Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

In less minutes on the pitch too right? :Goober:

Here are the highlights of the entire match. Better way to show the energy of Lukaku:

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/reading-vs-west-brom-32-highlights-YGpIdrSDL7r9FgX5

my bad totally missed this when reading the thread..

Something smells fishy at Stamford.

When I see Lukaku popping goals in, I just wonder whether those at Stamford are seeing it too ?

If this kid is not offered a real chance to play for Chelsea next year, something is seriously wrong with the team, I feel.

It´s a pleasure to see him on the pitch. His size, relentless drive on the net, scoring touch, he is going to set the PL on fire, providing Chelsea won´t screw him up.

Him,Ba and lewandowski is my dream strike force for next season.

Too many strikers. City and United can get away with having 4 strikers because they play with two at the same time so it's 4 players for 2 spots. We have one striker position so whoever the third striker is would never get to play. If you're going to buy Falcao or Lewandowski or any big name striker, you want him starting 35-40 games. That leaves 20-25 more starts. Last year, we played 61 games and our #3 striker started 4 times. Is Ba going to be happy starting 10 games a year? Is Lukaku going to develop barely getting to play? Chelsea need two strikers and then someone else who can play there if needed. I'm also fine with having our third striker as someone from the academy who could fill in, in case of emergency much like Ake is doing this year.

Lukaku just needed to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond

I just think he's better when he has space in front of him.

He's a counter-attack forward.

Football is a funny game, his header and shot to the bar deserved to be a goal while his second goal was poor play by the goalkeeper.

Too many strikers. City and United can get away with having 4 strikers because they play with two at the same time so it's 4 players for 2 spots. We have one striker position so whoever the third striker is would never get to play. If you're going to buy Falcao or Lewandowski or any big name striker, you want him starting 35-40 games. That leaves 20-25 more starts. Last year, we played 61 games and our #3 striker started 4 times. Is Ba going to be happy starting 10 games a year? Is Lukaku going to develop barely getting to play? Chelsea need two strikers and then someone else who can play there if needed. I'm also fine with having our third striker as someone from the academy who could fill in, in case of emergency much like Ake is doing this year.

if we continue with single striker it makes sense to use Moses as the third .

We cannot have more than 2 quality strikers with the formation we are running.

So, first of all we need to get rid of Torres. Hopefully that happens in the summer. Then, if we are buying someone like Falcao/Cavani, and we still have Ba, recalling Lukaku under those circumstances would be stuipid.

I cannot see Ba leaving us in the summer already, so I am really worried what will happen with Lukaku. Im afraid someone will buy him.

Ideal for me would be Falcao/Cavani + Lukaku. But what happens with Ba?

We cannot have more than 2 quality strikers with the formation we are running.

So, first of all we need to get rid of Torres. Hopefully that happens in the summer. Then, if we are buying someone like Falcao/Cavani, and we still have Ba, recalling Lukaku under those circumstances would be stuipid.

I cannot see Ba leaving us in the summer already, so I am really worried what will happen with Lukaku. Im afraid someone will buy him.

Ideal for me would be Falcao/Cavani + Lukaku. But what happens with Ba?

At the minute that isn't a problem as we only have Ba, but I see what you mean should we go and sign another forward in the summer, ie. Cavani, Falcao or Lewandowski.

The potential has always been there but to be honest I wasn't expecting him to make such an impact this season, especially given the fact he wasn't even a starter at first. Recently Clarke has trusted him more and that has paid off, I believe Lukaku now has like 7 goals in 8 starts or something.

Could no doubt do the job at Chelsea already but I think it's best he stays on loan for at least another year before coming back. I'm sure Lukaku agrees too, and he should have no problem going on loan if we assure him he has a future at the club and the plan is to make him a key player for our team within a few years. If Clarke stays at WBA beyond this season, Romelu should stay there and not go to another club where he will once again have to settle in first. A 20 goal season guaranteed if he's still at West Brom next year.