Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Hi, does anyone know if it is a loan until Jan with the option of extension or a season long loan?

I'm glad he's at Everton rather than warming the bench for us; Everton are a fantastic team and he will learn and flourish, with the aim being to bring him back next season so he can compete for the #1 spot.

If he can get a similar or better return of goals at Everton as he did at WBA then the Chelsea management would have to take serious notice. (they arguably should have taken serious notice of him this season..) But let's be positive about this: we have a cracking young striker who is out on loan at a great club with a decent manager where he should learn a lot as a player and compete for a national team spot for the WC. Then we unleash him as our own striker next season...

Hi, does anyone know if it is a loan until Jan with the option of extension or a season long loan?

I'm glad he's at Everton rather than warming the bench for us; Everton are a fantastic team and he will learn and flourish, with the aim being to bring him back next season so he can compete for the #1 spot.

If he can get a similar or better return of goals at Everton as he did at WBA then the Chelsea management would have to take serious notice. (they arguably should have taken serious notice of him this season..) But let's be positive about this: we have a cracking young striker who is out on loan at a great club with a decent manager where he should learn a lot as a player and compete for a national team spot for the WC. Then we unleash him as our own striker next season...

mou has already said that romelu wont be called back in jan

I agree he deserves a place in the squad and he would have done ok this season, but we couldn't offer him the week in week out games (yet) that Martinez and Everton can.

There's a difference between what's best for us and what's best for him though.

In the long run this loanspell is good for him AND us, but for our title aspirations it would've been a relieve to have Lukaku as an option

Think outside the box, he wasn't going to play every game with us, he will at Everton, name me one realistic loan he could have got better than that?

The problem is why was he allowed to score all those goals in pre season and look our best option upfront then be loaned out. I agree the loan at Everton is a fantastic situation for his own development but we really need him back home. We've got these rusty strikers who can't even find the onion bag if they were presented with open goals its hurting us. Even if Lukaku doesn't score he provides a huge distraction with his power and hold up play to open opportunities for others.

i've read an interview that players under 22 dont get many chances in first squad

so that means lukaku will be loaned out again next season

maybe by then he doesn't want to play here anymore because he is getting the feeling that he never will get his spot in the squad

Everton's on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku, who scored the winner after coming off the bench to make his debut, but was knocked out in the process: "I remember nothing about it. I did not even know I had scored, that was the first thing I asked the doc. I said "who scored?" He said "you"

how good was he yesterday. just watched the motd and he was fucking awesome... that diagonal ball to mirallas at the start of the 2nd half - orgasmic. hold up play-brilliant. link up play-seemed good. and still people say "he is not ready"

what the fuck have we done?

I'm only going by MOTD highlights - but fuck me, he looked brilliant for Everton yesterday. Clinical finishing, pace, strength and vision - some of the passes he was making around the corner of the defender... absolutely class. Obviously though he doesn't get that sort of movement in this Chelsea team.

Sadly I don't think he has a future at Chelsea whilst Mourinho is here. He clearly doesn't believe in him.

I'm only going by MOTD highlights - but fuck me, he looked brilliant for Everton yesterday. Clinical finishing, pace, strength and vision - some of the passes he was making around the corner of the defender... absolutely class. Obviously though he doesn't get that sort of movement in this Chelsea team.

Sadly I don't think he has a future at Chelsea whilst Mourinho is here. He clearly doesn't believe in him.

Especially After The penalty miss.

why u say that? i actually felt that jose liked him a lot. i mean even putting lukaku in as a sub against bayern when we were 10 men and to give the responsibility to him to lead the line shows he has faith in him.

i think sending lukaku out on loan was more because we could not find a loan for ba and the board made a very good call by not loaning ba to arsenal after they had already got ozil. that would have strengthened them. so as a last resort and seing no point of having 4 strikers for 1 striker role, we loaned him.

atleast thats my take on it.

Couldn't disagree more. I didn't want him to go out on loan, but I think he has a very long future ahead of him at this club. He has all the tools to fit into a Mourinho system but it was clearly a pragmatic decision to not go into the season with 4 strikers and he was just unlucky to be the only viable option from the view of the management.

Especially After The penalty miss.

So Jose doesn't believe in him, but lets him take the fifth penalty in a cup final?