Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

This myth about giving him a Premier League loan to prove himself is as boring as it is a pile of crap.

He has won the best keeper in La Liga, proved himself time and time again and were thinking of sending him somewhere like Southampton and Fulham when some of the top clubs in the world are interested in him, we might aswell send Hazard there too while were at it :doh:

The PL is not some super league that you have to prove yourself in to be considered worthy, really the "players need time to adapt to the PL" is actually an urban myth, players like De Gea and Henry are the exception not the rule.

Remember when we signed PL proven Torres over Aguero :rolleyes:

This myth about giving him a Premier League loan to prove himself is as boring as it is a pile of crap.

He has won the best keeper in La Liga, proved himself time and time again and were thinking of sending him somewhere like Southampton and Fulham when some of the top clubs in the world are interested in him, we might aswell send Hazard there too while were at it :doh:

The PL is not some super league that you have to prove yourself in to be considered worthy, really the "players need time to adapt to the PL" is actually an urban myth, players like De Gea and Henry are the exception not the rule.

Remember when we signed PL proven Torres over Aguero :rolleyes:

Soo true Tomo. This ''players need time to adapt to the Prem'' is another way of saying ok, you have a good player and we know that but if he has a bad debut season he still a good player just don't think he isn't because of the bad debut season lol.

Hazard didn't need time to adapt. Oscar has adapted pretty damn well. As you mentioned above Aguero settled into the City straight away as did Silva. There are endless names that could be said for the same thing.

Pundits, Critics, Commentators, all footballing people say that most foreign imports need time to adapt to the physicality of the Premiership and to some extent that is kind of true seeing as it is a fast, strong, physical league but a whole season? Naaa.

It's the English culture that is more of a factor to why most players take time to discover their top form. The English weather is shit and so is most of the city landscape. It can come as abit of a shock to players who arrive from Spanish, South American and Italian origins.

Courtois is a proven monster in La Liga and again as you have stated he has been one, if not the best goalkeeper there for the past few seasons. So this needing to loan him out to a Premiership club to prove his worth business is a load of bollocks.

Soo true Tomo. This ''players need time to adapt to the Prem'' is another way of saying ok, you have a good player and we know that but if he has a bad debut season he still a good player just don't think he isn't because of the bad debut season lol.

Hazard didn't need time to adapt. Oscar has adapted pretty damn well. As you mentioned above Aguero settled into the City straight away as did Silva. There are endless names that could be said for the same thing.

Pundits, Critics, Commentators, all footballing people say that most foreign imports need time to adapt to the physicality of the Premiership and to some extent that is kind of true seeing as it is a fast, strong, physical league but a whole season? Naaa.

It's the English culture that is more of a factor to why most players take time to discover their top form. The English weather is shit and so is most of the city landscape. It can come as abit of a shock to players who arrive from Spanish, South American and Italian origins.

Courtois is a proven monster in La Liga and again as you have stated he has been one, if not the best goalkeeper there for the past few seasons. So this needing to loan him out to a Premiership club to prove his worth business is a load of bollocks.

I know I am championing the loan to PL team because I don't see him taking Cech's #1 spot next season and why waste a year of playing week in and week out to play maybe 10PL games and cup games thats not going to give him match sharpness.. Everyone says hes quality but we just want to deal with the whole GK situation the right way

I know I am championing the loan to PL team because I don't see him taking Cech's #1 spot next season and why waste a year of playing week in and week out to play maybe 10PL games and cup games thats not going to give him match sharpness.. Everyone says hes quality but we just want to deal with the whole GK situation the right way

I second that. I wasn't referring to your post's specifically to be honest. There has been mention of this debacle in previous discussions, I was just airing my opinion on the matter. I do agree with you.. I want to hang onto Courtois as he is the perfect replacement for Cech but somehow we need to do this without dropping Cech prematurely and without Courtois thinking he isn't wanted and for him to enjoy his time at whatever club we loan him to.

I second that. I wasn't referring to your post's specifically to be honest. There has been mention of this debacle in previous discussions, I was just airing my opinion on the matter. I do agree with you.. I want to hang onto Courtois as he is the perfect replacement for Cech but somehow we need to do this without dropping Cech prematurely and without Courtois thinking he isn't wanted and for him to enjoy his time at whatever club we loan him to.

Precisely I knew you weren't speaking to me directly its just the fact that I know I have said he should be loaned to PL team.. But as we both agree this situation needs to be handled with the upmost care cause this kid is for sure UEFA Gold Glove Winner

Ok. Now for something unpopular like DDA said.

Courtois will not need to adapt that much. I love Cech, but Thibault is at that tender age such a beast (his appearance in goal for the NT brought a sigh of relief throughout our puny nation!!)

Like I did with Hazard and got a LOT of flack for it on the beginning - Thibault will surpass even CECH in time I believe. It is no coincidence old top keepers keep saying this guy compares on style and ability to Lev Yashin . No belgian fanboy-im intended. He does need work, as Alex so rigjly points ou !

Cech is going downhill on fitness reliability ..... I want this guy here next year.

Or do you want Turnbull in a final if Cech goes hurt by chance .....

Best player on the pitch in my opinion. He has so much composure, agility, ability in general. He's better than the 'keeper who displaced so-called 'best in the world' Casillas.. :ph34r:

HUGE SAFE FROM COURTOIS IN the copa final.

But really HUGE, with 15 minutes of extra time 2-1 for Atlético

Massive save indeed, IF AM wins they have to send us at least one of the cup handles for loaning him to them. :ph34r: