Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If we had any other manager i would be worried, Jose doesn't pick players on reputation (Drogba/Sheva), if Lukaku is on better form than Costa, Jose will select him.

Actually Mourinho tried really hard with Shevchenko, I remember he even said that Schevchenko was going to play until he scored a goal.

So, Mourinho is not really different from other managers in this aspect.

Its all up to Lukaku. He still is 20 years old (at least thats his official age). Diego Costa is 25 years old. He must decide what is better for him. He can be the 2nd CF choice for some seasons, until he can be our 1st choice (he can even play alongside Diego Costa), or he can be the 1st choice for Everton and follow Heskey footsteps.

Lukaku will now be main striker for Belgium. He will show if he is ready or not. Im sure Jose wont take bad mentality and inexperience for our striker. He sure wants to have deadly striker next season. Besides I think its important to have some experience in the side, our whole attack is very young and inconsistent. But let Jose decide whats best...

If Lukaku isnt ready to wait for his chance at Chelsea, Im sure he wont stick for much longer. Jose wants his players to show all their trust in him and club. Lukaku's role next season has to be second striker. Hell, Bayern will keep Lewa and Mando probably, if Lukaku thinks he is bigger than the club, he can leave. I want our players to have some patience. After all Lukaku isnt some world class striker in his prime to demand starting role here. He is 20yo with two good seasons behind him and if he is actualy that good, he will push through and take first spot here eventualy. If he doesnt want to fight for the spot, he can leave.

Its all up to Lukaku. He still is 20 years old (at least thats his official age). Diego Costa is 25 years old. He must decide what is better for him. He can be the 2nd CF choice for some seasons, until he can be our 1st choice (he can even play alongside Diego Costa), or he can be the 1st choice for Everton and follow Heskey footsteps.

Like you said it is really up to him. If he feels that he is better than our strikers (which is the case in my opinion) and that he should start and play regu;arly then he has to fight for it. He has to force Mourinho to respect his game and his qualities. It should not be hard for him judging on the competition he has. Also Jose is in a very stucky sitation regarding our offensive approach. I hardly think any manager will bench his best striker to play the expensive useless one. But the kid has got to fight and show character. Pre season should be enough for him to prove it in my opinion.

Actually Mourinho tried really hard with Shevchenko, I remember he even said that Schevchenko was going to play until he scored a goal.

So, Mourinho is not really different from other managers in this aspect.

Until it gets to the point where he just has to drop the player like Casillas

I'm fairly convinced he'll walk by now.

Many of you are calling him stupid, but he's smart enough to know he'll never be the first choice striker for Chelsea in the next few years. He'll take a small step back (I think he'll want to stay at Everton if it was up to him), keep scoring them goals and be bought by one of the top teams again when he's 24-25.

Until it gets to the point where he just has to drop the player like Casillas

Still not sure if Casillas really had to be dropped. At the end, it looked to me Mourinho was so tired of being at Real he was practically asking to get fired by kicking everyone's shins.

Let's see: Lukaku can return to Chelsea, play/train with D. Drogba, play with Eto'o and, again, play for his favorite boyhood club under Jose. I'm thinking he gets some time to prove himself at SB and he will come back. Forget the rumours. It's just going to be up to him to improve his play in front of opposition centre backs. Didier should coach him. If he still looks like he'd rather be playing RW after a period of time back with Chelsea, I'm thinking he either becomes a RW or he gets sold.

I'm fairly convinced he'll walk by now.

Many of you are calling him stupid, but he's smart enough to know he'll never be the first choice striker for Chelsea in the next few years. He'll take a small step back (I think he'll want to stay at Everton if it was up to him), keep scoring them goals and be bought by one of the top teams again when he's 24-25.

Doesn't make sense for me. Why go there on a transfer and wait for someone to buy you in three or four years time when you can go there on loan from Chelsea? If he really wants to stay there, then let him stay at Everton for three years, on loan, just like Courtois.

But I think it's too early to talk about him leaving Chelsea. Of course he's not ready yet to lead the line, but at the same time Jose is not that stupid to sell one of the best prospects in European football. Imagine him going to Atletico and tearing La Liga apart. Then Paris comes and gets him for £50M. Jose knows he can't do that. He'll loan him until he will consider his time has come to lead the line.

But no way Chelsea will sell him this summer. As a matter of fact, if Lukaku was an Everton player, I bet we would have had a topic for him in the Transfer Talk. And dozens of pages by now. And media claiming Jose, Wenger, Ancelotti, everyone on Earth is interested in signing him :)

A 20 year old should never ever sit on a bench, nowhere. If he's not chelsea material at-the-moment, we HAVE to loan him out, if it's needed, even one more year.

He simply can't take the risk to be sitting on a bench, the kid HAS to play until his 22, from then on we'll see.

It's a pretty simple and basic rule in football, if at that age you are sitting on a bench somewhere, you simply HAVE TO drop a level and play somewhere else.

The view of some of you lot is of significance from the moment you speak about a 27 (more aged) player in his prime, not of a highly talented 20year old.

Words about mentality etc, Well imo his mentality is pro chelsea in the long run.

And i see hazard/Ronaldo/Messi numbers at age 22 being compared alot as a reference(not that I believe those say anything) but i wouldn't mind seeing lukaku's being compared to theirs.