Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

My opinion is probably going to be an unpopular one, but I kind of dislike him. I get the impression his loyalty is to himself and only himself, and the hype around him seems a little exaggerated to me. I'm sure he'll be a good or even very good footballer one day, but you'd think he was Messi the way some people here go on about him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if after a breakout season he decides he wants to play for Madrid or Barcelona.

My opinion is probably going to be an unpopular one, but I kind of dislike him. I get the impression his loyalty is to himself and only himself, and the hype around him seems a little exaggerated to me. I'm sure he'll be a good or even very good footballer one day, but you'd think he was Messi the way some people here go on about him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if after a breakout season he decides he wants to play for Madrid or Barcelona.

He barely ever played for us, what do u expect? I think he likes Chelsea, but it's not like the way Lamps loves Chelsea, obviously. He's young, he's always going on loans and everything so I dont think we can expect anything else from him. I bet Courtois doesn't "love" Chelsea right now, I bet he wouldn't mind playing for Real Madrid. I'd bet some of our other players wont mind either..

And well our players always get a little bit over-hyped, this is a Chelsea forum after all.

There's footage of him as a 16 year old, visiting the bridge saying the day he'll play for Chelsea would be the only day they'd see him cry. He came here because he loves the club. If that changed after two years, you can guess at the reasons why yourself by now. :)

How would you feel when you outscored the top striker at your club by 2x as many goals at age 19 while starting only half the league games while at age 19. He came back and Mourinho loaned him out. He's going to outscore the strikers again this year. He's anything but disloyal. He's taken his loan spells with aplomb. Ask WBA fans what they think of his loyalty.

Glad Lukaku doesn't have the same attitude you have.

Well, you can't deny he was promised playing time in the first eleven. I hope he'll make it, because it's the club of his dreams, but what will happen next year? Another loan? How can you expect players to stay loyal to a club they've barely played for. Because of the money? That would mean he'd have to be loyal to a Russian oil billionair. To the fans? Sure, but they don't select the team. I'm starting to think he should look elsewhere if he ever wants to be a first striker somewhere. He's not just gonna sit around until he's 27.

He barely ever played for us, what do u expect? I think he likes Chelsea, but it's not like the way Lamps loves Chelsea, obviously. He's young, he's always going on loans and everything so I dont think we can expect anything else from him. I bet Courtois doesn't "love" Chelsea right now, I bet he wouldn't mind playing for Real Madrid. I'd bet some of our other players wont mind either..

And well our players always get a little bit over-hyped, this is a Chelsea forum after all.

I don't agree with Courtois' repeated loans to Atletico either. The longer he spends time in one place (Madrid) the more settled he'll be. It's even more worrying considering Real Madrid's current goalkeeping situation. Casillas looks like he's on the way out and Lopez is no spring chicken. I think it's almost certain Real Madrid will make a move for him in the next couple of seasons. If we don't call him back next season or at least loan him to a Premier League side (preferably London based) then I don't see him ever playing for us.

Also I can't say I agree with your comment about Chelsea players getting hyped. It seems to me it's only the players who don't play that get hyped. The rest of our squad cops praise and abuse in equal measure, and don't even get me started on the comments about Torres and Mikel.

How would you feel when you outscored the top striker at your club by 2x as many goals at age 19 while starting only half the league games while at age 19. He came back and Mourinho loaned him out. He's going to outscore the strikers again this year. He's anything but disloyal. He's taken his loan spells with aplomb. Ask WBA fans what they think of his loyalty.

And yet he's disappointed when given (admittedly few) opportunities in the first team against top flight opposition. His performance against Bayern was absolutely shameful (and I'm not talking about the missed penalty), and he was ineffective in his cameo appearances in the League as well. If he was banging in goals for us I would understand your position, but if his expectation is that he's our first choice at age 19 without having ever proved himself at a top side then we'd be well to be rid of him. Sturridge was shown the door for the same reason. Drogba had to fight for his place in his first season with us, and I don't see why Lukaku should be any different. I really can't understand this idea that playing for WBA or Everton is the same as playing for Chelsea. It's much easier to score goals when teams are trying to take three points from you rather than one. Also, asking WBA about his loyalty does nothing to endear Lukaku to me. I'm a Chelsea fan; I don't want him to be loyal to WBA or Everton.

As I have read so much about Lukaku, he is level headed, smart & one fine footballer.

If he scores as many as last year & I believe he will, he should ask to leave. His future appears to be elsewhere.

He does not need to be jerked around by Chelsea anymore.

He had the chance to try and break into our first team this season. He requested a loan, and the club obliged him. We've done absolutely nothing wrong by him.

I don't agree with Courtois' repeated loans to Atletico either. The longer he spends time in one place (Madrid) the more settled he'll be. It's even more worrying considering Real Madrid's current goalkeeping situation. Casillas looks like he's on the way out and Lopez is no spring chicken. I think it's almost certain Real Madrid will make a move for him in the next couple of seasons. If we don't call him back next season or at least loan him to a Premier League side (preferably London based) then I don't see him ever playing for us.

And yet he's disappointed when given (admittedly few) opportunities in the first team against top flight opposition. His performance against Bayern was absolutely shameful (and I'm not talking about the missed penalty), and he was ineffective in his cameo appearances in the League as well. If he was banging in goals for us I would understand your position, but if his expectation is that he's our first choice at age 19 without having ever proved himself at a top side then we'd be well to be rid of him. Sturridge was shown the door for the same reason. Drogba had to fight for his place in his first season with us, and I don't see why Lukaku should be any different. I really can't understand this idea that playing for WBA or Everton is the same as playing for Chelsea. It's much easier to score goals when teams are trying to take three points from you rather than one. Also, asking WBA about his loyalty does nothing to endear Lukaku to me. I'm a Chelsea fan; I don't want him to be loyal to WBA or Everton.

He had the chance to try and break into our first team this season. He requested a loan, and the club obliged him. We've done absolutely nothing wrong by him.

You do realise he scored in every pre-season game (iirc) and didn't get a chance to prove himself in the Prem for Chelsea? That IS fighting for your spot, and to be fair, he won the fight vs Torres and Ba by a large margin.

The fact that the whole of England is laughing at us for loaning out our best striker should ring a bell as well.

As far as the Bayern game is concerned, he was brought on when we didn't have a single attacking player left in the team. Our strikers barely touch a ball in our normal formation let alone when we park the bus and sub every attacking threat we have.

You do realise he scored in every pre-season game (iirc) and didn't get a chance to prove himself in the Prem for Chelsea? That IS fighting for your spot, and to be fair, he won the fight vs Torres and Ba by a large margin.

The fact that the whole of England is laughing with us for loaning out our best striker should ring a bell as well.

As far as the Bayern game is concerned, he was brought in when we didn't have a single attacking player left in the team. Our strikers barely touch a ball in our normal formation let alone when we park the bus and sub every attacking threat we have.

Hear hear, fair points for this post, really.

The fact that the whole of England is laughing with us for loaning out our best striker should ring a bell as well.

As far as the Bayern game is concerned, he was brought in when we didn't have a single attacking player left in the team. Our strikers barely touch a ball in our normal formation let alone when we park the bus and sub every attacking threat we have.

Well, I tend to disagree. Lukaku didn't really show me anything in the preseason games ( I didn't watch the asian ones). I don't really understand how you can view him above both Ba and Torres, since both have more experience and both have actually played first team for Chelsea.

Also, Lukaku doesn't even start for Everton nor did he start for most of the matches with West Brom (and who was his competition for both teams?) If lukaku can't start for either teams, why should he gotten a chance to start for Chelsea?