Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So what do we do for a keeper if/when we sell Tibo? Considering we have APPARENTLY put a £12mill pricetag on Asmirs head.

Right now its looking like we are one of thos wanky selling clubs cause we got fuck al repolacing the ones we sell upto now.

I hear Arsenal have a quality keeper and with the right offer we could turn his head.

I'm hearing it's not just Real Madrid who are interested and I think some of the rumours may just be people playing around with the stories, yet allegedly two top European clubs have been watching Thibaut Courtois which is where the information about Madrid steams from.

The bust up stories I don't always buy, it's the common way of sensationalizing reports.

However, I think others clubs may come looking because he's in good form this year. Juventus for example have money to spend (considering their outgoings) and of course Buffon isn't getting any younger.

That said I think Courtois is very overrated and if the right fee comes in for him, I believe you guys could find someone better.

I'm hearing it's not just Real Madrid who are interested and I think some of the rumours may just be people playing around with the stories, yet allegedly two top European clubs have been watching Thibaut Courtois which is where the information about Madrid steams from.
The bust up stories I don't always buy, it's the common way of sensationalizing reports.
However, I think others clubs may come looking because he's in good form this year. Juventus for example have money to spend (considering their outgoings) and of course Buffon isn't getting any younger.
That said I think Courtois is very overrated and if the right fee comes in for him, I believe you guys could find someone better.

Y do chelsea fans like to believe their players are not good enough or overrated. It funkn kills me. When courtois leave we dont know who else is there to replace every proven keeper is booked. And it seems like even chelsea leading the table still doesnt attract attention to other players which is frustrating for me as a fan and i feel the direction the club is moving toward is the arsenal direction. Selling all our quality when we get a remarkable bid. Apparently we aint rich as we thought we were and will go down the rich list by the time the new stadium is complete even though it all Roman funded. And we cant even compete with clubs like Man united mancity psg barca and many more. This rumour shouldnt exist in the first place when we will be entering a phase where transfer money will be limited again due to stadium expansion.
For me i believe money talks build courtois some expensive house in london so his family can move in pay him highly then we can trash all this talks. This applies to all our star players. Its so frustrating how everyone targets chelsea players and not mancity or man united and even Tottenham

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FootballManics said:

Lol, if there is a goalkeeper heavily underrated, it's Courtois. The best goalkeeper in the world and this season he is the best by far, nobody comes close now. But like the media, you love Man Utd and you love spectacular goalkeepers who do crazy things all the time and jump like fools. Like Neuer and DDG. I see insane saves from Courtois that people consider as normal, because he makes it look easy. And when DDG jumps like a crazy fool ands saves a much easier ball the same day, everybody goes mad. And DDG and Neuer make a lot more mistakes than Courtois also.

If you like crazy goalkeepers and the opponent gaining confidence from that and you are a popcorn fan that wants to see great drama all the time, I understand your choice for Neuer and DDG. If you want the best and get your team as high as possible, you can only choose Courtois imo.

Lol, if there is a goalkeeper heavily underrated, it's Courtois. The best goalkeeper in the world and this season he is the best by far, nobody comes close now. But like the media, you love Man Utd and you love spectacular goalkeepers who do crazy things all the time and jump like fools. Like Neuer and DDG. I see insane saves from Courtois that people consider as normal, because he makes it look easy. And when DDG jumps like a crazy fool ands saves a much easier ball the same day, everybody goes mad. And DDG and Neuer make a lot more mistakes than Courtois also.

If you like crazy goalkeepers and the opponent gaining confidence from that and you are a popcorn fan that wants to see great drama all the time, I understand your choice for Neuer and DDG. If you want the best and get your team as high as possible, you can only choose Courtois imo.

I totally agree with you. I mean how dare someone say Courtois is overrated. Are you a blind footbal fan. He is a keeper who does his job and thats that.

If we have to pay him 200k they have to. We have a guaranteed keeper for more than 10yrs since keepers get better with age(hopefully Courtois is one of those keepers) we didnt sell cech so 3yrs down the line we would have no one.

2 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Y do chelsea fans like to believe their players are not good enough or overrated. It funkn kills me. When courtois leave we dont know who else is there to replace every proven keeper is booked. And it seems like even chelsea leading the table still doesnt attract attention to other players which is frustrating for me as a fan and i feel the direction the club is moving toward is the arsenal direction. Selling all our quality when we get a remarkable bid. Apparently we aint rich as we thought we were and will go down the rich list by the time the new stadium is complete even though it all Roman funded. And we cant even compete with clubs like Man united mancity psg barca and many more. This rumour shouldnt exist in the first place when we will be entering a phase where transfer money will be limited again due to stadium expansion.
For me i believe money talks build courtois some expensive house in london so his family can move in pay him highly then we can trash all this talks. This applies to all our star players. Its so frustrating how everyone targets chelsea players and not mancity or man united and even Tottenham

You make a fair point about experienced keepers, chances are if he goes - you'll probably tempt one to make a move (winning the Premier League will do that) or you will develop an upcoming keeper into the role.

Football is a fast paced game, there's plenty of cash flowing around but why worry about the 'rich list'?

I know full well last season the majority of Chelsea fans didn't think you would be in this position (top of the league). City throw money down the drain, as does United but you've turned things around with smart transfers and a manager who works hard for it.

You've gone off the track suggesting money and a home should be built, do you really need to bribe or convince players to stay? Jesus, I'd rather make do with my passionless lot.

Its so frustrating how everyone targets chelsea players and not mancity or man united and even Tottenham

LOL.... Really? REALLY??? Harry Kane isn't being targeted? Deli Ali isn't? It's like Arsenal fans whining over Man City pinching their players (most of which are verging on being out of contract).

Have players who care, want to play and are the best - yet isn't it important they understand the clubs values?

No offence but your struggling yourself with that one.

1 hour ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Best keeper in the world? You've got some blue tinted glasses on.

Your reply also jumped the gun somewhat, I don't remotely like United. I prefer keepers who have a track record and perform well season after the season, something which the best keepers do just fine.

1 hour ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I totally agree with you. I mean how dare someone say Courtois is overrated. Are you a blind footbal fan. He is a keeper who does his job and thats that.

How dare someone have an opinion other than yours? He does his job okay, yeah this season he is in fine form but what about last season? Why does he hold his international place? Despite doing nothing with Belgium? (a nation which has a label the golden generation but yet is vastly overrated).

That said, he's 24 and there's time to improve further but if anyone suggests he's at his peak or the best he can. .......

I won't say it. :blink:

Conte rates Courtois as the best keeper in the world. Said so himself numerous times. 

Weve sold players who weren't even in the first XI for mammoth fees so imagine the sort of bid it would take for Madrid to buy Courtois. Chelsea won't be bullied by Real Madrid. Even if he himself wants out we hold all of the power and can demand silly money.

@footbalmanics when kane was targeted wat the f did they do. Gave him a better contract and he signed thats that. As for arsenal you should realize i didnt add their name to that list cause its a team to grow acadamy players and thats all they do and do well

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

If he ever leaves, I hope it gets clear soon enough so we can get Oblak as replacement before city or someone else snatches him up.

I would put my money on it city will be in for a keeper in the summer cause bravo is a complete tube 

6 hours ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

@footbalmanics when kane was targeted wat the f did they do. Gave him a better contract and he signed thats that. As for arsenal you should realize i didnt add their name to that list cause its a team to grow acadamy players and thats all they do and do well

Manchester United are still chasing him to my knowledge, the contract hasn't put them off - it's just added an higher price tag. Just last week news was filtering out that United would increase their off to £80m.

Not sure I agree about Arsenal.

Out of all the London based clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal actually compare quite closely in my opinion, you both avoid signing players for the sake of it - resulting in recruiting players who fit your play, at the right place and have potential to develop. There was once a time not that long ago where Chelsea had many upcoming academy players quite highly rated, I think Jose put an end to your fledging stars because he likes ready made, experienced first team players.

With yet more of the same 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go' links about the lad I THINK we can safely assume theres some truth to the fact he is interested in going back to Spain

His wife,daughter have never left so his heart ust still be there.

The money being tossed about is nothing compared to the de Gea contract that fell thru is nowhere near similar tho.

Tibo has his faults as does every other player but hes a good keepeer and difficult to replace. Do we pay him £180/£200k a week to keep him?

Or do we look thru this lot for example to find another after we sell him?

Chelsea ace urges agent to force transfer: Conte's star man desperate for Spain return

THIBAUT COURTOIS is desperate to land a move to Real Madrid this summer, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/757633/Thibaut-Courtois-transfer-latest-Real-Madrid-agent

25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

With yet more of the same 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go' links about the lad I THINK we can safely assume theres some truth to the fact he is interested in going back to Spain

His wife,daughter have never left so his heart ust still be there.

The money being tossed about is nothing compared to the de Gea contract that fell thru is nowhere near similar tho.

Tibo has his faults as does every other player but hes a good keepeer and difficult to replace. Do we pay him £180/£200k a week to keep him?

Or do we look thru this lot for example to find another after we sell him?

Chelsea ace urges agent to force transfer: Conte's star man desperate for Spain return

THIBAUT COURTOIS is desperate to land a move to Real Madrid this summer, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/757633/Thibaut-Courtois-transfer-latest-Real-Madrid-agent

Aren't those newspapers getting tired already writing the same bs from day one he returned to us? So unimaginative from the press if they need to regurgitate the same thing over and over again.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Aren't those newspapers getting tired already writing the same bs from day one he returned to us? So unimaginative from the press if they need to regurgitate the same thing over and over again.

You know they will always find some way to try and knock us doiwn.

The press do love to build a team up. They saw how we had changed under Conte. Playing better, Costa nicer, charismatic friendly manager, winning streak etc etc.

But they take more delight in knocking someone down. Wether it mean rehashing the same ole same ole or just making shit up. A click is a click whether its building up or knocking down. The truth dont come into it.

Every month or so the rumors about Courtois leaving flare up again. I'm not believing a word of it now. I think he's happy here now when maybe he wasn't before. If we win the league he's got no reason to leave and he'll probably be offered a new deal he can't say no to.