Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He does score quite a lot, but his general play is not good enough and I dont tip him to make it here as number 1.

He should be a very good 2nd option though, he's still young and he should accept such an option.

It's crazy just how much better Origi looks.

Haven't seen much of this Origi kid at all but he does seem a lot more technically astute (not that hard I know but still) than Romelu.

He's a much better fit for Belgium against defensive teams.

Haven't seen much of this Origi kid at all but he does seem a lot more technically astute (not that hard I know but still) than Romelu.

He's a much better fit for Belgium against defensive teams.

He is also insanely fast. There was one moment against Algeria he blew away a defender who had a good few yards head start.

Lukaku's fast for a big man but he's not particularly quick in general terms.

Over the course of the last season I've come to the conclusion Lukaku just isn't good enough to be a leading striker here and at best would be a squad player.

He's really starting to annoy me, I mean speaking to the media every 5 minutes was irritating but his attitude stinks, does he really think he is the 'complete striker'? Not even fucking close, first touch of a donkey, no hold up play ( Fellaini puts him to shame in that regard), he also gets dispossessed far too easily... I still think he's good at what he does, score goals but honestly, £30 million any he can go.

Lukaku is very much a poacher in a prototypical target man's body. Without proper service, he's basically useless because he's technically poor. For the right club, he'll continue to be useful, but he needs to improve a lot if he wants to play consistently for a big club. At the moment I think he'll follow Darren Bent's career path. Good PL striker but not more than that.

Lousy attitude. Talks too much and probably pissed off his teammates. In the two matches, they seemed to play better when he's out of the line up. The Origi guy is a much better player.

Let's not jump to such conclusions. Origi is not better than Lukaku. He has been a better fit for Belgium so far and has got involved more and been a better impact player. Is he better than Lukaku? No he is not. 2 poor games does not make him a poor footballer. But he definitely needs to improve his attitude on and off the pitch. But like Willmots said, he was frustrated. I don't read too much into that reaction. If he simply walked of and sat down I and possibly others would be thinking he is not passionate about playing football. Different interpretations tbh. Aguero has had 2 poor games but that does not mean if Palacio goes and scores 2 goals he is a better player.

But hopefully this justified criticism spurs him on. He is still in a learning process but like Origi has been used for Belgium so far, that is Lukaku's best fit for us. Costa the main striker and Lukaku as an impact player. Think it would work wonders.

Surprised how shit he was... He played as a Lamp post and didn't make any run. Belgium played much better without him in those 2 games.

But he still found a way to moan when Wilmots sent him off

Origi is already twice the player he is. He should start the next game, it's a no brainer

Surprised how shit he was... He played as a Lamp post and didn't make any run. Belgium played much better without him in those 2 games.

But he still found a way to moan when Wilmots sent him off

Origi is already twice the player he is. He should start the next game, it's a no brainer

I agree Belgium play better with Origi. But he's not "twice the player""Anyone Lukaku is.

Let's not jump to such conclusions. Origi is not better than Lukaku. He has been a better fit for Belgium so far and has got involved more and been a better impact player. Is he better than Lukaku? No he is not. 2 poor games does not make him a poor footballer. But he definitely needs to improve his attitude on and off the pitch. But like Willmots said, he was frustrated. I don't read too much into that reaction. If he simply walked of and sat down I and possibly others would be thinking he is not passionate about playing football. Different interpretations tbh. Aguero has had 2 poor games but that does not mean if Palacio goes and scores 2 goals he is a better player.

But hopefully this justified criticism spurs him on. He is still in a learning process but like Origi has been used for Belgium so far, that is Lukaku's best fit for us. Costa the main striker and Lukaku as an impact player. Think it would work wonders.

I have seen him play lot and lots of times. He is not that good. He is terrible at challenging for balls. His first touch is atrocious and he does not know how to open up off the ball. I can see why he does not improve, when he does not listen and thinks he's already better than what he is.

I don't think I've ever known a player who is so happy to talk publicly, but so utterly unaware of how to conduct himself in the public eye. The guy speaks 6 languages, but manages to say pretty much the wrong thing every time and when a billion people are watching him around the world he throws a strop when he's subbed.

Yes I understand the frustration and maybe that injury is still holding him back, but once again it's all about Lukaku. Of course he's still a young man, but you don't really see many other players conducting themselves in this manner. I think we're also seeing the same problems Everton fans saw in him - he's a pure goalscorer. That's great, but if it's not his day then he really doesn't offer a huge amount to the team.

He is a problem. Selling him now might make some sense, but I'd quite happily like to see him sign a new contract and then maybe go on loan. At the moment I could see anything happening with him...literally. If he said he wanted to retire tomorrow I probably wouldn't be surprised. Jose needs to handle this situation and we need to trust him.

José was right :Goober:

In all seriousness, Lukaku is still a boy. He's growing and learning the game still. He's still very raw and will continue to improve. He has unlimited potential and could become a wonderful striker. But right now he needs guaranteed game-time, and given the inevitable arrival of Costa and Mourinho's alleged conversations with Ba which will see him given more minutes on the pitch after his decent end to the season, he isn't guaranteed those minutes here. A return to Everton would be the best option right now. It's too early to judge whether he'll make it or not right now, but if Mourinho is watching these World Cup games he'll certainly feel vindicated in allowing Romelu to leave on loan last August.

He's incredibly fortunate Benteke got injured, because with the way Origi has played he wouldn't even sniff the field.

Yeah, you're forgetting the fact that no one except Wilmots knew who Origi was a month ago, and that he wouldn't even have joined the squad if Benteke wasn't injured.

People and their fast conclusions, they annoy me. ;-)