Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I always tought and still do that he's a limited player, but even with his limits he always seems to score against any team , and thats an enormous quality for a striker.

The loan to everton is great for him and chelsea if you ask me, he will develop much faster by playing week in and out, gain loads of confidence and experience and thats great for us in the long end.

Lescott is prob one of the worst defenders I've ever seen playing for a top side, Ben Haim being the absolute worst though. With that said, that was a nice move, combined with lots of acceleration. The finishing was good, but Hart should've done better.

Lukaku scored a good goal and had a poor/decent performance. His first touch and off-the-ball movement were specially lacking. Opposition is everything when assessing a player.

With Jelavic's poor form, it's very likely Lukaku will keep on getting minutes.

As you said, we wanted to loan Ba to arsenal. But they went for ozil, so giving them ba would have been stupidity of the highest level.
We were now stuck with 4 strikers while playing only one striker, so lukaku's chances of playing slimmed down to 1/4. No other person wanted to loan Ba, so for lukaku's slim chances of surpassing benteke for the world cup, he needed to play more and not hope. From here, it was a logical option.
I am very confident that lukaku also opted for this decision personally.
So people should stop blasting the board for this.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2013/10/5/4805186/romelu-lukaku-wanted-loan-chelsea-fc-everton

"Look, let me be honest about this,I did not know if I would be playing for Chelsea so I asked the manager to let me leave. We spoke and I told him."

"It’s unfair to criticize Mourinho for letting me go because it was my decision. He knows what he is doing. He has won so many titles and I have too much respect for him to wish anything but the best, but there comes a point where you must think about yourself to show everyone that you can shine and be one of the best strikers in the league."

"I could have stayed and fought, but it was not about the competition. When you are a 20-year-old you need minutes. I lost my place in the national team because I did not play for a year with Chelsea."

"I want that position back. I want to be in a top team and play. You only get better if you play so the best thing was to leave."

"He’d called me into his office 10 days before the end of the window. I did not want to tell him what I wanted to do at that point, but he was very open and direct. I always wanted to work under him and even the time in pre-season he taught me lots I’m grateful for but I had to make a choice.

And thats that.

Only problem is, 2 days after his loan lukaku said on belgian television; Chelsea called me at 19Pm to tell me i'm going on loan again.

The program was extra time if i remember correctly. In other words, the board made him say this ;)

Only problem is, 2 days after his loan lukaku said on belgian television; Chelsea called me at 19Pm to tell me i'm going on loan again.

The program was extra time if i remember correctly. In other words, the board made him say this ;)

False. You can't force a player into saying something he doesn't want to. Proof about what he said on so called 'belgian' television?

You really hate our board huh?

Hold on, did anyone watch the whole match or just the goal? Because, the goal aside, I thought Lukaku was pretty bad and demonstrated exactly why we sent him on loan.

Apart from the goal, which he did brilliant in, he barely put a foot in right. He gave the ball away most of the time and his first touch let him down countless times. I don't know what his passing accuracy was, but I bet it was barely 50%. Defensively, he literally did absolutely nothing. There were incidents where the man on the ball was literally a few feet away from him and he just stood and stared at him. He was the reason on many occasions why Everton's high press failed. Then he went completely missing in the second half.

I don't want to discredit Romelu, he got half a chance and he did the most of it and sometimes that is more important than anything else. But Lescott doesn't make a mistake (twice) or hart saves the shot (as he maybe should have) and it would have been a terrible performance by him. It was NOT a performance that's better than anything our current strikers are capable of, in fact it just served to remind people why he needed to go on loan.

Exactly!

Hold on, did anyone watch the whole match or just the goal? Because, the goal aside, I thought Lukaku was pretty bad and demonstrated exactly why we sent him on loan.

Apart from the goal, which he did brilliant in, he barely put a foot in right. He gave the ball away most of the time and his first touch let him down countless times. I don't know what his passing accuracy was, but I bet it was barely 50%. Defensively, he literally did absolutely nothing. There were incidents where the man on the ball was literally a few feet away from him and he just stood and stared at him. He was the reason on many occasions why Everton's high press failed. Then he went completely missing in the second half.

I don't want to discredit Romelu, he got half a chance and he did the most of it and sometimes that is more important than anything else. But Lescott doesn't make a mistake (twice) or hart saves the shot (as he maybe should have) and it would have been a terrible performance by him. It was NOT a performance that's better than anything our current strikers are capable of, in fact it just served to remind people why he needed to go on loan.

Spot on Chou.

i watched the whole game and thought he was pretty decent. and rightfully it was mirallas and osman who got subbed early on because they were shambolic. add to that naismith's nothingness and we got an incompetent attack.

barkley was no where to be seen thru out the match and as soon as city scored their first goal, everton simply went awol as a team. lukaku meanwhile was stranded ahead and was left totally alone thruout the match. and yet he was able to hold the ball against lescott and nastastic long enough to let the everton AM's come into play.

lukaku's role was even more clear when kone came in. and they had absolutely no way out for the last 10 minutes.