Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Thibaut Courtois

Domino-
Followers 3

32 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I'm convinced he will leave but still not buying all these stories about his agent and what not, we can't believe any of this, surely the first thing we would hear is him handing in a transfer request?

He could or wai until next year. If he goes to Real on a free he would get a much better contact. 

He is in a good spot, unless he really wants to leave immediately 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's always the chance that Courtois does a WWF-style move in the 90th minute of the second leg. Score is 0-0, extra time is looming, Torres takes a shot from 12 yards which eventually reaches Cour

He nailed that penalty like it was De Bruyne's bird.

When I rewatched the save of the 1v1 I noticed he seems to get low to the ground so quickly, and I mean this in a good way Just watch Scznenzyzne-thingy against Naismith yesterday When he gets in t

Posted Images

Just now, Clockwork said:

He could or wai until next year. If he goes to Real on a free he would get a much better contact. 

He is in a good spot, unless he really wants to leave immediately 

Yea I get that, it's just the news that's coming out saying his agent is pushing the move etc, if he was pushing it, there would be a transfer request so take what you read with a pinch of salt as always.

Personally I think we should make him see out his contract and the longer it goes on, the more I think this is will be the case, it's so late now that either way, we are having our pants pulled down.. it will either be Tibo doing it or whichever club we approach for their GK by adding 10m to the price. There is still January where something can happen also.

I don't want him here but if he were to leave now, we would be spending probably 20m on a stop gap, why not just keep that 20m, keep Tibo for the last year and just let him go for free next year. If Madrid want him that bad, they will have to beat off other clubs offers on his contract.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Are we actually even looking for Courtois' replacement? Ever since Liverpool signed Alisson, we have heard absolutely nothing on the GK front with the exception of a few fleeting rumors and that Schmeichel rumors seemingly came about only because of his penalty heroics against Croatia. Would think if we are searching for a new no.1, we would have heard something concrete by now. It feels like we're either willing to keep Courtois and let him go for free next year OR somehow maintaining the hope we can persuade him to stay.

The single most worrying factor in regards to the remainder of this window is that we are not being strongly linked with anyone. 

Just now, DDA said:

The single most worrying factor in regards to the remainder of this window is that we are not being strongly linked with anyone. 

Absolutely. Everything has gone absolutely quiet since Alisson went to Liverpool and Golovin to Monaco. Not that it would have made a massive difference with us but it was an idiotic decision to close the transfer window so early for the first time in a World Cup year! 

• Like 3
Any way that we could get a keeper in and do a Courtois + cash for Kovacic?  

Unlikely unless we overpay or get someone that isn't up to the task (Trapp, Areola, etc).
24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Unlikely unless we overpay or get someone that isn't up to the task (Trapp, Areola, etc).

It's going to be both.  But, will probably be the case next summer as well.

It's going to be both.  But, will probably be the case next summer as well.
Lets hope not. There were plenty of options this summer, but the club decided to put all their eggs in one basket.

OK, I'm going to say it. If Thibaut leaves then we should get radical, reinvest the fee in other areas, and go with Marcin. From the first time I saw him in the youth team, the kid impressed me. It would be a bold move, to the point of near recklessness, but you win prizes when you get the big decisions right and I think this lad would justify the decision to back him. I'm not expecting it, but I'm hoping that he'll start today.

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:
18 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Jasper Cillessen wants out of barcelona 

Jasper Cillessen wants out of barcelona 

He's a notable set down compared to Thibo. I honestly hope we go for someone that has potential to grow here such as Strakosha.

Yea this is getting to me as well, if he wanted to go he should have put a transfer request early in the window. This shows a complete lack of respect to the club the way he has handled this, a year is a long time and he should be made to stay and rot on the bench. 

Alternatively we sell him and spend 30m on someone to fill the gap for a year or 2.. might as well lose 30m and teach him a lesson. 

I know it’s not my money lol it just irritates me that this clown thinks he’s better than the club who showed faith in him as a teenager, no respect what so ever. Even Luis Suarez signed a new contract with a clause to show his respect to Liverpool so they get what he’s worth.