Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

No, most people that want Lukaku to come back next season want him to be our main striker, basically sharing minutes with Demba Ba and a third choice striker. The general consensus is that if Lukaku is to be our main man next season then Torres has to go. If we sign another big striker it's only natural that Lukaku goes on loan because as you rightly said, it'll hamper his development otherwise.

We need to bring Lukaku back and then bring another striker then we'll be good for the next season. Demba Ba and Romelu can rotate like Didier did with guddy back in 04-05 then give Romelu as much support as possible like we did with Didier and I'm telling you he'll be an absolute monster. He's learning quickly and he's improving all the time let's not do another Sturridge please and lets actually give this guy all the support he need's. I don't want another club like Liverpool getting the fruits of our labour we need to learn from the sturridge mistake.

We need to bring Lukaku back and then bring another striker then we'll be good for the next season. Demba Ba and Romelu can rotate like Didier did with guddy back in 04-05 then give Romelu as much support as possible like we did with Didier and I'm telling you he'll be an absolute monster. He's learning quickly and he's improving all the time let's not do another Sturridge please and lets actually give this guy all the support he need's. I don't want another club like Liverpool getting the fruits of our labour we need to learn from the sturridge mistake.

The only question remains...who will be the other striker at Chelsea next season?

Torres is bound to still be here next season so we'll have Lukaku, Torres and Ba. If we break the bank for a genius striker like Falcao and get rid of Torres then great but I do believe Lukaku is ready. He's scored at a good rate in the premier league including a goal at Anfield. If he can score in the prem for WBA, why not for us? Makes no sense. He's not the finished article but he's a beast and will be for us. We spent a lot on this kid, he will make it.

Torres is bound to still be here next season so we'll have Lukaku, Torres and Ba. If we break the bank for a genius striker like Falcao and get rid of Torres then great but I do believe Lukaku is ready. He's scored at a good rate in the premier league including a goal at Anfield. If he can score in the prem for WBA, why not for us? Makes no sense. He's not the finished article but he's a beast and will be for us. We spent a lot on this kid, he will make it.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong about Torres staying. I hopeful that the board/Roman finally give up hope on him. It will be difficult to get rid of him, but I think we might be able to loan him, paying a good portion of his salary.

I don't see Falcao coming, he is 27 and will cost a ton with his transfer fee and wages...not a good bargain.

All bench warmer like signings are inconsistent with their finishing i guess, hence why they are just squad players. I like Cameron Jerome, he's strong, quick and scores from range and with his head. Stoke don't use him enough imo i've always personally rated him. So if we look for cheap, squad like signings, he works.

I don't think we're looking for this type of player though.

Man Utd and Man City have 4 very good strikers (when City had the nutter). We need at least 3 very good strikers.

I don't get the idea of stacking up mediocre players.

Torres is mediocre to say the least, Ba is good but not a beast, Lukaku isn't the finished product yet.

If we had a brave board, we would offload Torres no matter what, Buy Cavani and bring Lukaku back to sub. Ba was never more then a temp imo. We would be set for years to come.

All bench warmer like signings are inconsistent with their finishing i guess, hence why they are just squad players. I like Cameron Jerome, he's strong, quick and scores from range and with his head. Stoke don't use him enough imo i've always personally rated him. So if we look for cheap, squad like signings, he works.

I don't think we're looking for this type of player though.

Man Utd and Man City have 4 very good strikers (when City had the nutter). We need at least 3 very good strikers.

Again. ManU and City play with 2 or 3 strikers in their starting XI. We play with 1. 4 strikers for 2 spots is fine. 3 strikers for 1 spot means the #3 striker will basically never play.

I don't get the idea of stacking up mediocre players.

Torres is mediocre to say the least, Ba is good but not a beast, Lukaku isn't the finished product yet.

If we had a brave board, we would offload Torres no matter what, Buy Cavani and bring Lukaku back to sub. Ba was never more then a temp imo. We would be set for years to come.

I think the board may well look to offload Torres. The problem is there may be takers for him regardless of how bad his form has reduced but no one is going to pay over £100,000 a week for a now mediocre player. Torres for sure will not want to half his wages. He is on £185,000 or around there if I am right. No club are going to give him wages around there now unless they are mad. Torres may just be fine playing a rotational role if it means getting those crazy wages here again next season. Only Anzhi realistically IMO can match his wage demands and whether he fancies a move to Russia, I am not quite sure.

I don't know why we haven't looked at Moses as a third striker. If we bring back De Bruyne and Piazon then that's more players for the wing, so why not just look at him for that position?

I don't know if our board are that brave, but I think they might be that stupid. We have holes around the pitch that need filling and buying a 26 year old striker, unproven in the EPL to play instead of one of the brightest striking talents in the British Isles would be about 10 steps back into 2010-2011territory.

People can always say Lukaku isn't the finished product because footballers never stop developing. He could realistically score 20 goals at West Brom this year and people would still say he isn't ready because he hasn't been tested at Champions League level, and that's a fair comment. But at some point you have to take the plunge.

The kid has wanted to play for this club all his life and he seems to be something of a perfectionist - I guarantee that there won't be a point in time in the next 10 years when he won't put pressure on himself in his Chelsea (second) debut. But you see some people in life who just have 'it'. They step up when they need to and he seems to be one of those guys.

I love what he said about the Champions League trophy because it shows he's a real winner and real winners don't put any value on unearned success, whereas cunts like Bosingwa want to make sure everyone knows they had a part in winning a trophy. Put the ball in this guy's hands and I think he'll do us proud.

I agree. The third striker will probably never play anyway but I'd be completely fine with Moses as an emergency striker. Lukaku has certainly earned his chance at Chelsea. In an ideal world, I'd prefer to see him as our #2 striker, starting about 25 games and subbing into another 25 behind a world-class striker but we're sort of in between as I see Ba more as a #2 striker as well and Torres as #3. The Torres signing has been so awful, I think pretty easily the worst in history not just for the insane money he cost and his incompetence, but because of the seemingly endless negative domino effect it has had. The only downside of bringing Lukaku back to me is that we have to fix our system so that strikers can succeed. Lukaku or anyone would not score many goals on this Chelsea team because we don't create chances for strikers. A new manager should be able to install a system that benefits our strikers more though.

I don't know why we haven't looked at Moses as a third striker. If we bring back De Bruyne and Piazon then that's more players for the wing, so why not just look at him for that position?

I don't know if our board are that brave, but I think they might be that stupid. We have holes around the pitch that need filling and buying a 26 year old striker, unproven in the EPL to play instead of one of the brightest striking talents in the British Isles would be about 10 steps back into 2010-2011territory.

People can always say Lukaku isn't the finished product because footballers never stop developing. He could realistically score 20 goals at West Brom this year and people would still say he isn't ready because he hasn't been tested at Champions League level, and that's a fair comment. But at some point you have to take the plunge.

The kid has wanted to play for this club all his life and he seems to be something of a perfectionist - I guarantee that there won't be a point in time in the next 10 years when he won't put pressure on himself in his Chelsea (second) debut. But you see some people in life who just have 'it'. They step up when they need to and he seems to be one of those guys.

I love what he said about the Champions League trophy because it shows he's a real winner and real winners don't put any value on unearned success, whereas cunts like Bosingwa want to make sure everyone knows they had a part in winning a trophy. Put the ball in this guy's hands and I think he'll do us proud.

Very valid point! Still, that is a LOT of weight on those young shoulders. Personally, I would try it with Lukaku, though.