Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Yeah, you're forgetting the fact that no one except Wilmots knew who Origi was a month ago, and that he wouldn't even have joined the squad if Benteke wasn't injured.

People and their fast conclusions, they annoy me. ;-)

In fact it was Gert Verheyen who told Wilmots to take Origi as a replacement for Benteke. Wilmots didn't really know the kid :ph34r:.

I know. ;-)

But still, he wouldn't be there if Benteke was fit. Lukaku would have always been the second striker.

Ofcourse, but I was just the annoying person getting all the facts straight ;).

Conclusion: Sack Wilmots :ph34r:

Yeah, you're forgetting the fact that no one except Wilmots knew who Origi was a month ago, and that he wouldn't even have joined the squad if Benteke wasn't injured.

People and their fast conclusions, they annoy me. ;-)

Well suck it up princess! :dance:

Fact:

• he has a tough WC so far (like the whole national team)
  • if he scores a hattrick against South Korea... 4 pages of "He's the man!!"/"got to be our first striker" & "fuck Torres, get Lukaku back" will be all over here!

Forums... aren't they a great read :)

Surprised how shit he was... He played as a Lamp post and didn't make any run. Belgium played much better without him in those 2 games.

But he still found a way to moan when Wilmots sent him off

Origi is already twice the player he is. He should start the next game, it's a no brainer

Maybe lukaku is the new mpenza for the belgium.

Lol at all the hate, I understand where it's coming from but still fucking funny.

He's rather average apart from his goals, most 21 yo's are though and I hope he becomes the complete striker he wants to be wherever he goes.

Fact:

• he has a tough WC so far (like the whole national team)
  • if he scores a hattrick against South Korea... 4 pages of "He's the man!!"/"got to be our first striker" & "fuck Torres, get Lukaku back" will be all over here!

Forums... aren't they a great read :)

Trust me. If he scores a quadtrick against SK, there wont be any of those words mentioned on this thread (except ...) :lol:

There is a difference between wanting to become the complete striker and thinking you already are when you really aren't.

I actually want Romelu to stay but the guy thinks he's got the right to be a number one striker at a top club like CFC, and that is delusion because he isn't already one of the best in the world unlike someone like Courtois. He needs to humble himself and accept that he still has a lot to learn. There's a massive difference between being the top dog at WBA or Everton and being the top dog at CFC.

Look I'm not gonna try and defend his attitude in the media because it's frankly embarrasing, but I'm sure in reality he knows he isn't good enough yet to be first striker at a top club. The difference between him and other young players is that he runs his mouth. A 21 year old is bound to say naive and stupid crap, what's astonishing to me is that noone seems to care to stop him.

Ofcourse fans take things personally and expectedly (and maybe deservedly) he gets mocked for playing 2 bad games.

People are laughing at his poor technique at the minute, but then you think about his age and what he's achieved and I can't help but wondering where he'll end up and perhaps become a very good striker. I just don't think it will be here. He's lost the fans already and has barely played a game for us :)

Simple fact is that Lukaku is what we hoped he would be, a progressing young striker. What we didn't hope for and what we got was a loud mouth arrogant young player that thinks he is an elite level champions league winner 30-goal a season player that should be first choice.

Sigh.

I've seen both Belgium games and Lukaku looks disinterested half the time.

The kid has talent, no question about it...but without hard work and competition, he won't live up to his potential

I'm one of Lukaku's biggest supporters but I can understand why Mourinho may choose to sell him in this transfer window...

Simple fact is that Lukaku is what we hoped he would be, a progressing young striker. What we didn't hope for and what we got was a loud mouth arrogant young player that thinks he is an elite level champions league winner 30-goal a season player that should be first choice.

Sigh.

I agree, but I'm not sure about the bolded part. I hope he progresses and grows as a player, but can we afford to wait until he does(if he does at all)? We need a WC striker and, ideally, another reliable, good striker who can score if the WC striker gets injured. I'm not at all sure he'll sit on the bench quietly and be happy to be a sub. Maybe it's better(for both parties) to sell him.