Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Think of it this way: A 19year old Chelsea kid almost became the gamewinner against the current EPL Champions! This with only 10 minutes of playing time!

in this 10 minutes he managed to create 3(or 4 if you consider that low cross) good scoring opportunities. He was just not fortunate enough that none of his chances pulled off!

Don't worry too much about that header. Lukaku is able to score headers without doubt (remember his goal against Liverpool & plenty of goals at Anderlecht).

Does he need to return to Chelsea in winter?

Well clearly he needs to play! So I wouldn't want him on the chelsea bench. OK one of his biggest advantages is that you can send him on as a supersub in minute 75th because he can have a huge impact on games pushing the defense to it's limits in the last minutes of the game.

But like the rest of you guys here... I barely see Nando getting substituted in the last 1,5 season (even Moses isn't really getting chances). So if RDM is not planning to change our CF more often at the end of the games ... I don't think a return of Lukaku to Chelsea before summer is a good idea!

He did, however, intimate that the club may recall Romelu Lukaku in January, given his form for West Brom and the fact Chelsea only have two central strikers in Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge.

"There's an option in January for us. It's a one-year loan but we have a clause. He's had a good impact."

http://soccernet.esp...it-talk?cc=5901

Yeah well. Lukaku might have scored, but the reactions on the Bromwich forum aren't that positive. He looks like a player with two faces to them. One is a crybaby fumbling the ball, two is the Lukaku that destroys defenders. Good thing he is still young, because he needs to work harder! He missed quite a few chances as well. If he was more clinical, WBA should have won....

Oh well, he can't be worse then Torres ....

Good to hear Pardew congratulating him. It's not like the one on one situations are a weak point of him. But he got on with his game and then scored in the 2nd half. Has clearly made progress already this season, and at his age, there still has to be much more time for improving aspects of his game.

I think this guy will have the drogba effect. Not saying he plays like him, saying that he is such a freak athelete, that he will creat chances for himself and others. Once he improves his finishing and touch, the guy will be a monster.

The potential for this guy is crazy high. He's the kind of striker that will easily employ an entire back 4 by himself. Good luck dealing with the 3 maestros then. He makes so many strong runs in behind it's crazy, just like Torres used to (even when I try to forget about him, I can't). And, on top of that he's soo big and strong that he can play with his back to the goal (not that good yet though, but he's improving).

Plus I've been impressed with his dribbling too.

Watched MOTD2. Yes he was largely wasteful with a few of his chances but as he matures his finishing will improve, but despite that the assuring thing is that his movement against Newcastle was first class and constantly got himself into goalscoring opportunities and along with his pace to burn, his power also helps him. Once he gets more clinical we have a potentially goalscoring hero at Chelsea here. Think people are forgetting the fact that he is still only 19 and turns 20 next year.