Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He should have sought advice from an expert on how to answer it in a political manner to keep both sets of supporters sweet. On the other hand it was unprofessional of Everton TV to ask that sort of question anyway.

This.

At least it wasn't a comment made out of the way like Benayoun for Arsenal.

Anyway, like johnnythefirst said earlier, its all just PR crap.

Guy that claims he's a Chelsea fan is hoping we lose. Nothing to get offended about since he's an employee of Everton now but it still rubs me the wrong way,

Just say no comment. Simple as that.

People defending are this hypocrites by the way. Seem to remember everyone slagging off Benayoun for a similar comment a while ago.

I like how you put it as if he said 'I hope they lose', instead of 'I hope we win' .

For the sake of shitstirring? He has to play in front of thousands of Everton fans for a whole year. He needs their support..

No comment would have been better obviously; saying he'd want Chelsea to win on Everton TV would have been retarded

No he didnt say this without thinking, he was talking to everton fc tv. Saying anything else will warrant an unhealthy reception from the fans

He should of been conservative, not for or against either team.

It's not the biggest deal, it doesn't really bother me, but he needs to learn.

Its kind of strange folks are getting defensive when we all but nailed Benayoun to the cross for pretty much saying the same when he was loaned to Arsenal :whistling:

Anyways...no biggie. His heart is in the right place.

What Benayoun said is that he doesn't care about Chelsea and the difference is that it was not just a statement; this attitude was mirrored in his actions whenever he played for us.

As for Lukaku, yeah he probably should have answered differently, but he was probably thinking that this reply would get some Everton fans cheering for him already and that by the time he plays for Chelsea again the Chelsea fans would have long forgotten a silly comment he said on Everton TV.

When asked if he wanted Everton to beat Chelsea, yes was the only public answer he could give in reality. So I have no problem with it and wish him well this season as I'm sure he will give plenty of defences a hard time and may even benefit us with goals against our main rivals.

Is it really any different from Courtois continuously saying he loves life in Madrid? Or any worse than wanting to play against us in the Super Cup last year?

Yes he said he was a lifelong Chelsea fan, and had the stadium tour as a nipper, but then last year he was kissing the West Brom badge. hes fickle like 99% of players -agents and money call the real shots

Indeed, what a disgrace, how dare he not piss off the fans at his new club after 10 minutes. this is obviously how it should have gone...

Everton TV: Romelu, who do you want to win on Saturday?

Lukaku: Chelsea of course - Everton are fucking awful. Last week i was playing with Eden Hazard, this week James McCarthy.. Fuck sake.

His future at Chelsea look really bleak atm, this is truly the make or break season for him. If he score any thing less than 20 goals his future here is done, he will never come back or he will come back and be a sub permanently like Sturridge then leave. Remember last time 17 goals still ain't enough.

To be fair I wouldn't bother too much, next summer a host of other strikers will be available such as Lewan, Rooney..etc. maybe we can sell Lukaku for £15m-£20m then sign Rooney for £20-£30m because he is in to the last year.

His future at Chelsea look really bleak atm, this is truly the make or break season for him. If he score any thing less than 20 goals his future here is done, he will never come back or he will come back and be a sub permanently like Sturridge then leave. Remember last time 17 goals still ain't enough.

To be fair I wouldn't bother too much, next summer a host of other strikers will be available such as Lewan, Rooney..etc. maybe we can sell Lukaku for £15m-£20m then sign Rooney for £20-£30m because he is in to the last year.

He almost didn't played yet. He won't be able to play vs Chelsea. and you still want him to score 20 goals?

The boy is 20 years old for crying out loud! Lewandowski is more than likely to go Bayern and Rooney is no certainty either way. I am sure Mourinho sees Lukaku as a big player for us in the future. He feels he is doing what is best for him. Sell Lukaku for £15-20m? Please be serious, that should never even be on the agenda. Too much potential to get rid off. Would be a ludicrous thing to do considering what his future value will bring and hopefully the goals he gets with us.

If he scores 20 goals this season, not only will he be PFA young player of the year, but regard a top 3 striker in the PL.

:worship::worship::worship: brilliant, just brilliant.

If he scores 20 goals this season, not only will he be PFA young player of the year, but regard a top 3 striker in the PL.

And that is what he will need to do to lead our line. Our club only accept the best, especially young players. Just being decent won't cut it anymore. Remember Sturridge had a brilliant loan at Bolton then still came back and be our sub.

He almost didn't played yet. He won't be able to play vs Chelsea. and you still want him to score 20 goals?

Yes he will have to score 20 goals in the remaining 33 matches to prove his worth.

The boy is 20 years old for crying out loud! Lewandowski is more than likely to go Bayern and Rooney is no certainty either way. I am sure Mourinho sees Lukaku as a big player for us in the future. He feels he is doing what is best for him. Sell Lukaku for £15-20m? Please be serious, that should never even be on the agenda. Too much potential to get rid off. Would be a ludicrous thing to do considering what his future value will bring and hopefully the goals he gets with us.

Like I said, at our club only the very best young players get to stay because we got a lot of talented young players, being talented is not enough anymore. I know wasn't being specific with a striker just pointing out 1-2 obvious names. Maybe Jose does but like I said it all depends on his form. Potential is not enough.