Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Romelu Lukaku on RTBF: "I have decided to leave Chelsea, not Mourinho. He did understand me. I appreciate him."

Before anyone panics, he's speaking about the loan. The person you quoted from made a mistake before correcting it.

See my post above. :)

Yeah well know that he see no chance with Everton as in the beginning when he said he would like to play cl with Everton if they qualified. He wants to know plea his case to mourinho.

Let's see what he will do.

Why are people underrating this Kid? He will be immense for Chelsea FC, just wait and see.

I would say people are overrating and not underrating him. he is a good, young kid, but nowhere near to lead the line for us. the question is, if he will be happy to be 2nd or even 3rd (if torres stays) choice for us and if a new striker comes in. And I dont think so...

he has way too much technical and tactical flaws at the moment to play a bigger part for us. only as a backup we could keep him here.

Just think he will never make it here, when he came I was delighted, especially after seeing the video of him at Stamford bridge it was actually quite moving that someone had got their dream and I expected him to give it all his all etc. knuckle down but just seems to go on loan and talk rather than get his head down.

Ita almost like thia forum goes thru phases. Add to that the band wagon of opinion and it just gets silly and frustrating.

I remember at the start of the season he was our no.1 striker, who was single handedly supposed to take us to a different footballing level.

When he was loaned, it was supposedly a horrid mistake and the jose out chants were on. When he was banging goals for fun at the start, every member including me and every pundit said that chelsea made a mistake.

Now, injured for 2 weeks and with etoo playing well, suddenly people think that one of the best prosoects in the world to be sold. I mean what the fucking hell!!!

I've said it a million times. Chelsea fans are the most fickle fans going.

Jesus wept, the guy's still only 20. He's rough around the edges but he's fantastically prolific for his age (for any age in fact). He's got at least two more seasons at this club before any definitive decision might be made in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see him come back next season and play understudy to whichever striker we bring in but that depends on the situation with the other strikers.

Mourinho: "Chelsea made great investment in the past and were also criticised because we did so much but things change," said Mourinho. "The club adapted well to the situation. You see De Bruyne gave us a big profit and there are other players who – maybe – won't play a single match for Chelsea and we sell them at a profit. We had to organise ourselves in a different way and, before I came here, Chelsea did fantastic work in this level: Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois, [Lucas] Piazon … not all of them will have a career at Chelsea but all of them are important in this new financial organisation."

Don't say you haven't been warned. -_-

Ita almost like thia forum goes thru phases. Add to that the band wagon of opinion and it just gets silly and frustrating.

I remember at the start of the season he was our no.1 striker, who was single handedly supposed to take us to a different footballing level.

When he was loaned, it was supposedly a horrid mistake and the jose out chants were on. When he was banging goals for fun at the start, every member including me and every pundit said that chelsea made a mistake.

Now, injured for 2 weeks and with etoo playing well, suddenly people think that one of the best prosoects in the world to be sold. I mean what the fucking hell!!!

well you cant generalize this opinions on everybody. I think that he aint good enough to lead our line (and said it before the season started) but would be a good no 2 or 3 choice. technically he is really, really weak..his 1st touch at times is abysmal, his stamina is awful and his game with his back against players and also his heading ability is bullshit for his height. he has to improve on A LOT of things. people

People were blinded by him scoring goals. the goals kinda hushed up his flaws, which existed the whole season. at the moment. he is only useful for counter-attacking or against teams with a high line. most of the teams though park the bus against us or sit deeper as normal. If we'll get him and he will be happy to be 2nd or 3rd choice, ok. if he wants to be no 1, than he has to go.

and am I the only one who is annoyed by his interviews? he just had again an Interview in the Mirror takling bout improving, wanting Cl football blabla. He really just should STOP talking and start getting better actually. he hasnt improved on any aspect for 1 year now .he has scored more goals, yes, but its also thanks to Everton being a better team than West Brom- his flaws are still there. and I doubt that the first touch is something he can improve on...

and him being sold isnt unrealistic at all. just watch Mous comments about FFP and so on.

There are youth players who have tremendous talent but lack attitude and work ethic. you can work with them though, you can get them to be a good professional. but there are young players who have the right attitude but lack the talent in some areas and you cant teach them this. I think Lukaku is one of this guys. Hopefully not, but it seems so.

Mou wants his strikers to be able to link-up with other players, to be good on the ball etc etc. Lukaku hasnt got this ablitiy. And our striking position is that bad, that we cant give him 2,3 years time, to develop. we absolutely HAVE to buy a new striker and Mou already said, that we will be looking out for one.

well you cant generalize this opinions on everybody. I think that he aint good enough to lead our line (and said it before the season started) but would be a good no 2 or 3 choice. technically he is really, really weak..his 1st touch at times is abysmal, his stamina is awful and his game with his back against players and also his heading ability is bullshit for his height. he has to improve on A LOT of things. people

Sorry, but if that remarkably harsh critique was even halfway accurate then he isn't good enough to be 2nd or 3rd choice for us.

Sorry, but if that remarkably harsh critique was even halfway accurate then he isn't good enough to be 2nd or 3rd choice for us.

it aint harsh, its my opinion. his back against players game is not good at all, his heading is for his height really bad and his 1st touch is abysmal. he can work on things like his heading and his back against the wall game though, thats why I think he could stay a 2nd striker. he offers you good options for counter-attacking football and also physical presence when needed. and Mourinho maybe could get him better in different aspects, who knows.

At the moment, physically he is a beast, but tactically (in some aspects) and technically, he is poor or not good enough for a 1st choice Chelsea striker.

@bushman if you would be able to read properly than you would have seen, that I WANT HIM to stay as our 2nd/3rd choice striker. If you think that we are a pub club though, than sorry :)

and instead of just posting your usual one sentence bullshit, how about bringing your arguments and actually saying how you see him and where do you rate him at our squad? quite anxious to see if you think, that he is able to be our no 1 striker.

Even though, I was not very happy to had seen Lukaku being loaned out again, but one thing I must admit here.

If all these reports are remotely close to what he has to say, about his demands, it won´t sit well with Jose, I feel.

Jose is not someone to play with. knowing that Jose had sent Mata packing & Mata is much better player than Lukaku, this kid is asking for trouble, I feel.

I would not be too surprise to see Lukaku being used in some swap deal, in the summer.