anyway something tho think about! ;-)

no that sounds like you perhaps. I can tell you I genuinely won't be. Just like sturridge. Ship, sailed, couldn't give a monkeys

LOL and like Sturridge proved we could have kept him but wasted our time on fucking ..... Fernando Torres. You might not care but Sturridge could have been a genuine, English talent here. He still got into double figures for us whilst playing majority of games out of position but guess what we sold him and look how good he has proved to be. Almost scored more goals than all our strikers put together last season. It just does not send a good message if we buy top talent then ship them on. We have loaned him out for 2 successive seasons. He has scored so when you say what has he done to show he wants to succeed? He has scored goals ffs and reached double figures. We would benefit from him being here but how it feels to me is that he is being pushed out. Holland had to speak about Lukaku returning, not Mourinho. Mourinho clearly is the one who is edging him out, not Lukaku because like I said the way Mourinho came out and complimented Drogba at 36 as still being "one of the best strikers in Europe" says it all.

Has there been any vote of confidence in Lukaku from Mourinho? Never. I know which stance I take here. He wants to play and prove himself but once again he gets kicked in the teeth.

I am just hoping the rumous of him leaving are rubbish. Holland said last week that he will return to pre-season and then after a decision will be made. I would rather Costa, Lukaku and Torres than Costa, Drogba and Torres. Drogba will be gone next season and if Lukaku goes we will definitely splash out money for a new striker.

I'm sure we'll find a crack to creep through. He just turned 21 in March isn't u-21 applicable to anyone under the age of 21 before the turn of the calendar? Not sure. Anyway something tho think about! ;-)

March? Then he'd count as U21 for this season as well.

LOL and like Sturridge proved we could have kept him but wasted our time on fucking ..... Fernando Torres. You might not care but Sturridge could have been a genuine, English talent here. He still got into double figures for us whilst playing majority of games out of position but guess what we sold him and look how good he has proved to be. Almost scored more goals than all our strikers put together last season. It just does not send a good message if we buy top talent then ship them on. We have loaned him out for 2 successive seasons. He has scored so when you say what has he done to show he wants to succeed? He has scored goals ffs and reached double figures. We would benefit from him being here but how it feels to me is that he is being pushed out. Holland had to speak about Lukaku returning, not Mourinho. Mourinho clearly is the one who is edging him out, not Lukaku because like I said the way Mourinho came out and complimented Drogba at 36 as still being "one of the best strikers in Europe" says it all.

Has there been any vote of confidence in Lukaku from Mourinho? Never. I know which stance I take here. He wants to play and prove himself but once again he gets kicked in the teeth.

I am just hoping the rumous of him leaving are rubbish. Holland said last week that he will return to pre-season and then after a decision will be made. I would rather Costa, Lukaku and Torres than Costa, Drogba and Torres. Drogba will be gone next season and if Lukaku goes we will definitely splash out money for a new striker.

We sold Sturridge because he wanted to leave and didn't want to sign an extension, he was in the final year of a contract and we were fortunate to get as much as we did for him. I didn't want to see him go thought he had bags of potential the season he was given his chance he got injured and couldn't feature... We went into that season with only he and Torres so surely chances were going to come. He opted to leave on account of what happened the season before where AVB took a hard stance and told him he was going to play the wing for him.

We sold Sturridge because he wanted to leave and didn't want to sign an extension, he was in the final year of a contract and we were fortunate to get as much as we did for him. I didn't want to see him go thought he had bags of potential the season he was given his chance he got injured and couldn't feature... We went into that season with only he and Torres so surely chances were going to come. He opted to leave on account of what happened the season before where AVB took a hard stance and told him he was going to play the wing for him.

The worse thing with Sturridge is that everyone knew he was going to succeed elsewhere. It was not a surprise to no one. But he should of had more chances to start up front. I cannot blame him. The thing that annoys me is that I know if we let Lukaku go he will score bagful of goals elsewhere and it will once again beg the question as to why he was let go. But even with Sturridge not willing to sign an extension, we surely don't want another situation where we let a player with loads of potential leave when he is ours.

It was indicated that he did not want to join Everton as he wants to fight for a first team place here. Holland almost confirmed that. If he is assured by Mourinho that he will get his chance he will stay, it is as simply as that. You would have thought after last season it was a no-brainer for him to remain herr but same situation arises again and it is bloody frustrating. He has got 2 years but I would rather the board just make sure he stays here this season and Lukaku will see for himself how he feels this season goes. If he is happy and proves himself he will sign a contract extension imo.

like I said, I don't care! He moved on, plays for the dippers now...its done! I never think what could have been. And we weren't really ever gonna just bin Shirley after paying 50 mill for him for a young lad who cost a fraction now were we?

why are people even linking one thing to the other (Drogba arrival and Lukaku's potential departure)?

There has been rumors about Lukaku leaving since the window opened. He himself talked about it and that was before the rumors about DD even started, let alone turned to be true.

Who said the board and/or Mourinho is behind his transfer if it happens? Mourinho has been clear last season that when a player puts in a request to leave, they won't deny it. I'm not saying this is Lukaku's idea instead of ours, but it's a bit premature to assume this is board and Mourinho business before 1) it actually happens; 2) if it actually happens someone - or maybe even everyone involved - talks.

Remember last season when he was loaned to Everton and everyone was badmouthing Mourinho and then when he said Lukaku asked the move a lot of you still didn't believe Mourinho was telling the truth (as if it was possible for him to lie about something like that) then a couple of weeks goes by, Mourinho through a press conference tells Lukaku that he talks a lot, but he hasn't talked about the only thing that he should and then Lukaku himself admitted he asked to go?

How do you think people looked after the whole ordeal was clear? Willing to look like that again?

Let's wait and see what happens and if he indeed leaves, let's see who's responsible for that before we call Mourinho and the board all names. I really doubt Mourinho brought Drogba here to be the player that will have 20-30 minutes every match - as he admitted that the striker position is one they always substitute (true to almost every football team in the world).

If we go into the the season with Costa,Drogba and Torres as our strikeforce then I'll literally pulls my hairs out of anger and frustration. We'd be one injury away from having to rely on a past it Drogba and some blonde imposter which is gonna be an unmitigated disaster.Not to mention Lukaku is homegrown and as we already are quite short of HG players, letting go of a useful one wont be the wisest move Jose has ever made.

The worse thing with Sturridge is that everyone knew he was going to succeed elsewhere. It was not a surprise to no one. But he should of had more chances to start up front. I cannot blame him. The thing that annoys me is that I know if we let Lukaku go he will score bagful of goals elsewhere and it will once again beg the question as to why he was let go. But even with Sturridge not willing to sign an extension, we surely don't want another situation where we let a player with loads of potential leave when he is ours.

It was indicated that he did not want to join Everton as he wants to fight for a first team place here. Holland almost confirmed that. If he is assured by Mourinho that he will get his chance he will stay, it is as simply as that. You would have thought after last season it was a no-brainer for him to remain herr but same situation arises again and it is bloody frustrating. He has got 2 years but I would rather the board just make sure he stays here this season and Lukaku will see for himself how he feels this season goes. If he is happy and proves himself he will sign a contract extension imo.

He will score a bagful of goals for a second rate team. Also, we'll only be crying over Lukaku if Costa fails and whoever we buy to replace Lukaku ends up being not as good. I only want players who WANT to be here and fight for the badge, if Lukaku would rather ply his trade elsewhere, so be it... We will find a suitable replacement and still win the league. The success or lack thereof of this club is not tied to Lukaku, we have the ability to attract the best players in the world so if he goes out another will come in at some point.

If he doesn't sign an extension there is no proof he is willing to stay here and fight for a place.

He will score a bagful of goals for a second rate team. Also, we'll only be crying over Lukaku if Costa fails and whoever we buy to replace Lukaku ends up being not as good. I only want players who WANT to be here and fight for the badge, if Lukaku would rather ply his trade elsewhere, so be it... We will find a suitable replacement and still win the league. The success or lack thereof of this club is not tied to Lukaku, we have the ability to attract the best players in the world so if he goes out another will come in at some point.

If he doesn't sign an extension there is no proof he is willing to stay here and fight for a place.

Who said Lukaku is not willing to fight for his place? That is rubbish imo. It is good having Costa but it is also ideal having impact players like Lukaku who can also start cup games and start some league games. I would rather that than have Drogba in his place. I appreicate everything Didier has done here but he is not the future and Lukaku is. That is why i would prefer Lukaku here. As I said I reckon Mourinho just is not ready to give Lukaku a proper chance. Lukaku wants to stay but it looks like he won't be guaranteed 2nd choice striker let alone first.

If we sell him that is proof that Mourinho was not ready to give him a proper chance. Especially when it was said he wants to fight for his place but Mourinho goes and buys a 36 year old Drogba. And imo that is either forcing one of Torres or Lukaku out. If Torres stays and Lukaku stays that says it all. Needs no explanation.

Costa and Lukaku would be perfect for next season. I'm just not sure Mourinho views it the same way.

Who said Lukaku is not willing to fight for his place? That is rubbish imo. It is good having Costa but it is also ideal having impact players like Lukaku who can also start cup games and start some league games. I would rather that than have Drogba in his place. I appreicate everything Didier has done here but he is not the future and Lukaku is. That is why i would prefer Lukaku here. As I said I reckon Mourinho just is not ready to give Lukaku a proper chance. Lukaku wants to stay but it looks like he won't be guaranteed 2nd choice striker let alone first.

If we sell him that is proof that Mourinho was not ready to give him a proper chance. Especially when it was said he wants to fight for his place but Mourinho goes and buys a 36 year old Drogba. And imo that is either forcing one of Torres or Lukaku out. If Torres stays and Lukaku stays that says it all. Needs no explanation.

Costa and Lukaku would be perfect for next season. I'm just not sure Mourinho views it the same way.

You think its Jose I think its Lukaku... Stalemate reached.

Nothing in life should be guaranteed you need to fight for your position, if Lukaku is unwilling to fight with a terrible Torres and a 36yr old Drogba for second fiddle then I don't want him at the club anyway. Need to have more self belief than that.