Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

thank god for a post that stopped me getting warned again .. A squad needs 3 Keepers and a MINIMUM of 3 strikers .. if you are playing with one

or FOUR if you are playing with two

I remember we were having a very similar debate in the summer when the club renewed Hilario's contract and I was arguing that Blackman should be third choice while still playing with the U21s and that the renewal was just a waste of money. If I'm not mistakes, Hilario made the bench once this season.

I remember we were having a very similar debate in the summer when the club renewed Hilario's contract and I was arguing that Blackman should be third choice while still playing with the U21s and that the renewal was just a waste of money. If I'm not mistakes, Hilario made the bench once this season.

Blackman was a disaster waiting to happen ... I am serious when I say I would have been happier with JT in goal than Blackman

What many people don't realize is Eto'o and Ba have a higher minutes per goals ratio than Lukaku. So how good is he really? Good enough to be Diego Costa's understudy, but not good enough to be the main man. The main question is whether Romelu is happy with that.

Blackman was a disaster waiting to happen ... I am serious when I say I would have been happier with JT in goal than Blackman

Granted he's not at all experienced at this level, but I find that harsh on the boy who has done well for us youth levels.

But my point was, the issue with having 3 players for one position is that the third choice player won't be getting any playing time, in fact he might not play at all.

I remember under RDM when we even only had two strikers: Torres and Sturrdge and Danny barely got something like 100 minutes off the bench in the first 5 months of the season and not a single start because Robbie decided (rightly or wrongly) that Torres was his first choice striker. I think that something similar will happen if we get a Costa or a Cavani in the summer.

as usual ...they came to bury Chelsea not to praise us ,,, but unlike Marc Antony they meant it ,,,, AND were so fucking wrong again ... WE are still in there

fighting ,, KTBFFH fuck the Mail

What many people don't realize is Eto'o and Ba have a higher minutes per goals ratio than Lukaku. So how good is he really? Good enough to be Diego Costa's understudy, but not good enough to be the main man. The main question is whether Romelu us happy with that.

Yes! Romelu does not hae the ego people think. They this big hulking black man and the silhouette of his dread and they thing they're looking at an ego filled bad ass but they're so wrong, Lukaku is a kid. Hazard is far more badass in his personality. Lukaku is a humble kid who loves to laugh. He knows how unprofessional it would sound for him to demand first spot at Chelsea at his age and if that was his intention his agent would not have let him come here. He wants to work for his chance but he knows at Chelsea he needs to be 2-3 choice because 4 choice doesn't allow that to happen. You have to wait until misfortune befalls 3 other strikers until you get your chance and if you screw up you have to go through that whole process again. He's not naive has a VERY extensive football knowledge archive and he is very smart, he knows how this system works. He knows his place and he has not yet developed an alpha male personality although he could easily assume that position if he tried is heart out. He also doesn't want that responsibility he, looked shattered after he missed the super cup penalty.

Unsuprising bull shit article just spreading common football rhetoric. NEVER take football journalism seriously, for the last 5-10 it has been filled with people who can write English but don't care about football. They choose article because of their sensationalist qualities and not because their a fruitful story to share. This guy never watched Lukaku this season, he has missed all his beautiful back heel flicks and how got dam well he can hold a ball with his back to the net. He's comparing the stats of Atletico, Bayern and Chelsea players to an Everton player but he doesn't mention that (put Messi in Everton and see what happens to his stats). His main reason for Costa being so great is a heatmap from one game, I actually watched that game and obviously Costa had possession further back than normal Bilbao were parking the bus. Costa would be great (I agree with that) but this article is not worth a read, I regret reading it and do not recommend it. Sports journalist are always looking at Chelsea for a dramatic story, you find more truth in the opinions of poster in the forum than 99% of sports journalists writing about Chelsea.

If Jose saw Lukaku today, I cannot be too surprised to see him being sold. At the start of this season, I thought this kid was ready to play for Chelsea. Then, the longer I have watched him the more I think he is very far from it.

That 20m or something like that for him just might be used for a better player, I feel.

He was shocking today, just terrible. He's had like 3-4 good games in the last 4 months and has 5 goals in his last 18 starts. He certainly is nowhere near as good as the media wants us all to believe. Their agenda is to prove how wrong Jose was allowing him to leave, but it's backfiring now. And instead of putting his head down and improving, Lukaku us busy talking about how he will win the Player of the Year and Young player of the Year awards next season. What a joke. It's one thing to be ambitious, it's another to get far ahead of yourself.

So it looks like another loan is in order, maybe this time to a Spanish/German team. Or perhaps one year at Chelsea as a 2nd striker to feel what the pressure is like at a big club.

Watched about 70 mins and he was really poor, the worst kind of poor, the he 'didnt do a single thing right all game because of shocking technique' kind of performance which is a Torres speciality. Games like this just put me off the idea of him leading the line here, even as a second striker.

Watched about 70 mins and he was really poor, the worst kind of poor, the he 'didnt do a single thing right all game because of shocking technique' kind of performance which is a Torres speciality. Games like this just put me off the idea of him leading the line here, even as a second striker.

True, only one huge difference. He is a 20 year old that will have stinkers (Oscar had those, Hazard had those) while Torres just once in a while does NOT havea stinker.

Huge difference. Ill put him as second striker any day.

Think his best bet could be as a Jermaine Defoe type striker - consistent threat but unlikely to be a number one for a top striker. He's still young (five years younger than Didier was when he exploded) but he's also approaching 200 club appearances and 30 international appearances. Don't know how much more he's going to progress or if a consistent first-touch is something he can learn at this point in his career.

Was shocking yesterday but 20 year olds will have those days....at the same time he's far beyond the average 20 year old. Different standards will be applied to him.

Think his best bet could be as a Jermaine Defoe type striker - consistent threat but unlikely to be a number one for a top striker. He's still young (five years younger than Didier was when he exploded) but he's also approaching 200 club appearances and 30 international appearances. Don't know how much more he's going to progress or if a consistent first-touch is something he can learn at this point in his career.

Was shocking yesterday but 20 year olds will have those days....at the same time he's far beyond the average 20 year old. Different standards will be applied to him.

I'm still a massive fan of Lukaku...but he just reminds me of Carlton Cole in terms of height, build

12 years ago, Carlton Cole was a pretty good prospect....and his career fizzled away at West Ham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/2390945.stm

Lukaku won't be much more than an impact sub at Chelsea right now....he may develop into a starter in the long term but will Mourinho wait that long?