Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Fucking ridiculous. Lukaku is a young man who needs to learn to be quiet, but whoever put that video on their website is equally stupid.

yup

Some young players (and apparently Anelka) seem to have this ridiculous notion that they can say and do whatever they want while representing, not to mention being paid by, their clubs; when people demand professionalism, that's essentially it. No irony here as players are nothing more than contracted employees.

Regardless of merit on the action itself, Anelka was wrong in using the popularity of his club, without their knowledge or consent, to send a personal message. The fact that the message was controversial was just the icing on the cake.

WBA is reportedly having some trouble with their sponsors over Anelka's action.

So what's the story with Lukaku now? Hearing that he will be sold in the Summer for around £23 million to fund a £50 million move for Cavani, but other reports have us agreeing to sign Diego Costa for £32 million in the Summer.

I seriously doubt he will be sold unless he wants it himself.

So...Chelsea has to sell world class player Mata and one of most promising strikers Lukaku to fund transfer of top player nowdays???

Anyway its probably bullshit, but since Mou prefers experienced players, I dounb Lukaku (or Courtois) will get straight 1st spot here...that could lead to Courtois being sold and possibly Lukaku too (he said that he wants regular football, unless he accepts being 2nd striker).

So what's the story with Lukaku now? Hearing that he will be sold in the Summer for around £23 million to fund a £50 million move for Cavani, but other reports have us agreeing to sign Diego Costa for £32 million in the Summer.

Congratulations! You have just discovered a media phenomenon known as transfer rumours. You will find that most of these are utter tosh thought up by journalists staring at blank pages at newspaper desks who then feed them to a public addicted to muppetry. What's muppetry? Thanks for asking! It's the act of shutting down all senses and sensibilities, and abandoning logic to wank over a transfer rumour, however outlandish and unlikely.

So...Chelsea has to sell world class player Mata and one of most promising strikers Lukaku to fund transfer of top player nowdays???

Anyway its probably bullshit, but since Mou prefers experienced players, I dounb Lukaku (or Courtois) will get straight 1st spot here...that could lead to Courtois being sold and possibly Lukaku too (he said that he wants regular football, unless he accepts being 2nd striker).

Lukaku shouldn't automatically get first spot here, he still has many faults to his game and i'm still not convinced he'll suit our system. We need an all-around striker, Lukaku is not the best with the ball at his feet, he often messes up Everton counter attacks. He's young so i'm not saying he has no future here, but to say he should be our number one is a bit premature considering we're getting a striker in the summer.

He's a smart kid, he knows you need to be class (well, in theory :F) to lead the line at Chelsea. A top striker + Lukaku is what I'm hoping.

Congratulations! You have just discovered a media phenomenon known as transfer rumours. You will find that most of these are utter tosh thought up by journalists staring at blank pages at newspaper desks who then feed them to a public addicted to muppetry. What's muppetry? Thanks for asking! It's the act of shutting down all senses and sensibilities, and abandoning logic to wank over a transfer rumour, however outlandish and unlikely.

No I've not just discovered it. I've read rumours before now.

Good job on being a condescending prick though

Anyone who think Mourinho will give Lukaku the number 9 role next season is crazy....

Mourinho barely let him play this season and with another CF acquisition in the works, I fully expect his role to be super sub if any....

He will be sold this summer. He will sulk too much if he's just a squad member.

And his comment that he doesn't like playing target man at Everton the last matches is why in the national team of Belgium, he barely play average games and was only useful against Croatia that was leaving 40 meters behind their back.

He's not a teamplayer, if he can't run behind defences in open play he's breaking attacking play by not making runs to open space for players behind, is often offside because he's staying up the pitch and not tracking back and he's awful defending, not even playing the cutting passing angle that takes less energy than pressing.

It's not that he's not a team player, more that he's a striker that is most useful in a team that plays fast, counter-attack football. He actually is very useful for a team because he occupies more than one defender (if he's having a decent game). Seems a bit tired these days. Good for him and Everton they bought a decent player to give him some rest.

The national team usually plays much too slow to make use of Lukaku. Against defensive teams, Benteke should work better. Against top teams who push the attack, Lukaku should be used.