Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

What I can say is: this guys is not ready yet to play here.

Watching our new attacking players: Harzard, Piazon, Marin, Bruyne, Oscar, makes me think Lukaku was a mistake.

Our atacking players have a lot of skills, speed and agility. We need strikers like Hulk, Torres, Cavani or Drogba.

Lukaku would suit a team like Liverpool or Stoke.

It's a shame really. Even before he arrived, it was so incredibly obvious that the guy is very raw despite the ridiculous hype that surrounded him. Ideally he would've been sent out on loan quickly after he signed, instead of wasting a whole year on the bench. Don't give me that training with big stars nonsense as that only makes him improve slightly.

I hope the rumours of him going to Fulham aren't true as he's not good enough to be a starter there. Two years in the Eredivisie at a side like Feyenoord would do him a lot of good, a league which emphasises on technique and attacking football (plus he speaks the language). To then loan him out to a a PL club for a year would be the best way to go with him. A similar approach to what the club did with Courtois, which is the best way the club has ever handled a youngster in the Abramovich era.

I think the talent is obvious to anyone and it's not something we should discuss and doubt. I am sure that a loan for a season or two in the right team, will improve his touch and link up play. On the other hand, if he stays at Chelsea he can be useful to the team in some tricky games, but that wont help in any way his development as a player.

Don't be so harsh on him. Way too early to judge, he's still only 19. He clearly is not Chelsea material yet, which is why I think that he should be loaned out, but he'll improve. His brace against Seattle proves that he has eye for goal, and knows how to score.

What I'm most baffled about is his touch. It's abysmal most of the time. Even when compared to younger and more inexperienced players like Piazon you can see the difference.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about his movement and positioning. He can work on his touch, but a strikers movement should come instinctively to him.

But I am still reserving judgement on Romelu till he gets regular playing time.

Loan to a second half of the league table kinda side. He needs to develop. Problem is that he only played in Belgium, where he could afford to let the ball bounce a couple of feet away, since he was too big and strong and fast anyways to still be able to hold on to the ball. And remember that he only played a season and a half in the first league in Belgium. Before that, obviously, he was still in youth teams. And this year he sat on the bench. So he only played for a year and a half of professional football, and he had it way too easy to fully develop. He needs to be challenged to grow, otherwise there is no incentive. So please, not the Netherlands, because he will have it too easy. Germany, or preferably PL so we can see how he fares from closeby.

All the people who are dumping on Lukaku now are the same type of clowns that were dumping on Drogba when we first signed him. I'm not comparing the two but they both were very raw when we signed them so lets just give him time ! Lets just see how he does at Fulham and give the guy some support !

It's a shame really. Even before he arrived, it was so incredibly obvious that the guy is very raw despite the ridiculous hype that surrounded him. Ideally he would've been sent out on loan quickly after he signed, instead of wasting a whole year on the bench. Don't give me that training with big stars nonsense as that only makes him improve slightly.

I hope the rumours of him going to Fulham aren't true as he's not good enough to be a starter there. Two years in the Eredivisie at a side like Feyenoord would do him a lot of good, a league which emphasises on technique and attacking football (plus he speaks the language). To then loan him out to a a PL club for a year would be the best way to go with him. A similar approach to what the club did with Courtois, which is the best way the club has ever handled a youngster in the Abramovich era.

DYC, I mean he totally ruined the Belgian league playing at Anderlecht (probably the best Belgian soccer team in the League), what the hell could he learn at the Eredivisie when he ripped the Belgian League apart at age 16-17?

Lukaku may not be ready for first team football at chelsea yet... But please give this guy a break. He's only 19 and everyone here judges him on 3-4 games. I mean... what's the use of that?

I really hope the move to Fulham takes place. I'm very sure he will show amazing things at Craven Cottage. The opinion of a lot of you guys will change in 6 months!

DYC, I mean he totally ruined the Belgian league playing at Anderlecht (probably the best Belgian soccer team in the League), what the hell could he learn at the Eredivisie when he ripped the Belgian League apart at age 16-17?

Lukaku may not be ready for first team football at chelsea yet... But please give this guy a break. He's only 19 and everyone here judges him on 3-4 games. I mean... what's the use of that?

I really hope the move to Fulham takes place. I'm very sure he will show amazing things at Craven Cottage. The opinion of a lot of you guys will change in 6 months!

The Eredivisie is of a higher level and most importantly, it's how they play in the league. Like I said, there is a emphasis on technique. Something which Romelu is seriously lacking in. He'll never make it at Chelsea if he doesn't improve significantly in this area. Playing in the Eredivisie will do him a lot of good of developing in this area. While the emphasis on attacking total/possesion football also means attackers learn how to move and link up, sounds simple but it isn't.

Just look at how the succes rate of players who move from the Eredivisie to a big league is far higher than players moving from the Jupiler league to a big league, especially when moving to a big side.

Judging him on 3-4 games? Read my post again. I've seen him before he joined and I've always said the same thing. There's a goal-scorer in him but that's about the only thing he can do. That's not enough, not at this level, and that part of his game isn't even close to the necessary level (yet).

I'm not having a go at him or anything, he's simply not ready for this level. He needs to go and play regular football somewhere. But he's not ready for Fulham imo. I can just tell we'd end up regretting sending him there.

If we can get him on loan to someone like Fulham, who have lost Johnson and looks set to lose Dempsey, and are in the Premier League, i think we should go for it. Otherwise, i think someone where like Ligue One should be an optional. But it should be PL first-choice, in order to help him develop to the style of play here.

If we can get him on loan to someone like Fulham, who have lost Johnson and looks set to lose Dempsey, and are in the Premier League, i think we should go for it. Otherwise, i think someone where like Ligue One should be an optional. But it should be PL first-choice, in order to help him develop to the style of play here.

Doesn't he need to stay in England in order to become a home grown player in the future though?