Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Why does everyone always use Torres as a moot point with everything these days? Just like Diego Costa, it's a completely different situation... You seriously can't ignore his Arsenal performances because of what happened to Torres.

There are clear reasons why Torres has lost it and that's more due to the fact that his body has basically given up on him. Can you say the same about Fabregas? Has Fabregas been that rubbish at Barcelona? Even if he hasn't been as good as his Arsenal days there are reasons that draw no comparisons with the Torres situation. There's the fact that he isn't the main man there (everything goes through Messi), the fact that he doesn't even fit their system (he's naturally a lot more direct than what Barcelona allow him to do - the system restricts his natural instincts), and the fact that he isn't even the midfield regulator at Barcelona; that's Xavi - I personally think that that's his best role but not in a tiki taka system - in a more direct, faster paced system is where he belongs... Regardless of all of this, he still statistically pulls out great numbers.

You bring up the Torres analogy (which is very misguided IMO with all due respects), I'll bring you the Zlatan at Barcelona analogy, the Sneijder and Robben analogy (when they were at Real and weren't being used correctly), the Sanchez analogy (much better at Udinese and for Chile where he plays in a system that fully suits his strengths)... You're worrying way too much. I personally am very confident that he's going to be a great player for us. He's coming back to a more natural environment, he'll play in my opinion in a system that suits more to his strengths...

Good times ahead in my opinion.

good point.

I will add one more difference: Torres was overplayed at pool while Fabregas has been underplayed by Barcelona. So, he might actually be quite fresh and a more rounded player at that. Just wait and see.

good point.

I will add one more difference: Torres was overplayed at pool while Fabregas has been underplayed by Barcelona. So, he might actually be quite fresh and a more rounded player at that. Just wait and see.

?

2013-14 : 3748 minutes

2012-13 : 3240

2011-13: 3315

how is this underplayed?

Romelu Lukaku to reportedly join Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan

Nothing exactly new there but apparently, we have agreed to send Lukaku on loan to Atletico Madrid and an announcement will be made after the World Cup..

Sounds like a really ridiculous thing to do. This season, Jose HAS to win either the league or the champions league. You will think we'll need all of our possible weapons available. Okay, Lukaku might have asked to be loaned (who really knows now?) but it isn't his prerogative to ask for loans every time and for us to grant them to him. I hope we at least have the common sense to include a "call-back" clause this time.

Anything less than a Mandzukic level striker alternative to Costa is not enough to compete with Man City's firepower. Or even Man Utd's with van Gaal there. Aguero won't get hurt as many times as he did last season. I hope we have that player at least decided on. And NO, Emenike is not a suitable alternative to Costa. Not good enough.

And what's up with Lukaku? Is he ready to fight for a place or has he chickened out again? We might as well sell him instead of loaning again and again if that's the case. If he thinks he has no chance of getting good minutes (which is bull), why should he think he will get good mins after this proposed move to Atletico? He seems to care about himself and himself only and that too from a player who supposedly "loves" Chelsea and is a fan of the club.

Is 'El Confidencial' any good?

The link says they want Lukaku to sweeten the Luis deal - which sounds bollocks to me. They've already signed Luis' replacement and we've already paid Costa's buyout, which means Lukaku's not a sweetener for Costa either. The link also says Atletico are waiting for Courtois, but Mourinho himself confirmed to MARCA that Courtois will be with us this season.

Romelu Lukaku to reportedly join Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan

Nothing exactly new there but apparently, we have agreed to send Lukaku on loan to Atletico Madrid and an announcement will be made after the World Cup..

Ow well, they make great strikers. We could really benefit from that tbh. I think this would be a good loan option actually.

It still stings Torres will keep being around another season though.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 26m

Lukaku will join #Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan, with the official announcement coming after the World Cup. #CFC (El Confidencial)

Could do good for him. Simeone is a good coach and in Spain he could develop his technique as it is more important than physics there.

Could be a disaster if he's loaned out without us getting a suitable Costa backup. What if he gets injured in preseason or within a couple of PL matches? Then we're back to having useless players up top.

Agree completely with MrExcalibur that Eminike isn't Chelsea quality even as a backup. If Lukaku goes than a Mandzukic level striker needs to be brought in.

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 26m

Lukaku will join #Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan, with the official announcement coming after the World Cup. #CFC (El Confidencial)

Could do good for him. Simeone is a good coach and in Spain he could develop his technique as it is more important than physics there.

Is he going over there without signing an extension to his contract?

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 26m

He would score a shitload of goals there. There are so many garbage teams in LaLiga.

But fabregas is even worse then kdb and mata in defending and he just bought him.....

Cesc Fabregas played in one of the best teams pressing the oponent team in the history of football - Guardiola's Barcelona. And did it well.

ANd Cesc is a lot better than KdB and Mata as a football player.

Cesc Fabregas played in one of the best teams pressing the oponent team in the history of football - Guardiola's Barcelona. And did it well.

ANd Cesc is a lot better than KdB and Mata as a football player.

Not according to Barcelona fans.

He's slow, and lazy in defending.

i have a lot of friends that are barca fans and they said the same thing....

However, cesc is not good in defending and rather slow, but i think he is still better than mata and kdb by a landslide

Based on the last 2 seasons where everyone is lazy and slow. THey can't say bad things about Messi, Xavi and Inista (about Iniesta they can't have something to say because he always played well but the other 2...). They thought they were like Real Madrid in the 50's and 3 years latter they are a joke of a team. They need to blame some players like Alexis, Pique, Dani Alves or Cesc.

But for example the last year of Guardiola there, Barcelona just won the cup against Mourinho, but the team still had that amazing pressing and Fabregas did it as well as others.

FOr example according to anyone that saw KdB playing for Chelsea he is not only lazy but he is also a really limited football player that did nothing in the games he played.

So we would start the season with (assuming no further transfers)

- Costa

- Torres

- BA

Yeah could do with shipping out Torres/BA and bringing a better player... I would take Remy or Bony - think they both offer an upgrade on what we have..

Or my dream - promote Bamford and see him become a Worldie! ;)