Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Tomáš Kalas

James
Followers 2

All the players you listed are elite prospects (other than Smalling) in their respective positions.

Flanaghan, Jones & Nastasic were all considered to be 'wonderkids' throughout their youth...and Stones has a mature head for someone that is only 19 years old.

Kalas is a decent player....but he is NOT an elite prospect. The best he can hope for at Chelsea is a squad place like Bertrand

Jon Flanagan was considered a 'wonderkid'???????

He's barely been capped at international age-group level so I find it highly unlikely that a single person (besides you) as called him that. :lol:

In fact I'd say that Kalas was probably regarded more highly than Stones, Smalling and Flanagan. In fact Smalling was very much a late developer and never considered a prospect, elite or otherwise. My point was simply to illustrate that young, talented defenders can get minutes at big clubs and I think Kalas has just been unfortunate with his injuries and Jose's reluctance to make any changes to the defence.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with constant loans and using the development argument as justification is that, by the time they have completed the most crucial stage of their development out on loan (around the age of

Well said. At some point you just have to take that leap of faith that shows the youngster you actually believe in them. Unless this is just window dressing to counteract FFP, in which case, fair enou

Posted Images

Jon Flanagan was considered a 'wonderkid'???????

He's barely been capped at international age-group level so I find it highly unlikely that a single person (besides you) as called him that. :lol:

In fact I'd say that Kalas was probably regarded more highly than Stones, Smalling and Flanagan. In fact Smalling was very much a late developer and never considered a prospect, elite or otherwise. My point was simply to illustrate that young, talented defenders can get minutes at big clubs and I think Kalas has just been unfortunate with his injuries and Jose's reluctance to make any changes to the defence.

To be fair, you're right about that. Unfortunately, I think I pay a bit too much attention to the my LFC mates, who honestly believe that Flanaghan was a wonderkid.

As for your point about Kalas, yes, he has been unfortunate...but I get the feeling that this was his season to make an impression in the cups.....because come next season, Zouma should be with the first team and I'm expecting another defensive signing with the possible departure of David Luiz.

I'm not saying Kalas can't make it...but I think he will have to be content with a Bertrand-like role if he does not go out on loan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think he needs to bulk up, but other than that,, great performace and looks Chelsea material.

Could have scored too!

Feels weird giving our youngies a chance, we should do this more often. :Goober:

Talk about getting a chance to play! One of the most hostile and hard enviroments to play in against the likes of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in a kind of a title decider. Did well on his first start and could have scored a proper header! It was just an inch away from a goal.

We have two more PL matches left. Terry is injured, Cahill, Azpi and Iva may need rest for the upcoming CL-final :D (hopefully) I'd love to see him against Norwich and Cardiff, he deserves it after spending a year on the bench.

We've conceded 9 goals fewer than any other team in the league this year. It's unfortunate he hasn't gotten more chances but there's a damn good reason why, and it's the same reason David Luiz and Ashley Cole (141 caps between them) haven't had a look in either.

• Like 4