Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He doesn't know... All he has actually said is that he wouldn't think we would loan him because of how needle he had been doing. So we will see. I really want to see him in a Chelsea shirt but if we buy Falcao putting him on the bench for a season could make his progress go backwards as opposed forwards which another loan spell could do.

BREAKING NEWS

belgian media are officialy reporting Romelu will return to Chelsea after this season!! The article comes from a good news website and i believe it.

The article says West Bromwich' coach told the media that Lukaku will return

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20130315_011

BREAKING NEWS

belgian media are officialy reporting Romelu will return to Chelsea after this season!! The article comes from a good news website and i believe it.

The article says West Bromwich' coach told the media that Lukaku will return

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail.aspx?artikelid=DMF20130315_011

B-but I posted it ten hours ago.

I'm not sure if I agree with him returning yet...he has found a nice niche at West Brom and the more minutes he plays the better.

Hate the move. It reeks of desparation. The kid is 19. He really needs more time at West Brom to develop certain aspects that are lacking. It's not that he's not talented it just that he's going to go from super sub with occasional starts with a mid table club to Champions League caliber team and either be the main guy or play in a squad role. Either way it's a no win situation if he's the guy that's an awful lot of pressure to put on a 20 yer old who has never beena full time starter. If he's playing a squad role then what's the point?

If he stays at West Brom he expands his role into being the main striker and gets experience playing a full tiem schedule.

He's certainly capable of making the transition but he's coming back to play in FA cup 4th round matches etc the there's no point.

Like I said it's not about Lukaku being capable as I don't think that's the question. It's about the immense pressure of being the main guy at Chelsea without ever being the main guy in a top five league. Frankly, it's one of the best ways for an immensely talented player to fail, to have expectations to be the main scorer on one of the world's best clubs without having been the full time striker in a comparable league.

Hate the move. It reeks of desparation. The kid is 19. He really needs more time at West Brom to develop certain aspects that are lacking. It's not that he's not talented it just that he's going to go from super sub with occasional starts with a mid table club to Champions League caliber team and either be the main guy or play in a squad role. Either way it's a no win situation if he's the guy that's an awful lot of pressure to put on a 20 yer old who has never beena full time starter. If he's playing a squad role then what's the point? If he stays at West Brom he expands his role into being the main striker and gets experience playing a full tiem schedule. He's certainly capable of making the transition but he's coming back to play in FA cup 4th round matches etc the there's no point.

he already is the Main striker at WBA ,,must be tried at the Bridge now ,,,if youre good enough youre old enough ....he is certainly big enough ...

Hate the move. It reeks of desparation. The kid is 19. He really needs more time at West Brom to develop certain aspects that are lacking. It's not that he's not talented it just that he's going to go from super sub with occasional starts with a mid table club to Champions League caliber team and either be the main guy or play in a squad role. Either way it's a no win situation if he's the guy that's an awful lot of pressure to put on a 20 yer old who has never beena full time starter. If he's playing a squad role then what's the point? If he stays at West Brom he expands his role into being the main striker and gets experience playing a full tiem schedule. He's certainly capable of making the transition but he's coming back to play in FA cup 4th round matches etc the there's no point.

Umm... but...

Your name...?

Lukaku, scores a goal every 104 minutes in the most competitive league in the world. He is ready.

We will almost definitely offload Torres this summer (crossing fingers), and will need a replacement. Ba doesn't exactly have perfect knees, and will need plenty of rest. I don't foresee a problem with playing time.

Pressure? He has been in the spotlight since age 16, and seems to have good head on his shoulders, I don't see it becoming an issue.

Hm good to play in top club, but not ready yet for Chelsea. Board logic...

How can you say he is not ready yet? He is scoring on a regular basis for WBA. IMO he would shine here next season. We can't say he is not ready for us when he is doing better than both our current strikers and is going to be a year older next season. We would be stupid not to give him a chance. I think he will shine next season, especially training and playing with better players.

How can you say he is not ready yet? He is scoring on a regular basis for WBA. IMO he would shine here next season. We can't say he is not ready for us when he is doing better than both our current strikers and is going to be a year older next season. We would be stupid not to give him a chance. I think he will shine next season, especially training and playing with better players.

Dude I think he is ready to play for us, but Board will probably fuck up...

Also, if we buy another striker in the summer, do you guys really want Lukaku to come in as the 4th striker for us?

No, most people that want Lukaku to come back next season want him to be our main striker, basically sharing minutes with Demba Ba and a third choice striker. The general consensus is that if Lukaku is to be our main man next season then Torres has to go. If we sign another big striker it's only natural that Lukaku goes on loan because as you rightly said, it'll hamper his development otherwise.