Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2013/03/15/ben-foster-warns-stoke-of-romelu-lukaku-threat/

I apologize if someone already posted this interview with Ben Foster talking about Romelu. Lots of encouraging stuff in this interview. I'm glad Lukaku is coming back. The timing is right to get that young Belgian nucleus together on the pitch for Chelsea next season, growing together. It won't be hard to find backup strikers to play behind him.

Man United is looking for Lewandowski. They already have Rvp, Rooney,Chicarito, Welbeck. City will probably end with Jovetic along Aguero, Dzeko/Tevez. Lpool has Suarez, Danny and possibly Gameiro to join.

I love Lukaku idea of being starter, BUT we will never make it top two if we start season with Lukaku, Ba and Torres/Lambert/Kone...get real Rvp, Suarez, Aguero can score 20goals+, Lukaku might end with 15-18, but he wont have same effect in our team. When opponent plays vs Wba they dont press as much as they do against Chelsea. Besides, comparing Rvp, Suarez and Aguero with Lukaku is that they can decide the game alone. Lukaku is more a target man or poacher ala Higuain/Gomez who score lot of goals, but cant produce brilliance regulary. Lukaku is young and is evolving, but he isnt the man to lead Chelsea yet. Our striker must be good enough to ease the pressure from Mata and Hazard, Lukaku is more in development and needs to develop further. Either we loan him or make him second striker, because I feel that as much fantastic he is now and I would pick him as starter now over Ba or Torres anyday, but next season he wont fulfill the expectarions and we will be dissapointed. Sure he deserves a chance, but if we want to try win PL next year or be competitive with Manchesters and in CL, we need striker ala Cavani. Or we can play Lukaku, make him world class striker, but next season will be similar to this one. Period.

Man United is looking for Lewandowski. They already have Rvp, Rooney,Chicarito, Welbeck. City will probably end with Jovetic along Aguero, Dzeko/Tevez. Lpool has Suarez, Danny and possibly Gameiro to join.

I love Lukaku idea of being starter, BUT we will never make it top two if we start season with Lukaku, Ba and Torres/Lambert/Kone...get real Rvp, Suarez, Aguero can score 20goals+, Lukaku might end with 15-18, but he wont have same effect in our team. When opponent plays vs Wba they dont press as much as they do against Chelsea. Besides, comparing Rvp, Suarez and Aguero with Lukaku is that they can decide the game alone. Lukaku is more a target man or poacher ala Higuain/Gomez who score lot of goals, but cant produce brilliance regulary. Lukaku is young and is evolving, but he isnt the man to lead Chelsea yet. Our striker must be good enough to ease the pressure from Mata and Hazard, Lukaku is more in development and needs to develop further. Either we loan him or make him second striker, because I feel that as much fantastic he is now and I would pick him as starter now over Ba or Torres anyday, but next season he wont fulfill the expectarions and we will be dissapointed. Sure he deserves a chance, but if we want to try win PL next year or be competitive with Manchesters and in CL, we need striker ala Cavani. Or we can play Lukaku, make him world class striker, but next season will be similar to this one. Period.

Nah brah, Your being too optimistic. If Ba and Lukaku are the number 1s, we are aiming for top 4, not top 2... Also, we are probably making it to group of 16 in UCL....

Nah brah, Your being too optimistic. If Ba and Lukaku are the number 1s, we are aiming for top 4, not top 2... Also, we are probably making it to group of 16 in UCL....

That's amazing - you can predict that based solely on our strikers and not making any mention of the midfield (which is the root of every single fucking problem we have right now) we might have?

We can win the league with Ba and Lukaku up front, although I think we need a third similar to Kalou (could well be Moses) IF we strengthen the double pivot. We have enough goals behind the striker in my opinion, we just need a striker who does what Lukaku does.

It's very easy to say we should buy a big name striker but that has implications - to our ability to spend in other areas, our promotion of young players like Lukaku and it's not without risk.

We need to start doing things the right way and if we're not going do that voluntarily, then maybe we need to be forced to do it by missing out on the CL for a season. There are instances throughout sport of circumstances forcing teams to make the changes that eventually bring them success - maybe we need to be forced to do things we're too stupid/scared/timid to do ourselves.

I prefer positioning/workrate/finishing over technical aspects in our ST, and lukaku has those, ok there are ones who will be better in link-up play n stuff, but thats not quite what we need, we need one that is willing to run to/keep defenders buzy, and i can assure, the fridge will keep them buzy, liverpool defenders couldn't sleep prolly after he passed through. Someone who we can play a ball to and hold it while we counter, presses much.. and lukaku is good enough in all of those already.

That's like the most depressing shit I've heard all day . I know well with Lukaku and Ba , It'd be more of a miracle winning any trophies but theirs a thing called fate ^__^

That's amazing - you can predict that based solely on our strikers and not making any mention of the midfield (which is the root of every single fucking problem we have right now) we might have?

We can win the league with Ba and Lukaku up front, although I think we need a third similar to Kalou (could well be Moses) IF we strengthen the double pivot. We have enough goals behind the striker in my opinion, we just need a striker who does what Lukaku does.

It's very easy to say we should buy a big name striker but that has implications - to our ability to spend in other areas, our promotion of young players like Lukaku and it's not without risk.

We need to start doing things the right way and if we're not going do that voluntarily, then maybe we need to be forced to do it by missing out on the CL for a season. There are instances throughout sport of circumstances forcing teams to make the changes that eventually bring them success - maybe we need to be forced to do things we're too stupid/scared/timid to do ourselves.

Well, lets look, keeping everything constant on Chelsea (besides Lukaku coming in) Also, I've stating many times how are midfield sucks, if you did not know....

1. Man U= Is Man U going to get worse next year? Probably not, if anything they are going to make another marque signing and improve somewhat.

2. Man City= This year they def. underachieved, so, in most likelihood, Mancini is out and potentially the new manager will bring some positive energy to the club. Also, they will prob bring in another highly ranked forward.

Can Chelsea overtake them? Possibly, but realistically, probably not.....

Also, what UCL team has a 20 year old leading the line? 00000000

I prefer positioning/workrate/finishing over technical aspects in our ST, and lukaku has those, ok there are ones who will be better in link-up play n stuff, but thats not quite what we need, we need one that is willing to run to/keep defenders buzy, and i can assure, the fridge will keep them buzy, liverpool defenders couldn't sleep prolly after he passed through. Someone who we can play a ball to and hold it while we counter, presses much.. and lukaku is good enough in all of those already.

We need a hold up striker and a person that can link the ball well to everyone else...... Ba kind of does that, Torres tries, but he's not that type of player...

I don't really see Lukaku as that type of forward yet.........(Maybe he will develop into that, however, as of now, why bring him in, when he can play first team at WBA?)

We don't need 3 strikers who can score over 20 something goals each because Oscar, Hazard and Mata are goal scoring players too. Mata has 18 this season, Oscar has 9, Hazard has 11, Ba has 16(?) and Torres has 18. Thats 72 goals between 5 players even though Ba scored 12 or 13 for Newcastle. I'm unsure whether or not my numbers are right though, I was trying to recall from the top of my head haha. Also throw in Lampard, Cahill, JT, Ivanovic, Luiz, players who are all capable of scoring goals too. As long as other players are scoring and helping the strkers we have, we don't exactly need 3 20-25 goal a season strikers. We could do with the option tbh but if we take Lukaku back, keep Torres and Ba then I think we will be fine if the MF players also help out. Plus if we don't loan Romelu and sign Falcao or Cavani how will he get games? He wont........ we need to start playing the younger guys regardless of 'we could have Cavani or Falcao'

I don't really see Lukaku as that type of forward yet.........(Maybe he will develop into that, however, as of now, why bring him in, when he can play first team at WBA?)

Because, unless we pay more than 30M there aren't better options.

Btw manu will have to be happy if they end in top 3 next year, with another year for giggs/scholes/rvp/ferdinand/vidic... they will feel that. Pretty confident here in top 2 next year, even if we didn't buy anyone else.

Because, unless we pay more than 30M there aren't better options.

Btw manu will have to be happy if they end in top 3 next year, with another year for giggs/scholes/rvp/ferdinand/vidic... they will feel that. Pretty confident here in top 2 next year, even if we didn't buy anyone else.

RVP still has a good amount of years left in his prime...

However, the other 4 are probably declining.... I can see them signing a CMF though.

Give the kid some fucking support. I know you love the idea of us buying every single player in the world, but saying we can't finish top 2 with a guy who shows so much already is ridiculous. He has the right attitude, he loves this club and he's scored 13 goals in his first proper season in the league.

The teams you're mentioning DON'T have the goals from other areas like we do. Look at Mata and Hazard - we need a guy who runs the right lines to create space for these guys, and chips in with a dozen or so league goals. I'm fed up with the constant slighting of our youngsters. You said Chalobah wasn't ready in another thread, I asked why and I got radio fucking silence.

This kid has the tools. This kid has the attitude. He needs the support and he needs a chance.

But yeah, let's go buy Cavani who is UNPROVEN IN THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE (that's the one we play in FYI).

What the f?

I give Lukaku all support, as I said we could play with him next season, but it will PROBABLY end with similar results as this season. Sure then people (probably you too) will be mad because we play bad and we didnt sign striker and because Lukaku could dissapoint and fans would want him leave...

But if you want to be equal to top teams, you must buy top striker. Real has Higuain, Benzema and Morata (+Cr) and they want one more. Same with United, City, Bayern,...I believe Lukaku will be our main striker in few years, but allmost certainly not next year. He is too young and what will we do if he underperforms? Buy striker in winter? Im not saying we need ten strikers, but 1 that will do the job every game. A more experienced/older one to leave place when Lukaku is truly ready. I dont even say we need Cavani or Falcao, could be Lewandowski, Jovetic, Martunez, Villa, or other cheaper proven strikers that can lead out attack if lukaku struggles.

And about that I want us to buy every single player you must be biased to think so. I never jump on bandwagon like many people here when someone like Isco, Falcao, Rooney scores screamer then we should sign him. If I mention 10 players, sure I would love see them here, I mean you wouldnt? But i would never actualy say that we should buy them. If we need Cb, DM, CM and striker we need them, not because I said so, but because Lamps, terry will retire eventualy, torres is shit, Marin could leave, Luiz is unconsistent (but I never said him or Mikel who are very hated here among people to leave), and team like Chelsea needs top players. If you think that all our youth players will now become big players after knowing history with our youth players is ridiculous. Yes I want them to suceed here, but come on, we dont even have proper board and coach to make them stars. Neither Roman has patience with them.

If saying that we need striker and midfielder/defender are players from whole world, then fuck you too. Dont say something that is not true.