Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

and as i said before, in the long run his development IS for the betterment of the club. Kid won't be growing and learning by sitting on a bench.

Our club can't and shouldn't rely on a 20 year old kid, to come off the bench and take care of it all, after all we are not man-united.

But we can rely on Torres?

quite simple we should bring in a world class striker and hopefully we manage to keep eto'o as a second choice after all he's now our first forward and it's not that he's total rubbish for us so far as torres has been.

Lukaku might play champions league next year if we loan him out to everton again, let that team take the so called risk and test him on a top european level.

In the long run i can see this becoming a great investment, and my point stays the same, let the kid grow somewhere without the pressure of "we MUST end in the top 3" and we as fans might or might not love him in a few years.

Fair enough. But I won't be asking Eto'o to stay when we could have Lukaku( Eto'o as a 3rd choice is perfect) I really don't think we should be making the same mistake we did this summer, by loaning him out.

What if the summer signing doesn't click all of a sudden and we are stuck with 33yo Eto'o? Lukaku is a strong, PL proven prodigy. He definitely has a place at Chelsea and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a whole lot of games next season if he stays even after we bring in our summer striker. Imagine Costa-Lukaku-Eto'o, in that order. That is kick-ass.

I'm a huge Lukaku fan, ever since he came on the pitch in the belgian play-off final against Standard Liege aged 16 y and a few days. It was a terrible game, Anderlecht were nowhere and up comes this monster kid. His first action was a driblle in the corner past two defenders and a great ball in. I was sold immediately.

So, I might be a bit subjective here, although I can acknowledge he is sometimes still raw. He's 20!!

I don't know whether Lukaku will make it at Chelsea. No one knows, but the prospect is there, just as it was when Torres joined Chelsea. What I do know, is that he has delivered for every club he's played for until now (except Chelsea). Made Anderlecht champion's twice, youngest top scorer in the belgian Eerste Klasse, third youngest player to score in the CL (youngest was Nii Lamptey from Anderlecht) and youngest to score twice in one CL game, led WBA to their highest position in the EPL (look where they are now), qualified Belgium for their first WC in 12 years with two goals in Croatia, and is likely to give Everton their first CL ticket in 10 years. And yet, he's still only 20!!

Would he have made Chelsea champions this year if he had been given a proper chance? Probably not all by his own as he has done for other clubs in the past, but I'm sure Chelsea would be champions with 15+ Lukaku goals. Now, I'm not sure Chelsea will be champions...

I can't see him staying next season especially if Eto'o extends his contract. Provided we buy a big money striker to lead the line, Lukaku will start the season as a third choice behind Sammy in the pecking order and he'll be requesting to be send on loan again.

Costa, Lukaku and Eto'o/Torres, would equal to Man city, Livepool and United' strike force. Lukaku will get games, i just hope he doesn't demand to be our number 1 striker.

Obviously he's not the finished article yet, on the ball he could be a bit better, but the fact is he scores goals. Costa and Lukaku would be devastating. If we do sell him to fund the Costa singing, what happens if Costa gets injured? we'll be left with Eto'o or Torres...

Really?

Costa, lukaku, eto equals Aguero/Dzeko/Jovetic/Negredo and Chicarito/rooney/RVP??

Some people on this board think's all of his goals he scored for both West brom and Everton would translate to goals for Chelsea..... Sorry, that's not how it works. Especially, when the offense doesn't revolve around you...

Eto a better striker than Lukaku, why would he play as the third striker? If eto is still here next season, and we sign costa or someone else, lukaku will be 3rd striker again...

Its all up to Lukaku. He still is 20 years old (at least thats his official age).

Dude, he is born in Antwerp, Belgium, not Timboktoe. What a daft remark about his age. Those things are very, very official here in Belgium.

My worry is that by signing Costa [insert other big name striker] is that.. when they lose form, they make the team anyway! (until they do or don't regain form) due to the fee paid and the fact you can't have a 200k a week player on the bench. So even IF Lukaku was competing with 'said striker' he still wouldn't have a chance.

I thought such things did not influence on Jose decision?

Really?

Costa, lukaku, eto equals Aguero/Dzeko/Jovetic/Negredo and Chicarito/rooney/RVP??

Some people on this board think's all of his goals he scored for both West brom and Everton would translate to goals for Chelsea..... Sorry, that's not how it works. Especially, when the offense doesn't revolve around you...

Eto a better striker than Lukaku, why would he play as the third striker? If eto is still here next season, and we sign costa or someone else, lukaku will be 3rd striker again...

Maybe not better but close imo. The fact of the matter is our strikers will now get goals. Who would of said last season that Sturridge will outscore all of the strikers above, does it mean he's better? no, but he gets goals.

Lukaku scores goals wherever he goes, why wouldn't he get goals here? He's young, hungry and confident. Eto'o in his prime was better than Lukaku obviously, but 100 percent not now.

...Because Aguero's been injured for most of it.

47 apps, 27 goals for Sergio. Only 3 behind Romelu has 30 in 60, 13 more appearances.

Just realized he scored more goals than Aguero in PL since summer 2012.

I was curious so

Aguero 2011+2012 = 4545 min and 35 goals it's one every 129 min

Aguero 2012+2013 = 3146 min and 27 goals it's one every 116 min

Lukaku 2012+2013 = 4016 min and 30 goals it's one every 134 min

In case you wondered it means that an "as fit as lukaku " Aguero would have scored 34 goals or 2 more goals per season

Maybe not better but close imo. The fact of the matter is our strikers will now get goals. Who would of said last season that Sturridge will outscore all of the strikers above, does it mean he's better? no, but he gets goals.

Lukaku scores goals wherever he goes, why wouldn't he get goals here? He's young, hungry and confident. Eto'o in his prime was better than Lukaku obviously, but 100 percent not now.

Because he played for WB and Everton. Playing for Chelsea is a different thing.

Current Eto is better than Lukaku in the Mourinho setup in every possible way.

Current Eto is better than Lukaku in the Mourinho setup in every possible way.

You originally said he's the better striker.

We will sign Costa (Or another world class striker) who will fit into Moruinho's system, but you always need a plan B, Lukaku offers something different. Also is this the same Eto'o who cant score away from home?

Bullshit. Lukaku has played in big games this season and has shown he's ready to be at least our second striker. Sturridge was only scoring goals for Bolton, was he ready for Chelsea? Yes, but we didn't give him the chance... now look at him. Suarez was only scoring goals at Ajax, the dutch league is pretty poor, was he ready for the Liverpool? Of course. Rooney was at Everton 12 years ago, was he ready for United?

Definately ready to be 2nd, but does he want it ?