Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He will be better than Cavani in 2 seasons...

Haha, I love your optimism. People need to get down to earth and not get too excited. I know it's hard not to, because he's been really good at West Brom and improved vastly and rapidly this season.

But he's still raw as well. In 3-4 years time you will probably be able to see weither he'll reach the pinnacle of football or be just a decent striker.

He's only 19, but with a better physique than most 28 year olds. Most 19 year old strikers aren't as effective because their bodies aren't fully developed yet.

He has the right attitude though. With proper guidance and training he SHOULD become great.

With regard to some mentioning AVB as having wanted him at Chelsea: I doubt that is the case, because as far as I can remember Chelsea was monitoring him already before AVB signed at the club. Whatever of course. Plenty of reasons to be happy he's in Chelsea's ranks.

Last week I saw a replay of a ManU vs Real game. And when I saw Van Nistelrooy play I could not but think that Lukaku's game play looks a lot like his . Very active up front. Going after long balls in the corner, not afraid of taking on players and sending in a cross even when that's not his best quality, always available for the team and an ever-present danger in the box. The kind of player a defense is never done with: he can score but is also of huge importance for the team as a whole. Anybody agreeing?

With regard to some mentioning AVB as having wanted him at Chelsea: I doubt that is the case, because as far as I can remember Chelsea was monitoring him already before AVB signed at the club. Whatever of course. Plenty of reasons to be happy he's in Chelsea's ranks.

Last week I saw a replay of a ManU vs Real game. And when I saw Van Nistelrooy play I could not but think that Lukaku's game play looks a lot like his . Very active up front. Going after long balls in the corner, not afraid of taking on players and sending in a cross even when that's not his best quality, always available for the team and an ever-present danger in the box. The kind of player a defense is never done with: he can score but is also of huge importance for the team as a whole. Anybody agreeing?

Next year he would not start many games for Chelsea.

If we continue with Hazard Oscar Mata behind the striker, we need a forward who is good technically and can make space with short runs, dummies with very good timing.

West Brom as we saw when we played against them sits very deep and Lukaku is quite good when he can run in spaces.

I could see us using him as a sub, where he could outrun the defenders and outpace them towards the goal.

Yeh on that department he kinda looks like him, also helps with link-up play / defence when his side is having trouble on their own side (although i wouldnt like this at national team/Chelsea tho, should stay up front then so they have someone to hold the ball when they want to counter), and yeh he has been a trouble for most defences, liverpool(twice) sure will agree on that one ;).

Romelu Lukaku scored his 13th goal of the season on Saturday as West Brom recorded an impressive 2-1 win against Capital One Cup winners Swansea at The Hawthorns.

In doing so, the 19-year-old Belgian became the highest scoring teenager in the Premier League since Michael Owen for Liverpool in 1999.

article-0-1891181A000005DC-404_634x332.j

So here's a nice stat:

Lukaku scored 13 goals in 13 games and a total of 1713 minutes.

Now listen to the stats of our complete attacking force:

Torres (7), Ba (2) & Moses (1) score a total of 10 goals (together!!) and this in a total of 3144 minutes.

tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-what-0030

So here's a nice stat:

Torres (7), Ba (2) & Moses (1) score a total of 10 goals (together!!) and this in a total of 3144 minutes.

Nice stat & love the crackhead bob reference too :D

Lets not get too carried away here. Demba Ba has a decen record overall this and last season, too. Romelu is blessed with an extraordinary athleticism, but there is now way he will be as good as Cavani or van Nistelrooy that soon, and that is okay, he is only 19 but still already has the ability to break any defense down on his day. But Cavani and van Nistelroy, prior to their athleticism score(d) most goals on courtesy of their amazing technique, from all kinds of positions, they can dribble, curl, shoot from distance and have an amazing first touch. When you look at the great strikers, they score great goals in big matches, cos u do not get many chances in these games it often takes sth extraordinary to score in there. Remember this dribbling+goal from van Nistelrooy from an angle of about 5° or his countless close chest controls and perfectly placed volley finishes? Seen these incredible 30m curler from Cavani or his nutmeg+faint to get through 3 defenders? Till we see Romelu do sth like this, lets stay on our toes aprreciate his development and wait with the comparisons.

So what do we want? do we want a striker that has close chest controls and perfectly placed volleys while dribbling 3 opponents? I am not sure Lukaku could NOT do these things (see his goals), but what we have been lacking is a clinical finisher. He is the real deal when this is the issue, even at 19 in the EPL.

He did it at Anderlecht being 16 and becoming the Jupiler League topscorer in 2010, he did it in europe scoring his first two goals against Ajax on the highest stage in december 2009 (Thats more then 3 years ago! He was sixteen then - he totalled 4 goals during that short Anderlecht campaign) and he did it with the NT scoring 8 goals so far. I personally loved seeing him rip Russia open! See below for the power house goal - his first and second for the NT ... and what a goal it is!! check that second goal :-)

So .... GET THAT GUY BACK HERE AND PUT HI IN A BLUE SHIRT INSTEAD OF TORRES

Booya! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

So here's a nice stat:

No it's something like 13 goals in 26 games not 13 games... so 1 goal every 2 games.

That's very good btw

Heskey was actually a decent young player to be fair to him.

Yea, I'd say Heskey could be compared to Kalou....they were never the most gifted of footballers but they tried their best on the pitch and they scored the odd important goal for their respective clubs...

Yea, I'd say Heskey could be compared to Kalou....they were never the most gifted of footballers but they tried their best on the pitch and they scored the odd important goal for their respective clubs...

Young Heskey was faaaar better than Kalou ever was or will be.