Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I was actually being sarcastic. I would've loved Lukaku to be part of our squad and I think he would've been exactly what we needed.

The kid is special and we should've given him the chance he deserved.

sorry wasn't really following the thread - busy at work. :doh:

He still runs towards the ball far too often, also when there's a crossing opportunity he seems to wait outside the box for the pull back, it doesn't make sense considering he's the biggest guy on the pitch.

Apart from that he was great, but we shouldn't go overboard, that Newcastle performance in the first half was diabolical.

Lukaku has now scored six goals in his last five Premier League appearances, having netted a hat-trick in his final match on loan at West Brom last season.

That statistic alone, even before taking into account this performance in which he also had the ball in the net on two other occasions in the first half but was denied by an offside flag, will prompt more awkward questions of Jose Mourinho's judgement in allowing the 20-year-old to spend another season away from Stamford Bridge.

The fact he has scored more league goals (three) this campaign than all the strikers the Portuguese has at his disposal looks like a glaring error by Mourinho.

Romelu Lukaku joined the distinguished company of Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Robbie Fowler, Emile Heskey and Ryan Giggs among the youngest players to score 20 Premier League goals with a fine performance in Everton's exciting 3-2 win over Newcastle United on Monday night.

The Belgian on-loan Chelsea forward, 20, became the youngest foreigner to score that amount goals in England's top flight and there could be no doubting the quality of his performance as Roberto Martinez's Everton ensured they remained the only unbeaten team.

Yeah Mou always knows what he is doing. Loaning Lukaku and signing Etoo.

Probably Lukaku here wouldnt score single goal in 10 games due to our striker issues, but he should be definately starter as both Torres and Etoo are relatively shit. Striker is to score goals, Lukaku does while our strikers dont.

Lukaku has now scored six goals in his last five Premier League appearances, having netted a hat-trick in his final match on loan at West Brom last season.

That statistic alone, even before taking into account this performance in which he also had the ball in the net on two other occasions in the first half but was denied by an offside flag, will prompt more awkward questions of Jose Mourinho's judgement in allowing the 20-year-old to spend another season away from Stamford Bridge.

The fact he has scored more league goals (three) this campaign than all the strikers the Portuguese has at his disposal looks like a glaring error by Mourinho.

Romelu Lukaku joined the distinguished company of Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Robbie Fowler, Emile Heskey and Ryan Giggs among the youngest players to score 20 Premier League goals with a fine performance in Everton's exciting 3-2 win over Newcastle United on Monday night.

The Belgian on-loan Chelsea forward, 20, became the youngest foreigner to score that amount goals in England's top flight and there could be no doubting the quality of his performance as Roberto Martinez's Everton ensured they remained the only unbeaten team.

interesting stats

interesting stats

I especially like that stat about being one of the youngest to score 20 goals in the Prem. I chat w/ one CFC fan in particular who discredits all of Lulu's goals. Especially the manure hat-trick. I will use that stat & tell him to STFU. Thanks again (i love your handle btw...not sure if I have ever told you that)

Showed it all last night. Goals, link up play, creating, literally everything. 3 goals in 2 games for Everton already while none of our strikers have scored one PL goal. Arsenal give their talent chances and they have proved themselves. Look at Gnabry. They have a lot of injuries but once they give youngsters a chance they take it. I know certain managers work different ways but other managers from different clubs must laugh at us when we loan out a striker who does what he done last season, is loaned out again when he is clearly the best striker in our ranks. Arsenal wanted another striker with Giroud this season for additional firepower and had they had someone like Lukaku, that would be chase over, Giroud and Lukaku would fit the bill because he is quality and yet we loan out our best striker who clearly would be scoring goals once given a proper run in the team. Still shocked how we could not give him one start.

Embarrassing thing is he will end up with more goals than all our strikers put together. While many are happy and complimenting his performance tonight there was no real surprise. It was obvious this is what he was going to end up doing and for those who said he is not ready to start, just look at tonight. He can make an impact of the bench and be equally good starting.

Yes Torres but in a brilliant performance against Spurs but the question is will it go back to square 1 again where he is inconsistent and lacks the goals.which was the missing link against Spurs. There was several things that I was looking forward to this season and one of them was Lukaku coming back and being the answer to our striking problems but another mistake we will have to learn from again as this can be the difference between a title chase and not.

But he is at Everton and we cannot change that so let's just relish the fact that he will end up with a bagful of goals this season and ready to be back as no.1 striker next season (hopefully).

Good for him he got loaned out, Chelsea is not an easy team for making lots of goals.

This year scoring a lot and learn a lot and maybe he can carry the heavy weight of scoring goals for Chelsea.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk 4

Lukaku's ability and talent were never in question. His strengths at this moment don't align with Chelsea's playing style. He could have stayed and improved as 2nd or 3rd choice but it's better to be first choice at Everton. I have no problem with the loan move. He'll improve with his build-up play and his back to goal hopefully playing at Everton, because that's what he needs at Chelsea. Everything else he already has.

Jose won't get him back. I honestly hope he doesn't. He is playing so good and he'll keep developing. If he comes back to us, it would be depressing to see his career be ruined while being behind Torres and Eto'o. Plus that crucial NT spot. Stay wherever you are Lukaku, and come back next year. It's the best decision for both the parties.

lot of people i mean in general are thinking we send him out for loan to be a flop and suddenly it back fired as!!

he scoring goals at very good rate,playing every match and that is the whole point of this loan.

for me westbrom was the third place podium everton the second and chelsea the FIRST. he will stand and collect his medal next year for sure.

whether he could suddenly jump to first place from third we may never know. but i believe that could have been very hard.

The loan isn't the problem here. It was what needed to be done. He needs to play #1 striker minutes. The problem is that absolute dross that is still at the club at the striker position.

Spot on, when you are 6 games into the season your forwards have scored fewer goals than Mikel serious questions need to be asked.

We still have the biggest flop of English football playing regularly for us and a semi retired Eto'o - Ba is only here because we don't want to strengthen Arsenal