Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He had ZERO games for us last season ,, This season 2 leagues ,,, and Eto brought in ,,,

We dont deserve him really

The WBA loan was a no-brainer, it really was. After his debut season a lot of people were calling for Lukaku's head and calling him a donkey who can't play football. He went to West Brom where he was given a lot of games and he took that opportunity perfectly. This season he got plenty of games in pre-season where he did really well and I think Mourinho would have used him a lot throughout the course of the season but after starting the first few games on the bench while Benteke was banging them in for Villa he got worried his place at the World Cup might be in jeopardy and asked to go on loan. Maybe it's Jose's fault for not convincing him to stay and giving him enough playing time but then again it might just as well be Lukaku's own fault for throwing a tantrum and demanding a move so late in the window instead of being just patient and taking his opportunity when given.

Just look at Azpilicueta, despite being a regular last season under RDM and Rafa he was nowhere near the first team when the season began but he waited for his chance and hasn't looked back since. Players' Player of the Year and now going to the World Cup even though the competition for his place is very tough in the Spain squad.

People thinking Lukaku scoring goals for Everton will be as easy as scoring goals for us need a reality check. He will struggle here without space. Most of the goals I've seen him score have been in the presence of another Everton striker. I want Lukaku at Chelsea, I really do, but I have serious doubts over his ability to adapt to counter attacking football.

If Lukaku struggles with Chelsea, then what about the other strikers?

Better not buy anyone, just Park the bus & hope for the best.

I'm the first bloke on the Lukaku bandwagon. I'm dying for him to succeed here. I just have doubts. I hope he can prove me wrong. Their would be nothing more I'd love to see then that monster leading our line and knocking them in for fun.

I'm the first bloke on the Lukaku bandwagon. I'm dying for him to succeed here. I just have doubts. I hope he can prove me wrong. Their would be nothing more I'd love to see then that monster leading our line and knocking them in for fun.

I am happy to read your manfulness.

I just questioned those who think, Lukaku asked to leave, Lukaku is not suitable for counter attack... etc..

If Costa comes in, Ferda stays, why can´t Lukaku fight for his place on this team?

There is always a debate on whether he is going to score goals against teams that park the bus. Some people like me think he will do it whilst others think he will struggle.

Simple solution: Give him a chance.

Also no way am I reading into the assumption that it was all Lukaku who pressed for the move. Like I said if Jose really saw him as a key player for his team he would of insisted he stayed but I reckon it was kind of mutual and Jose could not guarantee him starts. Think about it. We had 4 games before Eto'o even joined.

Hull: played remaining 15 minutes (I expected him to start because he was our most prolific striker in pre-season and was our most inform striker in domestic level. Even though it was at a lower club against teams who 'don't park the bus' he still done more than the strikers we had on offer but who starts? Torres....)

Villa: Sub again. Comes on around the 60th minute mark.

United: Does not even come on and we have a winger playing upfront...

Bayern: Ok. We have now had 3 games where none of our strikers have looked convincing but once again finds himself on the bench and guess what. We sign Eto'o as well.

I don't call that being given a proper chance and with Eto'o being brought in and him not starting a game, he had all rights to be concerned. He said right from the beginning of the season he wanted to fight for his place but when you go 4 games without starting when you know you are miles better than Torres and Ba, who can blame him for wanting to leave when Eto'o arrived. If Mourinho saw him as a vital part of his plans he would have reassured Lukaku for sure. That did not happen and he has scored goals once again like most of us knew he would. He could have stayed around but in no way was he weak minded. He just needed to show Mourinho what he is capable of. Now like I was saying I hope he is around next season so he can show he scores goals against teams that park the bloody bus :D

There is always a debate on whether he is going to score goals against teams that park the bus. Some people like me think he will do it whilst others think he will struggle.

Simple solution: Give him a chance.

Also no way am I reading into the assumption that it was all Lukaku who pressed for the move. Like I said if Jose really saw him as a key player for his team he would of insisted he stayed but I reckon it was kind of mutual and Jose could not guarantee him starts. Think about it. We had 4 games before Eto'o even joined.

Hull: played remaining 15 minutes (I expected him to start because he was our most prolific striker in pre-season and was our most inform striker in domestic level. Even though it was at a lower club against teams who 'don't park the bus' he still done more than the strikers we had on offer but who starts? Torres....)

Villa: Sub again. Comes on around the 60th minute mark.

United: Does not even come on and we have a winger playing upfront...

Bayern: Ok. We have now had 3 games where none of our strikers have looked convincing but once again finds himself on the bench and guess what. We sign Eto'o as well.

I don't call that being given a proper chance and with Eto'o being brought in and him not starting a game, he had all rights to be concerned. He said right from the beginning of the season he wanted to fight for his place but when you go 4 games without starting when you know you are miles better than Torres and Ba, who can blame him for wanting to leave when Eto'o arrived. If Mourinho saw him as a vital part of his plans he would have reassured Lukaku for sure. That did not happen and he has scored goals once again like most of us knew he would. He could have stayed around but in no way was he weak minded. He just needed to show Mourinho what he is capable of. Now like I was saying I hope he is around next season so he can show he scores goals against teams that park the bloody bus :D

Sorry mate, but 4 games and he features in 3 of them is giving him a chance. The United game was a weird one because we set up without a striker so he can't have too many complaints.

What I don't get is why he didn't back himself to beat out the likes of Ba, Torres and Eto'o. Chelsea are his club after all and he was given chances to show what he could do in two Premier League matches and one match against the European Champions. At the time I agreed with you about the signing of Eto'o, but the fact that he seems to have asked for this move has changed my opinion.

The funny thing is that if he had stuck around this season he could've been up against three poor strikers for a starting spot. Next season he's going to be up against Costa in all likelihood. D'oh!!

If there is anything Lukaku is good in , it is counterattacking. He sucks when he has to play in a possession based team.

I actually think Mou's set-up is ideal for him. Quick break-outs, power-runs, balls coming in from the flanks (how many near assists from Hazard did our strikers miss this season - balls that just flew by horizontally).

I think he is the ideal number 2 and will be treated as such - all on the assumption our build up will become faster of course, ahem.

Problem is Costa does all that too. If teams park the bus then he can't counter so can he be that burly target man? Possibly.

Ideally what you want in a second striker is someone who offers something a little different and something a little more rudimentary which is why the idea of Mandzukic as a back-up striker is probably appealing to Jose.

To say that Lukaku was given chances is the funniest thing I have read here for months. It is great to be here. Lol.

If you don't think that being the main man in pre-season and featuring in three out of our first four competitive games of the season is giving him a chance, I don't know what is. He would have eventually gotten a good run of games as a starter when Mourinho realized he can't trust Torres and Eto'o was often injured but no, he felt it's better to fuck off prematurely so he won't risk his place at the World Cup. In a way I understand because he's a young lad and this will be his first major international tournament but there's absolutely no way this can all be considered Mourinho's fault.

This summer it's time for Lukaku to shut the fuck up and get on with it. Either accept the role as a second striker behind the new acquisition or demand a permanent move elsewhere. If he decides to go, then I wish him good luck trying to get anyone to pay the +25m asking price.

If you don't think that being the main man in pre-season and featuring in three out of our first four competitive games of the season is giving him a chance, I don't know what is. He would have eventually gotten a good run of games as a starter when Mourinho realized he can't trust Torres and Eto'o was often injured but no, he felt it's better to fuck off prematurely so he won't risk his place at the World Cup. In a way I understand because he's a young lad and this will be his first major international tournament but there's absolutely no way this can all be considered Mourinho's fault.

This summer it's time for Lukaku to shut the fuck up and get on with it. Either accept the role as a second striker behind the new acquisition or demand a permanent move elsewhere. If he decides to go, then I wish him good luck trying to get anyone to pay the +25m asking price.

No, I do not think 3 games is enough!

No, I do not think 3 games is enough!

Three games itself doesn't seem like much but when we consider the fact that the team had only played four matches by the time Lukaku decided to fuck off elsewhere it's a whole new story. If you think he wouldn't have gotten more opportunities, even a lot of games as a starter, throughout the season if he'd been just a little bit more patient and stayed then I'm afraid you're delusional.

If he'd acted like a good professional should, he would have trusted the coach and waited to be given a good run of games. If he would still have been unhappy about his playing time halfway through the season then there's of course the January window and he could easily have secured a transfer then and still make the World Cup squad, much like De Bruyne did.

Three games itself doesn't seem like much but when we consider the fact that the team had only played four matches by the time Lukaku decided to fuck off elsewhere it's a whole new story. If you think he wouldn't have gotten more opportunities, even a lot of games as a starter, throughout the season if he'd been just a little bit more patient and stayed then I'm afraid you're delusional.

If he'd acted like a good professional should, he would have trusted the coach and waited to be given a good run of games. If he would still have been unhappy about his playing time halfway through the season then there's of course the January window and he could easily have secured a transfer then and still make the World Cup squad, much like De Bruyne did.

The kid just wanted to play regular football in the EPL. He's got lots to learn and I honestly hope he gets a fair chance at Chelsea

Selling him would be a mistake, just like Sturridge