Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

wasn't offside, yet all the commentators and video replays said it was.

Speak what your eyes witnessed and not your ears. The commentators on SS said he was on. He is level. Osman, I think was in an offside position. Lukaku is on mate.

Good finish yesterday but he was awful in general.

what? seriously? how?

his movement was great. i remember the barkley run where kompany went down. lukaku's positioning was brilllaint and he should have been played the ball. another instance where barkley broke and he took kompany wide making space from him.

he won a header and headed it down to coleman who was completely free but his cross/shot was horrendous.

his hold up play was brilliant and what was even better were his change of plays passes to baines from those hold up plays.

how was his general play awful when he scores a good header, and does all this.????

what? seriously? how?

his movement was great. i remember the barkley run where kompany went down. lukaku's positioning was brilllaint and he should have been played the ball. another instance where barkley broke and he took kompany wide making space from him.

he won a header and headed it down to coleman who was completely free but his cross/shot was horrendous.

his hold up play was brilliant and what was even better were his change of plays passes to baines from those hold up plays.

how was his general play awful when he scores a good header, and does all this.????

So if he doesn't score three he had a bad game? Is that the new standard over here?

Imo he had a good game, winning headers, good link-ups, good passing..

He scored a good goal, but apart from that he was very ineffective and barely influenced the game, lost the ball 4 times (4 times more than anyone else on the team) in crucial moments and was indecisive and barely threatened City. Sure, he won a few aerial duels against Demichellis, had a few decent passes but he's had far better games than that. If that's the standard you'll hold him up to for having a brilliant game then.

A goal glossed over a poor/average performance.

He scored a good goal, but apart from that he was very ineffective and barely influenced the game, lost the ball 4 times (4 times more than anyone else on the team) in crucial moments and was indecisive and barely threatened City. Sure, he won a few aerial duels against Demichellis, had a few decent passes but he's had far better games than that. If that's the standard you'll hold him up to for having a brilliant game then.

A goal glossed over a poor/average performance.

dont know what match you watched dude. he looked anything but indecisive.

he lost the ball 4 times and u are telling me naismith dint lose the ball once? infact i am not even sure what u wrote there. i remember everton players losing the ball in a very very poor position. naismith was HORRENDOUS. he was the one who lost the ball on almost every 3rd touch. even in the "english football thread" that was being said. are u sure u dint confude lukaku and naismith yesterday. cos that the only way i can accept what u have just said.

one thing i do agree is he barely influenced the game. but it was not his fault. even if u see where the ball was when the ref blew his whistle u will know what i am talking about. those guys were simply and stupidly passing the ball among themselves, specially baines, naismith rather than putting the ball forward. after he scored the goal, he barely got any service whatsoever. and before that, i think he was pretty good.

he lost the ball 4 times and u are telling me naismith dint lose the ball once? infact i am not even sure what u wrote there. i remember everton players losing the ball in a very very poor position. naismith was HORRENDOUS. he was the one who lost the ball on almost every 3rd touch. even in the "english football thread" that was being said. are u sure u dint confude lukaku and naismith yesterday. cos that the only way i can accept what u have just said.

one thing i do agree is he barely influenced the game. but it was not his fault. even if u see where the ball was when the ref blew his whistle u will know what i am talking about. those guys were simply and stupidly passing the ball among themselves, specially baines, naismith rather than putting the ball forward. after he scored the goal, he barely got any service whatsoever. and before that, i think he was pretty good.

So because Naismith was horrendous Lukaku was good? Come on man. We aren't discussing Naismith here, I couldn't care less about him.

I still maintain Lukaku's goal glossed over a poor/average performance. If you take away his goal will you honestly tell me he had a good game?

you seemed to have seen the same match that I watched ,,, pity I missed the game others saw

So because Naismith was horrendous Lukaku was good? Come on man. We aren't discussing Naismith here, I couldn't care less about him.

I still maintain Lukaku's goal glossed over a poor/average performance. If you take away his goal will you honestly tell me he had a good game?

yes he had a decent performance. i have already said in my first post, why i think so. tell me how many decent chances did everton make? the one where naismith was unable to score 1v1 with joe hart, lukaku's run to pull of a defender wide was good. his goal was good. except for that he dint get any service whatsoever.

we are not discussing naismith but a striker cant do much when the player behing him loses the ball every second touch. lukaku did his job yesterday. took on players, brought players into the game, movement was good. i dont know how u r saying it was a poor performance?

you seemed to have seen the same match that I watched ,,, pity I missed the game others saw

THANK U.

i dont know what people's expectations were. did they think lukaku would dribble past the whole city defence,,, messi-esque?