Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I very much doubt ANYONE on this forum has seen Lukaku play more than me :-)

I don't want to blame things on your nationality, but beginning to understand how Canada is not a football country. Really man, you can post a 100.000 things on this forum but you still know the least bit about football.

Or did you think you were at an ice hockey forum here?

Since you are clueless about anything, do not know anything about me, I´d rather if you try something else. Football is not your strong part.

Dude, chill. Don't be so cocky youngster :-)

Oh come on, how can anyone say Lukaku is a technical player and keep a straight face.

I didn't. I was referring to your authority argument saying: 'nobody saw Lukaku play more than I did'

:lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Alright, I apologize. I don't think we'll agree on the definition of racism (nationality is not a race, and saying that canada is more an ice hockey country than a football country is a statistic fact, not a prejudgement), but no point in argueing about that.

I'll rephrase my words and just state that bushman, as an individual, not as a Canadian citizen or member of any sort of race (I don't know his race to be honest), know absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, about football if he considers Lukaku, who I valuate to be a great player due to work ethic, pace and strength, also as an individual, not as a Belgian citizen nor as a member of the african race, to be a technical player. He is perhaps the least technical player in the world. Fact.

Fair enough. That's your opinion.

About the definition of racism, we discussed it another thread. This post summarizes my view: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/7709-the-pub-discuss-anything/?p=797587

I was referring to your authority argument saying: 'nobody saw Lukaku play more than I did'

I actually think this is true. In Belgium I support Anderlecht, and I think I've seen pretty much every first team game Lukaku played there (not in highlights but full matches), and then when he moved to Chelsea, the club I support in England, I think I followed him even closer if that was still possible. I also have a fan pass for the Belgian NT, so I've also seen the matches he played there.

So based on the above, I think I'm allowed to say that I've seen him play quite a bit. Sorry if I was cocky, but I don't think very highly of bushman's unfounded comments on Lukaku and reactions towards me.

Instead of moaning about lukaku's limited technical ability, the blame should go those who scouted and bought him in the first place for either not spotting or ignoring his defeciency as his first touch didn't suddenly deteriorated when he joined us which is quite ironic given the new philosophy of attacking and free flowing football that the club has openly shown commitment to.

Moreover a strikers job is to score goals which he does consistently so the argument against him here is redundant and lacks perspective

Instead of moaning about lukaku's limited technical ability, the blame should go those who scouted and bought him in the first place for either not spotting or ignoring his defeciency as his first touch didn't suddenly deteriorated when he joined us which is quite ironic given the new philosophy of attacking and free flowing football that the club has openly shown commitment to.

Moreover a strikers job is to score goals which he does consistently so the argument against him here is redundant and lacks perspective

Lukaku has shown at WBA and now Everton what he can do on the counter, but for Chelsea he won't have many of those opportunities and needs to be better with his back towards goal.

Eto'o for example has a really sure touch and the ball sticks with him and he gets it to someone else, Lukaku previously will just lose possession.

Lukaku has shown at WBA and now Everton what he can do on the counter, but for Chelsea he won't have many of those opportunities and needs to be better with his back towards goal.

Eto'o for example has a really sure touch and the ball sticks with him and he gets it to someone else, Lukaku previously will just lose possession.

He's shown an ability to find space in the box, score goals and bring others into the game. He's also a massive physical presence which we were completely lacking against West Brom.

Eto'o might not give up possession but he's still not that impressive (bear in mind I know his stats and I've also watched him play).

I can ask you the same question my man. Or do you think your opinion has higher value because you have more stars on this forum?

No I don't think my opinion has higher value, not sure why you'd say that. Just don't come on here claiming 'I know him better than you hurr', we've had our fair share of football messiahs.

Someone who has seen Lukaku played numerous times & still do not see him as one fine player, claims Lukaku is not much, has no right to judge others!

Do we not speak the same English?

In every post about Lukaku so far I have explicitly stated that I think he's a massive player, due to his uncomparable work ethic, strength and pace. Just not his technique.

Do you actually read my posts before you react to them or just assume I will say what you expect me to say and comment on your own expectations?

Just don't come on here claiming 'I know him better than you hurr', we've had our fair share of football messiahs.

I just reacted to the great football connaisseur bushman who stated that I probably hadn't seen Lukaku play a lot.

I actually think that him assuming, prejudging if you will, that I haven't seen Lukaku play because he doesn't agree with my view on Lukaku, is far worse than me speaking truth about my own situation. Wouldn't you agree?

Funny thing is bushman and I actually agree on Lukaku but he doesn't want to see it: Lukaku is a great striker in spite of his somewhat lacking technique.