Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

All about games. If he's still here, Eto'o and Torres will play more than him. He will play sporadically, more times than none off the bench.

At Everton he really has no competition - Jelavic has been ridiculous for months, and Kone misses more than he scores - and also not the same kind of pressure to perform.

If he's scoring goals, why would Eto'o or Torres play more than him?? By the same token if he isn't scoring goals for Everton then why wouldn't he be dropped?

As for pressure, there will always be pressure at this club. It comes down to character and I've always thought Lukaku had bundles of the stuff.

Can't our coaches coach that?

Or are you suggesting that he'd get more games at Everton? Won't Martinez only continue to select him if he's scoring goals?? Is that a different criteria to the one Jose selects strikers on?

He obviously needs all the game time he can get, which he won't get here because Torres, Eto'o & Ba are obviously better than the competition he faces at Everton in Kone and Jelavic, so if he has a few bad games he won't be as easily dropped, it really is that simple.

We all know Lukaku can score bags of goals, no one is disputing that. It's other aspects of his game that he needs to work on and I think at Everton he's been given a fantastic platform.

He wouldn't get enough chances. Before Eto'o joined he hadn't even started a single game, and got cameos here and there.

There's not many, if any, top clubs in Europe who have a 20 year old leading their line, experience is always valued, and moreso for a team like Chelsea who already have so many young midfielders, this is why/how Mourinho justifies playing Lampard behind them, and why i'm sure he got Eto'o in.

About pressure, we have 2 strikers who know what its like to play in big games, who have scored goals in Euro finals to CL finals. Lukaku is still learning and his time will come, but i don't see him leading our line just yet.

I don't see many starting with 21 year olds.

or 22 year olds.

But then I don't see many 20 year olds like Lukaku with over 20 international caps to their name. We didn't give him a chance, but Everton did and he's repaying that faith in him. We made a mistake loaning him out in my opinion.

He obviously needs all the game time he can get, which he won't get here because Torres, Eto'o & Ba are obviously better than the competition he faces at Everton in Kone and Jelavic, so if he has a few bad games he won't be as easily dropped, it really is that simple.

We all know Lukaku can score bags of goals, no one is disputing that. It's other aspects of his game that he needs to work on and I think at Everton he's been given a fantastic platform.

Are Eto'o, Torres and Ba better than Lukaku though? Not were they. Not do they have more medals than him. Not are they older.

Are they better than him right now?

It's a simple question.

The other question is would he learn more from the likes of Lampard, Terry, Mourinho and even Torres than he would from Jelavic, Distin, Pienaar and Martinez?

I don't see many starting with 21 year olds.

or 22 year olds.

But then I don't see many 20 year olds like Lukaku with over 20 international caps to their name. We didn't give him a chance, but Everton did and he's repaying that faith in him. We made a mistake loaning him out in my opinion.

Are Eto'o, Torres and Ba better than Lukaku though? Not were they. Not do they have more medals than him. Not are they older.

Are they better than him right now?

It's a simple question.

The other question is would he learn more from the likes of Lampard, Terry, Mourinho and even Torres than he would from Jelavic, Distin, Pienaar and Martinez?

All big teams in Europe have experienced big name strikers, and when you look back at when they were around Lukaku's age they were playing for clubs not too dissimilar from Everton.

There's no doubt we bought him too soon imo, but by next season he should be good enough to be our 2nd option.

The Skipper, on 24 Oct 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Regarding Lukaku, I just dismiss it when people bring up his goalscoring stats simply because everyone knows the kid can score goals already. That's not the reason he's gone out on loan. He's gone out on loan to become a more complete footballer, to improve his back-to-goal play, his link up game with players etc.

That's why it really doesn't phase me when people try to bring up his goalscoring record, or the fact that he's outscored our forwards.

I don t understand you. How will his link up play with hazard and oscar (hopefully and probably our AMs for the coming years) improve if you send him to another club?

And if you bring playing time on in your answer, i cannot understand the acquisition of eto o in the summer or ba last januari!

The boy can score .... Link up play and lack of technical skill or not. He just scores, our tank.

he is a waste of space ,,will score 40 a season and do fuck all else ,,,well he will scare the shit out of opposing defenders I suppose .. oh and I suppose he will open up space

for our other attackers oh and I guess they will pick up from shots the keeper push out ... oh and might win a few penalties for Frank ...Oh and a few free kicks ,,

but what else will Lukaku do for US ?????????/

any link to the goal??

also people who are being snotty and be-littling lukaku's goals, why dont u just stay away from the thread.

this is the LUKAKU THREAD, people will talk about him when he scores. if it bothers u so much, stay away.