Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

If we get him, the better would be to loan him for one season to a championship club or a PL club... He will be sure to have a regular playing time and he could play without the pressure of big teams.

That would be ridiculous, im sick of us loaning out quality players when we could make use of them in our own squad.

That would be ridiculous, im sick of us loaning out quality players when we could make use of them in our own squad.

I see where you're coming from, and I could agree. But in this case it is the better thing to do for both sides. With Drogba, Torres and Sturridge, he will barely get playing time. Furthermore, when Drogba will leave or be on the bench the most of time because of his age, Lukaku will can play a bigger role thanks to his loan spell where he has got EPL or championship exeprience.

Why? Sturridge will be developed as second striker or right sided striker who can cut in. I don't see any conflict between them .

We should stop playing players out of position. Sturridge is a striker ... end of.

Rumours about Drogba staying if true would mean we'd have Torres, Drogba, Sturridge and Lukaku. I don't see Sturridge waiting around after having proved himself at this level. And why should he? We just keep repeating the pattern of buying our way out of trouble. He needs a show of confidence, not insecurity that Lukaku will undoubtedly bring.

A bird in hand = two in the bush.

We should stop playing players out of position. Sturridge is a striker ... end of.

Rumours about Drogba staying if true would mean we'd have Torres, Drogba, Sturridge and Lukaku. I don't see Sturridge waiting around after having proved himself at this level. And why should he? We just keep repeating the pattern of buying our way out of trouble. He needs a show of confidence, not insecurity that Lukaku will undoubtedly bring.

A bird in hand = two in the bush.

If Sturridge has to play as Central forward then even without Lukaku he has to warm the bench for most of the time.

Lukaku - "If I go to a top club, in the beginning I know I will be on the bench, sometimes playing 10 or 15 minutes. That will be it at the start. But my goal is that, in those 15 minutes, I will grab my chance and do better every time so that, by the end of the season when it gets really important, and there are a lot of games, I will be ready."

source

As far as I'm concerned, that's the perfect attitude to take!!

As far as I'm concerned, that's the perfect attitude to take!!

Yea, I'd say that quote alone is a good insight into his character.

Sturridge seems to be the opposite of lukaku, because he (my interpretation from interviews) just expects to walk into the first team.

Yea, I'd say that quote alone is a good insight into his character.

Sturridge seems to be the opposite of lukaku, because he (my interpretation form interviews) just expects to walk into the first team.

that is what Sturridge said two years ago

But I am going to be very patient, because I know there are world class players here and I am not going to get upset if I am not playing because it is very long season. There are going to be a lot of games and hopefully as the season goes on there are going to be opportunities so I can show the fans what abilities I have.

Meaning after a while every young player gets tired of sitting on the bench all the time, especially when players like Kalou get a lot more game time and when starters are really underperforming they still don't get to play.

Of course.

Sturridge should be getting more games than the likes of Kalou. My argument was purely towards the idea of him considering himself a first team player, who will be guaranteed a starting place.

He scored goals for bolton, good. By all means make him 1st sub, and give him more responsibilities.

Walk straight into the first team.... No.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But I also think to compare them we should wait till Lukaku is 21/22 years-old, maybe he will get tired to be on the bench as well...