Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1- i'm not supposed to support every Chelsea player, I'm supposed to support the players that can help the club, righ now Lukaku is not ready to play here, and even if he improves in the future I still think its a mistake to pay 18m for a player that needs to play in another team or needs 2 years to show what he is about. This is the kind of player you have in academy, not the kind of player you buy for that money.

2- yes, I barely see your posts in topics that are not related to Lukaku, and if I were you I would stay away from this topic, because you are very biased.

Henrique can u get that rooney pic back as your avatar?, that was funny lol

TBH with Lukaku when I saw his record at Anderlecht and his age you wouldnt of really thought £18m was bad for a player that could potentially be one the world's deadliest strikers. Next season lets hope he gets a decent loan and as people say not Stoke. Tony Pulis buys players and just rotates them, wouldnt develop him at all. Maybe he has not made the progress we all have expected but next season lets hope he proves a point. The worst thing to happen would be for Chelsea to sell him then he goes scoring off, he is only just turned 19 so he has got years ahead of him and hopefully we will be talking his name with the likes of Drogba in a few years. Maybe he will be Arsenal's new nemesis :D

He appears to be moning a lot at the moment on the BBC but I think some may be lost in translation -hope so-he always said he was a boyhood Chelsea fan -so shouldnt be too unhappy at the way the club is 'treating' him -hopefully it's just frustration

He appears to be moning a lot at the moment on the BBC but I think some may be lost in translation -hope so-he always said he was a boyhood Chelsea fan -so shouldnt be too unhappy at the way the club is 'treating' him -hopefully it's just frustration

That's the impression that i get from him. It is more so that he is at the club he loves, but hasn't been able to be given the oppertunity to put his workshift in. I am sure he will be a success down the line for us, but we need to make sure he is treated perfectly right. I know it is down to the new manager, who i hope will be resolved before the end of the week, but i think he should be the second/third choice striker instead of someone blasting in the goals in the reserves. That is what happened to Borini, and he's already showing his worth in Italy.

That's the impression that i get from him. It is more so that he is at the club he loves, but hasn't been able to be given the oppertunity to put his workshift in. I am sure he will be a success down the line for us, but we need to make sure he is treated perfectly right. I know it is down to the new manager, who i hope will be resolved before the end of the week, but i think he should be the second/third choice striker instead of someone blasting in the goals in the reserves. That is what happened to Borini, and he's already showing his worth in Italy.

or any number of Young CFC hopefuls. The difference w/ Lukaku & the other hopefuls is the fact that Lukaku wants to be a Blue for Life. I really hopeful that CFC can work something out.

Funny, was just on his Twitter and he said on 20th May..

Romelu Lukaku@R_Lukaku

The most amazing day of my life. Thank you Chelsea Fans Thank you #CLWINNERS

He didn't seem too pissed off there.

Lukaku have said like 29 times that 'it was the best day of my life.' Even when his younger brother made his debute for Anderlecht..

Where do you guys think he should go on loan next year? I personally dont hink a team like Fulham or Everton would be the best option, because I dont think he'll play Dempsey, Jelavic,.. out of the team. So if he goes on loan to play 20 minutes every week, he's better off staying at Chelsea, where atm he's the second striker after Torres. But probably a team like Stoke or Southampton will be better for his evolution, especially when Chelsea signs Hulk.

Where do you guys think he should go on loan next year? I personally dont hink a team like Fulham or Everton would be the best option, because I dont think he'll play Dempsey, Jelavic,.. out of the team. So if he goes on loan to play 20 minutes every week, he's better off staying at Chelsea, where atm he's the second striker after Torres. But probably a team like Stoke or Southampton will be better for his evolution, especially when Chelsea signs Hulk.

We can't send him to Fulham, they'll sit him on the bench just to piss us off. Everton would be a good choice, or maybe Sunderland.

He won't get enough time at Everton. If Holt leaves, he should go to Norwich. Sunderland or Wigan won't be bad either.

Wigan treated Van Aanholt pretty badly..even though they had no recognised LB's available whilst he was on loan.....whats to say that Martinez won't leave Lukaku to rot on the bench...

If O'Neill wants him at Sunderland, then that's awesome news. With Bendtner's loan spell finishing, they got a hole to fill up front.

Wigan treated Van Aanholt pretty badly..even though they had no recognised LB's available whilst he was on loan.....whats to say that Martinez won't leave Lukaku to rot on the bench...

If O'Neill wants him at Sunderland, then that's awesome news. With Bendtner's loan spell finishing, they got a hole to fill up front.

You're right with Wigan. But being a young defender is completely different than a striker. It's almost impossible to hold down a starting place as a young defender in the PL, unless the first couple of games you have blinders. A mistake or two in your first start and you're pretty much completely out of the picture. Teams in the PL can't afford to gamble on defenders, hence why it's so hard to have a succesful loan as a defender. Strikers are completely different, because they might not win you games on bad days but they won't cost you one, hence it's easier to gamble on them and more likely they remain in the starting lineup even if they have a couple of bad games, just cause teams can afford it. Plus Wigan, don't have any decent strikers and their playing style is nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if Hulk is brought then there is a spot this season for Lukaku as effectively third choice striker which will hopefully get him 5-10 starts during the season and about 20 games in total. Hulk will play on the right wing, but can give us an option as a striker if injuries/suspensions leave us thin.

If however we sign a genuine striker then he is likely to go out on loan as he'll get very little game time as a fourth choice.

I actually believe that RDM will give a couple of the youngsters a chance. It's easy to point to last season but at the business end of the season where every game was 'must win' he had to use tried and trusted experienced players. This however didn't stop him deploying Bertrand in the Champions League final. If players work hard and take their opportunities, IMO he'll put his trust in them. Lukaku had game time in the last couple of games and looked much better than when he first joined the club. He must build on that now in pre season.