Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Costa, Torres and Drogba... seriously? my only hope is that we sell both Lukaku and Torres and then bring in a top striker.

If we don't bring in another striker and keep Torres than our board and Jose have had a shocker as far as i'm concerned. Drogba is clearly past his best, yes if we're chasing a lead throw him on and obviously in cup games he can play but i highly doubt he'll start many PL/CL games. I thought and still expect him to be more of a coach.

I don't even want to talk about Torres, he's garbage. Costa is our only great striker right now but what if he needs time to adapt or gets injured? I refuse to believe this, but if we sell Lukaku we have to sign a decent replacement.

Costa, Torres and Drogba... seriously? my only hope is that we sell both Lukaku and Torres and then bring in a top striker.

If we don't bring in another striker and keep Torres than our board and Jose has had a shocker as far as i'm concerned. Drogba is clearly past his best, yes if we're chasing a lead throw him on and obviously in cup games he can play but i highly doubt he'll start many PL/CL games. I thought and still expect him to be more of a coach.

I don't even want to talk about Torres, he's garbage. Costa is our only great striker right now but what if he needs time to adapt or gets injured? I refuse to believe this, but if we sell Lukaku we have to sign a decent replacement.

I don't know why people are so adamant in the stance that Chelsea chose Drogba over Lukaku? Lukaku has 2yrs left on his deal and long before anyone even mentioned Drogba was hinting to leaving the club. If he doesn't sign an extension this summer he's forced our hand, we can't go into the last year of a deal without having an extension signed. Having said that Jose and the board aren't idiots if Lukaku goes out someone will almost assuredly come in, it may not be in this window but no doubt at some point.

What's the rush?

I was afraid of this. Because it is clear that one of Romelu and Fernando has to move on and I was afraid it will be Romelu.

Even worse, if true, this means that we still have to let 2 other players go which would probably leave us a bit thin in some area.

Either José still thinks Drogba is WAY better than he currently is or another forward will surely be brought in. I can't imagine what a blow it would be if Costa got injured very early on and we're back to having the worst strike force of any top European team again.

Maybe another combo forward like Schürrle who can fill in at multiple positions? Griezmann?

I'm in agreement with many here that starting the season with Costa, Drogba, and Torres is potentially suicidal. Costa, Lukaku, Drogba I'd be delighted with but not the former three.

Don't think he's as shit hot as people make out. If he goes I ain't bothered in the slightest, his mouth is bigger than his will to succeed. If he goes someone will come in I assume

Sorry but this is bullshit, his mouth is bigger than he is yep but than his will to succeed????

This is a guy that does everything to succeed dude

Don't think he's as shit hot as people make out. If he goes I ain't bothered in the slightest, his mouth is bigger than his will to succeed. If he goes someone will come in I assume

You will be bothered in a few years when many of the top strikers of now enter their 30s and he is scoring goals for fun and proving himself as one of the best strikers around. Only time will sell but it is amazing how many fickle fans there are. Judging a 21 year old striker as the finished article. Amazing really. Patience is not there for some people.

I was afraid of this. Because it is clear that one of Romelu and Fernando has to move on and I was afraid it will be Romelu.

Even worse, if true, this means that we still have to let 2 other players go which would probably leave us a bit thin in some area.

Isn't Pogba HG? hahaha!

Isn't Pogba HG? hahaha!

:lol:

We were debating this the other day. He spent 3 seasons with utd but less than 36 months. The rule is not clear (at least to me) on that, so I don't know. Very similar case to Lukaku (except Lukaku would still count as U21 this season).

Sorry but this is bullshit, his mouth is bigger than he is yep but than his will to succeed????

This is a guy that does everything to succeed dude

don't understand how he's done everything to succeed? I mean azpilicueta was benched at the beginning of the season, dug in and made himself irreplaceable in the team. That's doing everything. Lukaku has done nout but moan

You will be bothered in a few years when many of the top strikers of now enter their 30s and he is scoring goals for fun and proving himself as one of the best strikers around. Only time will sell but it is amazing how many fickle fans there are. Judging a 21 year old striker as the finished article. Amazing really. Patience is not there for some people.

no that sounds like you perhaps. I can tell you I genuinely won't be. Just like sturridge. Ship, sailed, couldn't give a monkeys. As far as being fickle I don't know why that is, I mean I've never really fancied him as much as some so it's hardly fickle to continue to be less than blown away by him and he's not being judged as the "finished article" at 21,how could he be but it is my opinion that he won't become what he and others think he is