Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

He doesn't need to go on loan. Keep him right here and put him on the pitch. We can't keep relying on other clubs to develop OUR own players.

It's not like Sturridge is so clearly better than him right now so let's keep him here and let him battle it out with Sturridge for the 2nd striker position.

Totally agree, he is clearly ready to be the second striker and Sturridge should remain as a winger as he isn't exactly the physical beast we need up front. If we get another striker in though he needs to go on loan, that is a must.....

He doesn't need to go on loan. Keep him right here and put him on the pitch. We can't keep relying on other clubs to develop OUR own players.

It's not like Sturridge is so clearly better than him right now so let's keep him here and let him battle it out with Sturridge for the 2nd striker position.

Lukaku is not OUR player, he was a player from Anderletch that conviced the world he was the new Drogba when he is not even close of being ready for Premier League.

And guess what, we paid 18m...

Not sure if it's the (zombie) unreasonable conspiracy theorist in me but I wonder if the scarce playing time he saw this season was related in anyway to the part of the transfer fee that was dependent on appearances and goal bonuses.

Either you're a genius or everyone is very stupid for not having thought about that before. That's not an unreasonable conspiracy theory at all.

Lukaku is not OUR player, he was a player from Anderletch that conviced the world he was the new Drogba when he is not even close of being ready for Premier League.

Thought he came from Anderlecht. He's 19, what do you expect, a world-class replacement for Drogba?

Yeh, it probably would be a good club for him...but my question is, will Stoke actually play him....because they already have Jones, Fuller, Jerome, Walters as physical strikers.

Tony Pulis won't do a Brendan Rodgers that's for sure.

Dude, you'd be happy if Lukaku was Brazillian. You'd be saying he is brilliant, needs time Blah Blah Blah. Come off it. I bet you'd be happy with us paying 30 million+ for Lucas...

Lukaku: "Ik vergeef het Villas-Boas nooit"

1177993964.jpgBelgaLukaku vierde met zijn Chelsea-ploegmaten mee na de gewonnen CL-finale.

ma 21/05/2012 - 07:55Romelu Lukaku zag zaterdag vanuit de tribune hoe zijn Chelsea-ploegmaten de Champions League veroverden. Omdat hij daar niet toe bijdroeg, hield hij de beker met grote oren niet vast. "Ik raakte de trofee niet aan", zegt de spits die ook afrekent met zijn ex-coach.

Lees ook:

Romelu Lukaku zag vanuit de tribune hoe Chelsea de CL won en vierde daarna stevig mee op het veld. "Maar ik raakte de beker niet aan. Dat verdiende ik niet", zegt de Rode Duivel in de pers.

3756669721.jpgBelga

Lukaku stond niet op de spelerslijst van Chelsea voor de CL. "Ik zou er moeite mee gehad hebben om een medaille te aanvaarden. Misschien is dat voor volgend seizoen. Ik raak al sinds mijn elfde niets aan wat ik niet verdien. Ook van de FA Cup bleef ik af."

"In de kleedkamer bleven we na de gewonnen finale nog lang lachen en dansen. Drogba gaf een mooie speech, het was mooier dan een titel met Anderlecht."

Romelu Lukaku kreeg in zijn eerste seizoen bij Chelsea amper speelkansen. Hij had het zich anders voorgesteld en heeft ook een schuldige: André Villas-Boas, de ondertussen ontslagen Chelsea-coach.

"Ik zal de vorige coach nooit vergeven wat hij me heeft aangedaan en afgepakt. Niet enkel omdat ik niet op de Europese lijst stond, maar gewoon hoe hij tegen me sprak en me behandelde."

"Op de training zette hij me links of rechts vooraan en bij onderlinge duels moest ik steeds van team wisselen. Zo ontwikkel je je niet. Ik leerde echt niets bij", is Lukaku hard.

"50% kans op uitleenbeurt"

Na het ontslag van trainer Villas-Boas deed Di Matteo een nieuwe wind door Chelsea waaien. "De voorbije maanden ben ik beter geworden", zegt Lukaku.

"Begin juli ga ik met Chelsea op stage naar de Verenigde Staten. Als de kansen eerlijk verdeeld worden, ben ik er zeker van dat ik Chelsea kan overtuigen. Ik houd een uitleenbeurt nog in mijn achterhoofd, maar de kansen zijn fifty-fifty."

Door de zege van Chelsea moet Lukaku's ex-ploeg Anderlecht CL-voorrondes spelen. "Ik ben ervan overtuigd dat Anderlecht genoeg kwaliteit heeft om via de voorrondes in de groepsfase te raken. Het was wel een kleine schok toen ik hoorde dat Jacobs Anderlecht verlaat. Hij was mijn mentor."

Lukaku being hard to AVB. Blames him for not being in the CL Squad en for the way he was treated by the Portuguese. In training games he didn't get the chance to play at his favorite position (centre forward) and he switches from one team to another all the time. He also states that there is about 50 percent chance that he will stay at Chelsea next season. He'll go to the States with the rest of the team and will try to convince Di Matteo (or the new coach?) to stay.

Lukaku being hard to AVB. Blames him for not being in the CL Squad en for the way he was treated by the Portuguese. In training games he didn't get the chance to play at his favorite position (centre forward) and he switches from one team to another all the time. He also states that there is about 50 percent chance that he will stay at Chelsea next season. He'll go to the States with the rest of the team and will try to convince Di Matteo (or the new coach?) to stay.

I seen that on Sky Sports, sounds as if AVB tried turning him into Hulk lmao...

Even a youngster complaining like that... Yeah, seems like AVB really did have shit player management skills.

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has launched a stinging attack on former manager Andre Villas-Boas, insisting he will "never forgive" his sacked boss.

Lukaku, 19, accused Villas-Boas of ostracising him from the day he arrived at the club.

Belgium striker Lukaku was signed for £18million at the start of Villas-Boas' doomed reign as part of a long-standing scouting project but the Portuguese hardly gave the youngster a look-in.

Lukaku told Sport Wereld: "There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach.

051912-Soccer-ucl-bayern-chelsea-action-G3-AA_20120519153834953_400_300.JPG

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

Check out all the images from the UEFA Champions League final at Allianz Arena.

"It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me. Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.

"In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing!

"I have told the club that too. I understand that he was under pressure, but I was also thinking of myself. I have improved in recent months."

Lukaku only had a little more game time under caretaker-manager Roberto Di Matteo and was not in the squad for Saturday's Champions League triumph.

He was nevertheless delighted with the outcome, saying: "I could not believe it. I had to think, 'Is this really happening'? European champion...My life has changed and I'm only 19."

In the Belgian press he also says that his chances for getting a loan next season are 50-50. He will, just like Kevin De Bruyne, go on pre-season with Chelsea in the USA. They will both try to convince RDM (or the new manager) that they have the qualities to be an important player for Chelsea, if given an honest chance.

I think the last line says it all: "if given an honest chance". Which he didn't get imo till now. But Lukaku thinks it will be different next season because this year he came to Chelsea after all the pre-season stuff. Now he's with the squad from the beginning.

You people think because Lukaku is big and strong Stoke is the right place for him, i'll tell you this, it is not.

Lukaku is a goalscoring forward who has promising movement, Stoke lacks creativity, they don't play football, they just hoof the ball every game. Fair play to them though they do what they have to do and it works, but Lukaku going there is a waste, sure he might get goals, but i want him to go to a team what playes football where he can work and get promised on his movement and goal scoring, not where he's gonna sit up front all day and get balls launched at him, where pretty much and big tall forward can do.

You people think because Lukaku is big and strong Stoke is the right place for him, i'll tell you this, it is not.

Lukaku is a goalscoring forward who has promising movement, Stoke lacks creativity, they don't play football, they just hoof the ball every game. Fair play to them though they do what they have to do and it works, but Lukaku going there is a waste, sure he might get goals, but i want him to go to a team what playes football where he can work and get promised on his movement and goal scoring, not where he's gonna sit up front all day and get balls launched at him, where pretty much and big tall forward can do.

Fulham then. Perfect fit.

Were there any players besides the Portugese players who liked AVB?

Luiz, Mata and Ramires liked him a lot, apparently after the Napoli game only them and the Portuguese players were fully behind him and his ideas.