Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's not just about the money. If you recall players from loan, teams might not be as interested in taking your players in the future. After all, it does put them in a bind. If they weren't using the player, you can just bring them back, but someone like Lukaku is important to WBA and bringing him back would hurt them. Obviously, if we get a major injury and have no choice it's one thing, but if you are just recalling people because you want some more depth, then you may find it difficult to work out loan arrangements in the future. Besides, he clearly still has things he needs to work on and WBA is a good situation for him to get some playing time and work on them.

Some of the West Brom fans getting annoyed at him apparently. Been told that some are calling him lazy, and another compared him to Ishmael Miller.

That might be a little too harsh. On their forums they do agree he had a bad game (after they were singing his praise last matches).

References such as 'headless chicken, gigling girl, unfocused when coming on' were present, where others didn't have any problem with the Long/Lukaku substitution ...

Romelu clearly still has a lot too learn - mentally and technically and hopefully he will, cause i never saw him as an player that realizes when he has to adapt/change. Also, back in his Anderlecht days, he had a lot more confidence than now. He seems the kind of player that thrives on successes and confidence to get his motivation level up where it should be.

After all that has been said. Let's keep in mind the boy is only 19 (born May 93) ...

Work for it Lukaku, Work!!

• 2 weeks later...

didnt any1 see lukaku's performance last night. pretty impressive for me. had 3 great chances. missed a cross once, a bloody awesome overhead kick, and another shot from 8 yards out which was cleard off the line. this guy deserves a chance from us.

didnt any1 see lukaku's performance last night. pretty impressive for me. had 3 great chances. missed a cross once, a bloody awesome overhead kick, and another shot from 8 yards out which was cleard off the line. this guy deserves a chance from us.

My problem is that he three fantastic chances and failed to convert all of them.

Shane Long's goal with clinical.

My problem is that he three fantastic chances and failed to convert all of them.

Shane Long's goal with clinical.

true but any other day he would have had atleast 2. the overhead kick was just brilliant . also his positioning n poaching seems to be awesome. the header that he put straight into hart's hand was the chance where he needs to improve as his heading seems to be not so convincing.

And your point is? (kugh, Torres, kugh) ;)

Just let him stay over there all season, just needs to play..

I wasn't even talking about Torres was I? This is about Lukaku not Torres, everything that needs to be said about Torres has been said.

I'm not going to praise Lukaku for almost scoring.

I wasn't even talking about Torres was I? This is about Lukaku not Torres, everything that needs to be said about Torres has been said.

I'm not going to praise Lukaku for almost scoring.

Well, at least Lukaku had the confidence to take the shots, particularly the overhead kick. He's doing well as a 19 yr old at West Brom.

Torres doesn't even want to shoot on goal, he likes crossing or passing the ball nowadays.

Well, at least Lukaku had the confidence to take the shots, particularly the overhead kick. He's doing well as a 19 yr old at West Brom.

Torres doesn't even want to shoot on goal, he likes crossing or passing the ball nowadays.

For the second time, this about Lukaku not Torres. There is no need to compare the two at every oppurtunity.

It seems discussions always evolve to accomodate Torres. Everything is always Torres this Torres that; I'm sick of it. A person will praise Sturridge by criticising Torres, they can't just praise Sturridge for playing well they find it necessary to criticise Torres. For example: 'Sturridge played well today and scored a goal. Why can't Torres do this?'. It seems that Torres is mutually inclusive to everything. Sure it's always relevent to compare and criticise Torres when concerning other players but is it alwasys necessary? NO, NO, NO, it is not necessary.

Anyway since Lukaku is playing at a different club right now wouldn't it make more sense to compare him to Shane Long or Peter Odemwingie? He is compteting against these two at West Brom in West Brom's footballing system. Wouldn't it make more sense to compare him to his actual competition? Torres and Lukaku are playing with different people in a different system so it's kind of hard to fairly compare the two, isn't it? Sure we can easily compare their abilities and attributes (speed, first touch, strength) but to compare the two on match performances is unfair for both players.

For the second time, this about Lukaku not Torres. There is no need to compare the two at every oppurtunity.

It seems discussions always evolve to accomodate Torres. Everything is always Torres this Torres that; I'm sick of it. A person will praise Sturridge by criticising Torres, they can't just praise Sturridge for playing well they find it necessary to criticise Torres. For example: 'Sturridge played well today and scored a goal. Why can't Torres do this?'. It seems that Torres is mutually inclusive to everything. Sure it's always relevent to compare and criticise Torres when concerning other players but is it alwasys necessary? NO, NO, NO, it is not necessary.

Anyway since Lukaku is playing at a different club right now wouldn't it make more sense to compare him to Shane Long or Peter Odemwingie? He is compteting against these two at West Brom in West Brom's footballing system. Wouldn't it make more sense to compare him to his actual competition? Torres and Lukaku are playing with different people in a different system so it's kind of hard to fairly compare the two, isn't it? Sure we can easily compare their abilities and attributes (speed, first touch, strength) but to compare the two on match performances is unfair for both players.

How dare a Chelsea striker be compared to another Chelsea striker !