Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

are those quotes from a forum? one like this one? where people think hazard is god, mourinho is crap, we have parked the bus all thru the season. RM have promoted youngsters in a 24 year old nacho but azpi should not be included in the debate.

and these are great things that i have read in the last 24 hours ONLY. but a very valid point "quoting" evertonians. :lol:

oh well!!!

yes he had a decent performance. i have already said in my first post, why i think so. tell me how many decent chances did everton make? the one where naismith was unable to score 1v1 with joe hart, lukaku's run to pull of a defender wide was good. his goal was good. except for that he dint get any service whatsoever.

we are not discussing naismith but a striker cant do much when the player behing him loses the ball every second touch. lukaku did his job yesterday. took on players, brought players into the game, movement was good. i dont know how u r saying it was a poor performance?

Well, he tried to take on players but failed 4 times. He barely brought anyone into play (laying it off to players behind you isn't really bringing them into play), was offside unnecessarily a few times too. He was frustrating to watch apart from his goal. I personally expect more from Romelu (in his general game, not his goal scoring ability) and have seen him have better games in that respect so yes, I still maintain that he wasn't. Agree to disagree then.

are those quotes from a forum? one like this one? where people think hazard is god, mourinho is crap, we have parked the bus all thru the season. RM have promoted youngsters in a 24 year old nacho but azpi should not be included in the debate.

and these are great things that i have read in the last 24 hours ONLY. but a very valid point "quoting" evertonians. :lol:

oh well!!!

I'm not quoting them in regards to our discussion, relax and stop crying. Just trying to spark a debate about his performances in general this season and what a few Everton fans think about his performance in general this season. If you read it you'll see there are some positive stuff in there too.

It's ridiculous how overrated this kid is. There's a reason opinion is heavily divided amongst the Everton fanbase who actually watch him week in-week out and he warms the bench for Belgium.

He scores a routine tap-in, the shit memes/twitter jokes, subsequent dig at Chelsea/Mourinho by the commentator/pundits immediately follows & the Belgian brigade head to this thread in flocks. In reality they fail to mention the innumerable amount of shit first touches, poor fitness, the wayward passing, lack of finesse/guile & the baffling inability to play with his back to goal.He really is the ultimate MOTD player.

IMO, we should sell if the Costa rumours are true while the hype is still rife. Spend the £25m on a pacy versatile forward that can run in behind ala Sturridge, Suarez & Aguero, Maybe Remy or Vela could be options.

The one in bold use to be on our books but we decided he wasn't good enough or worth keeping. fantastic decision there, NOT

The one in bold use to be on our books but we decided he wasn't good enough or worth keeping. fantastic decision there, NOT

Benitez fucked us over on that one. RDM played a part as well but he was apparently "injured" before he was sacked.

It's ridiculous how overrated this kid is. There's a reason opinion is heavily divided amongst the Everton fanbase who actually watch him week in-week out and he warms the bench for Belgium.

He scores a routine tap-in, the shit memes/twitter jokes, subsequent dig at Chelsea/Mourinho by the commentator/pundits immediately follows & the Belgian brigade head to this thread in flocks. In reality they fail to mention the innumerable amount of shit first touches, poor fitness, the wayward passing, lack of finesse/guile & the baffling inability to play with his back to goal.He really is the ultimate MOTD player.

IMO, we should sell if the Costa rumours are true while the hype is still rife. Spend the £25m on a pacy versatile forward that can run in behind ala Sturridge, Suarez & Aguero, Maybe Remy or Vela could be options.

But but but he is still young. Great post, 100% agree. Now its time for the Lukaku brigade to join us.

I'm not quoting them in regards to our discussion, relax and stop crying. Just trying to spark a debate about his performances in general this season and what a few Everton fans think about his performance in general this season. If you read it you'll see there are some positive stuff in there too.

Not at all crying. If anything then laughing.

I think the everyone knows the deal with lukaku. No one wants him to be our 1st strikers But most accept that he ll do good as a 2nd striker.

Anyone who has seen him would know his first needs a lot of work. His dribbling, speed, movement and shots are his strengths. But well I also thought he was good yesterday so what do I know.

Not at all crying. If anything then laughing.

I think the everyone knows the deal with lukaku. No one wants him to be our 1st strikers But most accept that he ll do good as a 2nd striker.

Anyone who has seen him would know his first needs a lot of work. His dribbling, speed, movement and shots are his strengths. But well I also thought he was good yesterday so what do I know.

If you've read my opinions on Lukaku you'd find that I'd want him here as a 2nd choice striker as well - he'd be ideal for us in that way because it fits well into his strengths - he causes mayhem when he comes off the bench against tired legs and would also be a good starting replacement for our 1st choice striker (whoever that may be next season). I'm not disagreeing with you on that, nor am I talking about Lukaku's strengths or weaknesses. That's not the debate here.

I just think that if you take away his goal he was pretty poor yesterday, but as I said before we'll just agree to disagree.

It is ridiculous how blinded people are. How the hell is he overrated? 17 PL goals last season. 14 PL goals this season. Yet people are forgetting he has done this all at the age of 19/20. In the end of the day he scored goals. Something we have been crying out for. He has flaws but who doesn't at his age. He will get better with age and time. I think people underestimate his hold up play. He has played a very important role. Like I have said before I would rather listen to Martinez who described him as the "complete striker" IIRC. He has been the one watching him and managing him this season and he realizes how integral Lukaku is to his team's plan.

The way people are so quick to bash our players if bloody ridiculous. What else does he have to do to fucking show he needs a chance. He scores in big games and once again has got into double figures. I am not stating he should be our no.1 but he would be more than capable of being a back up/rotational striker here.

If trusted, he will be around better players next season in a more stable team all around and I am sure he will come up with the goods.

Your first sentence sums it up. He is a kid. How many kids do you see doing what he does at his age? Not much. Think. He will be unstoppable in a few years. You won't appreciate what you had until it is gone. If we sell him I am sure we will regret it in a few years as we are going to see one of the best strikers around as he will improve. Having a striker like him at his age is a bonus. Can't believe the extent of the criticism he receives sometimes. Utterly ridiculous.

I agree on the fact that he still has alot to learn.

On the other hand I see people comparing hazard numbers with ronaldo's and Messi's to decide wether there's talent or not, how about comparing lukaku's with theirs?